Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325696 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early alpha) (we have a multi server!)
« Reply #1005 on: July 29, 2013, 02:37:28 pm »

A quicker way of doing the "I forgot to link the cannons" thing, or simply the "I had to relocate the salvage computer" thing, is to select your salvage computer with "c", and then selecting your complete arrays with Shift+'V'. This links all blocks of the relevant type that are linked into a single array, at once. This way you don't have to tear up the hull to link the blocks embedded under it, provided your cannons are all in proper arrays.

Also, the blocks don't give an indication of being mined, but if the beam hits them, they are. The game gives you notification when the blocks are not being mined, such as when it's a ship/station/planet that belongs to somebody.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: July 29, 2013, 02:39:42 pm »

Alrighty, I linked 8 Salvage Beams and it gathers relatively quickly now. How do I actually get the blocks I gather with my Salvage Beam?
Also, thanks for the help guys. Normally I'm able to figure stuff like this out on my own, but I'm stumped.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: July 29, 2013, 02:45:37 pm »

Alrighty, I linked 8 Salvage Beams and it gathers relatively quickly now. How do I actually get the blocks I gather with my Salvage Beam?

The blocks automatically go into your inventory. No additional work required!

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: July 29, 2013, 02:57:56 pm »

Really? I never saw anything in my inventory. Unless pieces of asteroids can't be collected?
Also, how do I save a ship?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: July 29, 2013, 03:13:12 pm »

Your quickbar is also part of your inventory. You can't see it when you're in ship flight mode, and if it's empty everything you gather first goes there. You need to either exit the ship, or switch to Build mode to see what you've gathered.

To save a ship, there's a tab labeled Catalog when you open the inventory screen. (There are other tabs as well - check them out!) If you're currently piloting a ship, then selecting the New Entry button will allow you to save that ship into the catalog, so you can purchase it again later in case your current one is lost somehow.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: July 29, 2013, 03:14:31 pm »

I just barely noticed everything I've mined in my hotbar, as a matter of fact!
Thanks for all the help everyone, I think I'm set to wander on my own a little while. I'll probably pop into the server later tonight!
EDIT: It also seems that after afking for 5 minutes a horde or 10-15 hostile red diamonds appeared in the distance. Gonna decide as to whether I need to go Guts and Glory, or Fight Another Day here.
If you guys can offer any advice, this is what my ship is rocking right now:
One 'Sniper' Cannon composed of 15 Antimatter Blaster.
3 'Repeater' Cannons composed of 8 Antimatter Blasters. (That is, between them all)
4 Shield Blocks
Relatively shit hull armor.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 04:09:13 pm by Facekillz058 »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: July 29, 2013, 04:17:29 pm »

A cluster that large probably represents a pirate station. Your weapons should be sufficient to deal with the turrets, but possibly not the faction module, and you're definitely going to need stronger shields.
I'd suggest going to a shop and buying some more shield blocks, maybe a few more AM cannons, and tag them onto your ship. The turrets can be a pain in the ass for light fighters, but 20-30 shield blocks should give you enough time to remove a few of them before you need to back off (my best estimate for their range is 540 meters) and let the shields recharge. Keep an eye on the shields, by the way, and dont let them drop below half before retreating so hopefully you can escape with minimal hull damage.

Also, sometimes they call in raids while you're busy with them. If that happens, you should probably leave and deal with the raiders.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: July 29, 2013, 04:31:29 pm »

Alright, I finally finished uploading all the pictures I took around the server last night, and it seems I took 175 photos! Now, granted, I did take most pictures twice, with and without a GUI, and I did take three pictures to get down the faction list for future reference and a couple of the ship I used to get around in after I lost the one Eric gave me, but that still is a shitton of pictures.

So I compiled them all in a single album, in case anyone wants to check out the cool stuff I found around our server, and I plan to later on make some smaller albums that include the story of what happened while I got them and other such things in captions.

And I'm thinking if I do more exploratory missions like this, I should get a vehicle made for such. Probably something with turrets/shields enough to withstand pirate attacks and some sort of removable planetary lander/rover.

Also, I want to apologize to Sean Mirrsen, as I now see he is the owner of Psionic Flame and I may or may not have accidentally knocked some turrets off the underside of the desert base he made that has a giant cactus with a blossom-like turret atop it.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: July 29, 2013, 05:38:37 pm »

Alright, I finally finished uploading all the pictures I took around the server last night, and it seems I took 175 photos! Now, granted, I did take most pictures twice, with and without a GUI, and I did take three pictures to get down the faction list for future reference and a couple of the ship I used to get around in after I lost the one Eric gave me, but that still is a shitton of pictures.

So I compiled them all in a single album, in case anyone wants to check out the cool stuff I found around our server, and I plan to later on make some smaller albums that include the story of what happened while I got them and other such things in captions.

And I'm thinking if I do more exploratory missions like this, I should get a vehicle made for such. Probably something with turrets/shields enough to withstand pirate attacks and some sort of removable planetary lander/rover.

Also, I want to apologize to Sean Mirrsen, as I now see he is the owner of Psionic Flame and I may or may not have accidentally knocked some turrets off the underside of the desert base he made that has a giant cactus with a blossom-like turret atop it.

HOLY SHIT!
This server is pure awesomeness.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: July 29, 2013, 10:34:34 pm »

Squatchhammer: "oh gods the bees"

I love that.

Also, I found a ship out by a station in -6, -9, -6 called "test." Anybody know whom it belongs to?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: July 29, 2013, 10:52:22 pm »

Assuming nobody's taken it yet, you can go to my base and pick up the Soul Fire. It doesn't have a lander, but does have a space to land one.

Hah, don't worry. Firstly it was likely a local glitch, and second, I'm surprised all the turrets didn't spontaneously pop off when I stopped using the planet as my faction home. :P So it's all good.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 10:56:52 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: July 29, 2013, 11:14:15 pm »

Those pictures turned out excellently.  And you going around taking pictures inspired me as well.  I have already begun converting the disused repair bay with the logo on it into a showroom for my ships for sale in the catalog.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: July 29, 2013, 11:52:40 pm »

I would play on the Bay12 server, but i tried to find planets and it seems youmguys completely harvested them. Of EVERYTHING.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: July 29, 2013, 11:54:42 pm »

Not entirely true. I mean yeah I took a huge-ass bite out of one of them and left some missile craters/tunnels in another, but there are still planets nearby you could play around with.
I make Spellcrafts!

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: July 30, 2013, 12:39:34 am »

Assuming nobody's taken it yet, you can go to my base and pick up the Soul Fire. It doesn't have a lander, but does have a space to land one.

Thanks for the offer, and I'm halfway tempted to take you up on it, but the trip there originally was long and arduous, and I lost the fighter Eric Blank gave me due to a crash, which at least flung me very close by your sector, and I was fortunate enough to have the materials necessary to build another ship on hand. So I don't think I want to make that journey again unless there's something new and/or exciting that's been built or is occurring in that general area.

Also, I've compared my screenshot of the faction list to the photos I've taken, and determined there are four faction homes I haven't visited yet: KD_Industries, The Army of Darkness, Harpy_Mauraders, and Greyskins_Blight. I also want to get some better pictures of Erics Stellar Shipping and some of that "test" ship he apparently found. And maybe anything else of interest that people want me to check out, or randomly generated resources people want locations of.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 181