Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325775 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early alpha) (we have a multi server!)
« Reply #1275 on: August 11, 2013, 11:37:05 am »

Still, for when our ships are shot to hell and we got a station to kill.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: August 11, 2013, 03:54:32 pm »

Hm, I've been thinking of leaving my Star Wars projects on hold for now, and going off with another crazy concept. Basically, building flying Asteroids/Comets/Planets/Islands/Cities whatever. I made a little floating island with a hut on top, but then it got eaten by the sun... So I figured I'd make a comet next, something like a big flying ball of ice and ice crystals, with a little space inside to walk through. Or, an asteroid, a big floating hunk of rock and whatnot, with the inside hollowed out to make a little flying town, or something of that sort... Opinions?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: August 11, 2013, 04:32:10 pm »

Help me build a massive ship.

Then build one that makes space stations look tiny.

Oh, I have also haulled my brother in.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: August 11, 2013, 04:42:29 pm »

Can someone do me a huge favor and destroy ALL my big ships around my station at -8, -6, -9? Every time I log on I can't get above 3 FPS because of all my stuff.
Also, I'm pretty sure I don't have my faction set to 'Pew pew hostile actions' so, blast away. All of my ships follow a white and purple color scheme, and don't blow up my station, if possible. thanks to whoever takes this duty as theirs.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 04:44:14 pm by Facekillz058 »
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: August 11, 2013, 05:12:56 pm »

Aren't you the one who bankrupted himself at max credits to bring a ship in? Didn't I say this would be a problem?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: August 11, 2013, 06:20:51 pm »

Can someone do me a huge favor and destroy ALL my big ships around my station at -8, -6, -9? Every time I log on I can't get above 3 FPS because of all my stuff.
Also, I'm pretty sure I don't have my faction set to 'Pew pew hostile actions' so, blast away. All of my ships follow a white and purple color scheme, and don't blow up my station, if possible. thanks to whoever takes this duty as theirs.
You should be safe to log in, I destroyed 3 overly large ships at that shop with purple and white coloration.  FPS improved significantly.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: August 11, 2013, 06:53:37 pm »

You should be safe to log in, I destroyed 3 overly large ships at that shop with purple and white coloration.  FPS improved significantly.

Awesome, thanks a bunch man.
Luckly, I had everything catalogued, so I pick up where I left off.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: August 11, 2013, 07:15:39 pm »

Hm, I've been thinking of leaving my Star Wars projects on hold for now, and going off with another crazy concept. Basically, building flying Asteroids/Comets/Planets/Islands/Cities whatever. I made a little floating island with a hut on top, but then it got eaten by the sun... So I figured I'd make a comet next, something like a big flying ball of ice and ice crystals, with a little space inside to walk through. Or, an asteroid, a big floating hunk of rock and whatnot, with the inside hollowed out to make a little flying town, or something of that sort... Opinions?

I got pretty far on an asteroid fortress some time ago, I don't have the most interest in continuing it though, would you like to take it over?

If not, totally go for an asteroid/comet/high-charity base thing!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: August 11, 2013, 07:18:18 pm »

I got pretty far on an asteroid fortress some time ago, I don't have the most interest in continuing it though, would you like to take it over?

If not, totally go for an asteroid/comet/high-charity base thing!

Sure, is it a ship or a station?

EDIT: Eric, the AI in some of the planetary turrets seem to be disabled. Notably the one on the surface, and the one off the side. Some pirates came in, and both didn't move. Your ships still shredded them though, haha.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: August 11, 2013, 07:41:30 pm »

If you could turn them back on, that'd be great. No reason not to blow everything to hell. You've got free reign over the fleet for now; I'll be unable to connect for the next few days because I'm in the process of moving.

I also have a favor to ask: Can you go to the Queen_Of_Bees and save her to the catalogue, to your local files, then send me the blueprint online? Maybe some of the other ships or turrets floating around, like the turret near the bee? That would be totally awesome. :3

I still wasn't able to connect to the server when I tried Friday. Giving me EOF exceptions and nullpointer exceptions. And of course wrong version errors after I updated. Until I can successfully connect, there's no way I can update your faction membership or anything...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: August 11, 2013, 07:59:10 pm »

@Glloyd: It's a ship, with pretty big handcrafted asteroid.

Pics:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

should give you a pretty good idea.

The asteroid is about as tall as the extruding structure, taller maybe. inside the ateroid is a barren medical facility, a brig, a central transit zone thats incomplete.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 08:03:06 pm by Urist McScoopbeard »

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: August 11, 2013, 08:20:41 pm »

@ Eric, I'll get on that as soon as I have a chance!

@Urist, That's so awesome. That's along the lines of what I was thinking. Where would it be located?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: August 11, 2013, 08:38:24 pm »

alas, nowhere. I keep it on SP for construction purposes. Since it was never finished it never got onto the server, it also costs a ridiculous amount of money. BUT, I CAN give you the blueprint file if you wish.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: August 11, 2013, 08:39:59 pm »

Well, I kept crashing during our little project, so I give up for now, tomorrow, more shall be done, probably!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: August 11, 2013, 09:02:28 pm »

Yea I am too, might have to place blocks manually, doesn't seem to like us being in build blocks while doing this insanity.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 181