Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325720 times)

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early alpha) (we have a multi server!)
« Reply #1050 on: August 01, 2013, 04:16:16 pm »

So, I finally got the game, and I'm a bit lost on how to start getting stuff. I suppose I could find a rock or abandoned station and start harvesting things there, although I was hoping for something less boring or at least faster. Harvest beams doesn't seem to be fast enough, barely faster than just getting out and removing things manually by right clicks, and that's with a bunch of them.

Anything that I'm missing?
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: August 01, 2013, 04:20:06 pm »

Group harvesters in long lines touching at the corners, your harvest speed will dramatically increase.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: August 01, 2013, 04:28:06 pm »

IP in the OP. :P
The B12 official server for StarMade: 68.55.212.49:4242

Ah, I must have missed that. Thanks!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: August 01, 2013, 04:38:39 pm »

I am getting this game and trying it out.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: August 01, 2013, 05:01:15 pm »

So, does size put any limit on turning speed and acceleration, or is it just a matter of overcoming mass with enough thrusters? Because I've been thinking about replacing the Soul_Fire's internal weaponry with thrusters, since I'm not sure what I could aim them at that would stay in place long enough to kill it, other than stations.

Also, is setting up a factory worth it? Because Eric let me raid the remains of a pirate station he killed, and now I'm considering whether or not I want to get into manufacturing.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: August 01, 2013, 05:23:43 pm »

I haven't produced a whole lot from my factories, but they at least work if you have some recipes. Which are usually bogus...

Also, your turning rate is affected only by mass, not volume. Thrusters also don't affect turning rate, only linear acceleration.

Additionally, I found another derelict player ship in (4,4,1) named "WD," in case anyone has been looking for such.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: August 01, 2013, 05:32:21 pm »

I think it's awesome how quickly the server has become filled with abandoned ships and megaprojects, very B12 ;).

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #1057 on: August 01, 2013, 06:04:42 pm »

Everyone blame Nilius.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: August 01, 2013, 06:05:22 pm »

Yeah the server just died sadly. I guess I have to take a break from building my megaship.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: August 01, 2013, 06:05:57 pm »

Blaming Nullius is mean. It could have decided to shutdown for anyone! You don't know it's his fault alone! :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: August 01, 2013, 06:07:15 pm »

That's a little unfair, I haven't had problems on the B12 server before.  That said, as soon as I logged in we got the same failure to save error as before. :(

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: August 01, 2013, 06:07:54 pm »

When shut-down or fail-to-save sequences start, it might be worth seeing if someone just joined the game.

We did have a good amount of people on, and even though it started exactly when he logged in it might not be centered on him but might be a login bug or something based on the newest version of starmade.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: August 01, 2013, 06:10:30 pm »

I saw that error shortly after the first time I started playing, which was... June 26, but since it's utterly non-descriptive (you might check the server logs, but IIRC there was nothing about any kind of error in them when it happened then) it doesn't help figure out the problem.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: August 01, 2013, 06:13:22 pm »

So what is more space efficient, a 5x5x5 power generator (not a cube, but a 5x5x5 design that makes 9500 e/sec) or really, really long power lines (about 110 length each).
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #1064 on: August 01, 2013, 06:14:16 pm »

That's a little unfair, I haven't had problems on the B12 server before.  That said, as soon as I logged in we got the same failure to save error as before. :(

Just in good fun =P

At the time, my sector was trying to load a space station which actually failed to load. Like, part of it was visible, but most of it wasn't visible as in it wasn't loaded correctly. I was flying around it around the time that Nilius logged in, then there was the server error. Afterwards, some more of it loaded but it never loaded all the way. I also used my salvage lasers and they hit nothing just to check that the blocks actually didn't exist. Could have been a combination of something loading, while it's saving, and someone logs in. Or just logging in during a save, maybe?
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 181