Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325747 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early alpha) (we have a multi server!)
« Reply #1290 on: August 11, 2013, 09:09:52 pm »

alas, nowhere. I keep it on SP for construction purposes. Since it was never finished it never got onto the server, it also costs a ridiculous amount of money. BUT, I CAN give you the blueprint file if you wish.

Sure, I'd like that!

Yea I am too, might have to place blocks manually, doesn't seem to like us being in build blocks while doing this insanity.

Strange, I only crashed once, then never had an issue with build blocks.

EDIT: Gravity didn't effect me though, so...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 09:23:50 pm by Glloyd »

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: August 11, 2013, 10:36:49 pm »

At great personal risk, I, Kadzar the Intrepid Space Adventurer, have brought you photos of Bay 12's noble attempt to build a space elevator to the sun. Without further ado, this is the album (which includes some other stuff from last night and stuff I saw tonight) and here are the pictures:

« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 11:04:28 pm by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: August 11, 2013, 10:52:25 pm »

It actually does enter the sun now.  And it doesn't crash either!  But...

• It's only in the sun a certain time of day.
    • Because it extends a good 2 sectors(probably more) from it's home planet the platform moves so fast that noone on foot can stay on it.  Even to ships the combination of unstoppable force and movement in relation to the sector it's passing through causes some odd collision behavior which seems to include de-synchronization.  It seems to move at around 25 speed.
    • The platform isn't visible from inside the sun, not sure if being inside of the sun stealthily teleports you someplace else or if the blocks simply don't render over the background.
    • I had to go before I could finish the sides of the walkway.
    • The plexlifter is too long to be useable, and doesn't come anywhere near the top yet at any rate.

Still it's a multisector structure going from a planet to a star, regardless of actual functionality, and as a bonus it didn't break anything forsaken would have to fix.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 11:04:15 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: August 11, 2013, 11:03:33 pm »

@ Eric, I'll get on that as soon as I have a chance!
Thanks!

Shenanigans is a good description. I'm actually rather terrified of just what you're doing...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: August 11, 2013, 11:13:46 pm »

I have an idea for our next megaproject! We find a suitable planet in the solar system where most players reside (I believe it's StarSys -1,-1,-1, either way, the star is located at -8,-8,-8) and strip it down to the bottom row of blocks. Then, we expand that bottom row, and build a mega city on top of it. In my mind, it's something like Coruscant from Star Wars, or the Citadel from Mass Effect. Have a factory district, housing district, political district (I'll get back to this) and some sort of intergalactic airport dealy. (Or even do it in an upper level, lower level type thing) So, the planet would need to be unfactioned, naturally, but I think it'd be cool if we made a "Political District" in which we would have a large meeting hall (The Galactic Senate... Oh god, I'm such a Star Wars nerd) and outside, each faction could build their own embassy, and have the planet be a sort of neutral zone, where we can all meet and settle wars and peace and whatnot. It sounds totally impractical, but I think it'd be a pretty cool thing to have/do.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: August 12, 2013, 01:38:22 am »

Oh, so all of you guys are around -1, -1, -1? I might dismantle my base and move there then.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: August 12, 2013, 02:00:23 am »

I have an idea for our next megaproject! We find a suitable planet in the solar system where most players reside (I believe it's StarSys -1,-1,-1, either way, the star is located at -8,-8,-8) and strip it down to the bottom row of blocks. Then, we expand that bottom row, and build a mega city on top of it. In my mind, it's something like Coruscant from Star Wars, or the Citadel from Mass Effect. Have a factory district, housing district, political district (I'll get back to this) and some sort of intergalactic airport dealy. (Or even do it in an upper level, lower level type thing) So, the planet would need to be unfactioned, naturally, but I think it'd be cool if we made a "Political District" in which we would have a large meeting hall (The Galactic Senate... Oh god, I'm such a Star Wars nerd) and outside, each faction could build their own embassy, and have the planet be a sort of neutral zone, where we can all meet and settle wars and peace and whatnot. It sounds totally impractical, but I think it'd be a pretty cool thing to have/do.

If the server world hasn't been changed, I started a planet wide city at -6,-10,-3. It's only a few structures placed around on the ground level, but it has one really tall tower and a planet spanning lava drain going from one side to the other.
As I said in game a few months ago, anyone is welcome to build on there and build what they want, up to and including knocking walls through other buildings to make walkways and so forth.

My plan was for a hivecity (read: a pyramid of structures with heaps of lost sections) with a  loose theme of black and grey buildings, but whatever structures suit you is fine.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: August 12, 2013, 11:46:02 am »

Oh, so all of you guys are around -1, -1, -1? I might dismantle my base and move there then.

Yeah, the star is located in sector -8,-8,-8, and I think about half of the players have bases in there. I know Facekillz, Eric, the two members of TeamSpacePirateWizard, Greiger and I live in there, and I think AseaHeru and some others are moving there. There could be more, those are just the ones I could think of off the top of my head.

If the server world hasn't been changed, I started a planet wide city at -6,-10,-3. It's only a few structures placed around on the ground level, but it has one really tall tower and a planet spanning lava drain going from one side to the other.
As I said in game a few months ago, anyone is welcome to build on there and build what they want, up to and including knocking walls through other buildings to make walkways and so forth.

My plan was for a hivecity (read: a pyramid of structures with heaps of lost sections) with a  loose theme of black and grey buildings, but whatever structures suit you is fine.

Yeah, I saw that last night! Is it unfactioned do you know?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: August 12, 2013, 12:00:32 pm »

Just to make sure it's clear the starsystem is -1, -1, -1.  Starsystems and sectors have diffrent numberings.   The star for starsystem -1, -1, -1 is located at -8, -8, -8 and we are mostly on planets or have stations orbiting that star, we are not actually within the star (other than the space elevator into it).  We're at places like -7,-6,-8 and such.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 12:03:04 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: August 12, 2013, 12:55:20 pm »

Where any of the idiots on last night rude or breaking rules?

If so, I claim full responsibility, as it is my actions that caused them to join.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT:
Noticed the glaring errors.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 02:07:00 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: August 12, 2013, 02:05:48 pm »

My ships main AMC cannon is too much for even 1.2 million e/sec to handle, and it's not finished! 300k AMCs are too much, I think.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: August 12, 2013, 03:35:11 pm »

Can't get onto the server, login succeeds, no terrain renders, ping goes critical (1500-3500) and I cannot spawn in.  >:( Just to be perfectly clear I had no trouble this morning or last night.
edit: Spawned in,  massive chunk errors  all around my homeworld. ping fluctuated from 800+ to 4500+Something is lagging the server to death.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 04:01:10 pm by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: August 12, 2013, 04:31:11 pm »

I can't log in at all. It gets stuck on "Logging in as Japa"

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: August 12, 2013, 06:25:45 pm »

It has been entirely too long for it to be the fault of the sunlevator.  We claim innocence, if things continue without a hitch for more than 4 hours after shenanigans we have immunity.  It's the rule.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: August 12, 2013, 06:28:26 pm »

It has been entirely too long for it to be the fault of the sunlevator.  We claim innocence, if things continue without a hitch for more than 4 hours after shenanigans we have immunity.  It's the rule.

I will now engrave this post on the side of my planetship and launch it into a sun at a very, very low speed.

IF I CAN GET ON
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 181