Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325709 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early alpha) (we have a multi server!)
« Reply #1020 on: July 30, 2013, 01:00:44 am »

I suggest you don't visit the Harpy Marauders and Greyskins' Blight. Because as far as I recall, they're player-made hostile factions. They might shoot you up.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: July 30, 2013, 01:28:42 am »

They don't show up as hostile on the faction list. And, anyway, when you're a dashing space explorer, you've got to be willing to take on a little fire to bring people information about the galaxy around them.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: July 30, 2013, 03:39:21 am »

Well, I can ferry the Soul Fire over to where you can pick it up, if you want. I'm doing a whole lot of exploring myself as well. ^_^

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: July 30, 2013, 07:05:19 am »

I seem to be unable to join the server. Is it down right now?
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1024 on: July 30, 2013, 07:15:04 am »

I seem to be unable to join the server. Is it down right now?
I don't see any issues with it but I'll reset it just in case.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: July 30, 2013, 07:21:30 am »

It certainly had some kind of error at one point, as it tossed me a big fat warning that it had some trouble saving, and that it'd shut down in 10 minutes, complete with huge countdown.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: July 30, 2013, 07:53:06 am »

Thanks for the offer, and I'm halfway tempted to take you up on it, but the trip there originally was long and arduous, and I lost the fighter Eric Blank gave me due to a crash, which at least flung me very close by your sector, and I was fortunate enough to have the materials necessary to build another ship on hand. So I don't think I want to make that journey again unless there's something new and/or exciting that's been built or is occurring in that general area.
Well, suit yourself. Our neck of the woods is very pretty. :P

I've relocated the Soul Fire over to my old base's vicinity - the one with the cactus turret - so you can pick it up there. It's also just the next planet over from what seems to be residence of the Army of Darkness, so I'm not really sure if you've actually missed them.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: July 30, 2013, 09:35:56 am »

Also, I've compared my screenshot of the faction list to the photos I've taken, and determined there are four faction homes I haven't visited yet: KD_Industries, The Army of Darkness, Harpy_Mauraders, and Greyskins_Blight.

I set up my base after you took those photos, but it's not much to look at right now. Just a big circle of grey blocks.

Also, faction homes are immune to damage, right?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: July 30, 2013, 09:49:53 am »

As long as they remain faction homes, yes. After some pirates attacked while I was loitering around my old home (while depositing the Soul Fire), it kinda started to look like a warzone.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: July 30, 2013, 11:15:14 am »

I suggest you don't visit the Harpy Marauders and Greyskins' Blight. Because as far as I recall, they're player-made hostile factions. They might shoot you up.

They're hostile to one another and will declare war on you if you shoot at them, but they're neutral by default to everyone else.

Though, neither of their homeworlds is especially interesting right now. I was thinking about setting up the higher tiers of Harpy ships and having a fleet battle between them, though.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: July 30, 2013, 01:54:25 pm »

Thanks for the offer, and I'm halfway tempted to take you up on it, but the trip there originally was long and arduous, and I lost the fighter Eric Blank gave me due to a crash, which at least flung me very close by your sector, and I was fortunate enough to have the materials necessary to build another ship on hand. So I don't think I want to make that journey again unless there's something new and/or exciting that's been built or is occurring in that general area.
Well, suit yourself. Our neck of the woods is very pretty. :P

I've relocated the Soul Fire over to my old base's vicinity - the one with the cactus turret - so you can pick it up there. It's also just the next planet over from what seems to be residence of the Army of Darkness, so I'm not really sure if you've actually missed them.
Thanks; I plan to log in next thing, so I should be able to pick it up then. And yeah, I'm sure I'll make the trip eventually, but this game doesn't seem to like my laptop's in-built graphics card, so I'm a little wary of losing another nice ship to a random crash out in the middle of nowhere.

And I have no idea why, but I don't seem to have pictures of Army of Darkness. I think it's because, when looking for nearby coordinates, I only payed attention to a single axis at a time or something.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
  • Infernally rotten to the gore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: July 30, 2013, 08:25:32 pm »

Hey guys. I pretty much stopped playing for a month or so. Did anyone see my Leviathan ship? It was basically just a core with power stuff in it, supposed to be the back of a calbiri vessel. It was supposed to be near home of my faction - The Army of Darkness.

Also, does anyone need anything in terms of war, peace etc. from me? I saw a few requests but forgot how do I accept them (Or were they already accepted?) Plus our faction home seems pretty unlively. Where did all the people go, am I missing a party on a different planet?:p

Also, the new pirates are cool. The yellow-bee-like small pirate was pretty tough for its size. The damage it did was also pretty big.
Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.
BURNING SHIT AND EATING ROOSESSSSSS DDOFOFAOAARRRAHYYYE

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: July 30, 2013, 09:40:54 pm »

Does anyone know of an image service that isn't a total bitch? Because Imgur wants me to pay for a subscription because I have over 225 images I'm trying to store. Okay, that is somewhat reasonable, but I do think I need a better option here.
Glory to Arstotzka!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1033 on: July 30, 2013, 09:56:19 pm »

Does anyone know of an image service that isn't a total bitch? Because Imgur wants me to pay for a subscription because I have over 225 images I'm trying to store. Okay, that is somewhat reasonable, but I do think I need a better option here.
imgur is really one of the best imho, and the subscription is super cheap, like $23/year right?

And you don't HAVE to pay. They never actually delete your images they just won't be shown under your account. Newer images will bump your older ones, but the old image links will still work.

Edit: Small correction: They WILL delete your images but only if it goes 6 months without any views at all.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: July 30, 2013, 10:08:39 pm »

Well, as someone is unemployed and has no internet money to speak of, that is 23 dollars too much. I'm now seeing if I can do something with my Google+ account. It seems promising, since it seems willing to let me upload 430 images in one go, whereas Imgur only let me upload 150 at once.
Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 181