Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325654 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How do I log into the server, and how the hell do I make stuff?

Watch the official tutorials.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

If you want simply the basics you start with enough parts to make a very simple ship and enough money to buy any additional parts that may be available.(Note:  Chances are the spawn shop is out of anything even remotely of use to a new player.)

There are two ways to start, build your own ship, or purchase a ship off the catalog.

Spoiler: Buying a ship: (click to show/hide)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Beeeeeeeeeess!!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bee ship! ~170 or something mass, but shoddy firepower from the AMC cannons. It can wreck a target with the two missile systems, but it'll need help bringing down the shields first.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bees make everything better.   Or worse... I forget which nowadays.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looks more like its namesake than my Bee-class light fighter, and probably more effective too (which the pirates on the bay12 server still can't hurt, because they are sad pirates).

What are the stats for yours, if you don't mind my asking?

Mine's about 10 times lighter:

Of course if I'm flying a fighter I prefer to fly this one instead (which has 128 mass and looks even less like its namesake :P):
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Mine's a lot heavier, for sure:

149.7 mass, 234.9 thrust, 31x23x22 meters, 29134 shields with 1286 e/sec recharge. Not completely sure of a good equation for DPS, but using (1/[miliseconds]*[#guns]*[#damage]) I get 1014.7 dps, ignoring the turrets. I fully acknowledge that it's AMC cannons, existing solely in the head, are not cut out for breaking shields on their own. If another supporting craft can break the shields it could at least make some holes in the hull with the missiles.

Overall it's a mostly-cosmetic bomber-frigate-something.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think I noticed a bug with the new update, recipes won't level up, instead insisting that they have "~0 out of 0" to level.

Er nevermind, it seems if the % is 0 the game just weirds out and says that there is no level.  Once I got over 1% to 2nd level it became 64 of 6400.  Still seems like a 0 error of some kind for new recipes.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 06:28:49 pm by Greiger »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not completely sure of a good equation for DPS, but using (1/[miliseconds]*[#guns]*[#damage]) I get 1014.7 dps, ignoring the turrets.

For AMCs, guns*damage/(reload/1000) if all your guns are identical, or if not, just sum damage/(reload/1000) for all of them. (Missiles' reload times are in seconds, rather than milliseconds, on the other hand)

Those turrets may be a significant contribution to your firepower - provided they actually target who you're trying to kill, which could be tricky since they can't all aim in the same direction at the same time (because of firing/aiming arcs).

I'd call it a gunship because of the turrets coupled with the low mass. (But I have the line between very heavy fighters and corvettes at 686 mass, which corresponds to 19^3 blocks, and the upper limit on heavy fighters at the mass of 15^3 blocks, medium fighters at the mass of 11^3 blocks, and light fighters at 16 mass (because of turning speed decreases above that).)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 07:51:11 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile

This game is amazing. It's a shame that any time I go near a planet the game drops down to 3 FPS and becomes unplayable.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

That is a fun-killer, I've found. Best I could do about it while I was restricted to a slower machine was reduce the draw distance to 3 and try not to look directly at it.

In bee related news: Queen bee!

I haven't really decided what I'm going to DO with all that space, besides obviously using a large portion of the abdomen as a fighter bay. I'm also debating whether or not to make the head it's own independent turret. It'd obviously be absolutely enormous for a turret, and could probably stand to hold quite a bit of firepower. However, it would then be vulnerable to being blown off. The thorax is currently entirely hollow save for the ship core and surrounding power block and shield components.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 04:20:10 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My experiments with carriers/fighters were not encouraging, mostly because (a) AI fighters get confused by enemies on the other side of sector boundaries and frequently fail to follow enemies, and (b) you have to manually dock every single one, and then get out and turn the AI back on, which is a pain in the ass even if you have the core and bobby easily accessible after they're docked.

Also the docked ship orientation. If they docked nose-first it would be much easier to fit a bunch of long thin ships (which are harder to hit when facing nose to the enemy).

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

I said it would have hangar space, I didn't say I'd try to deploy them! :P
I make Spellcrafts!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Fuck yeah! Anyway, I have a problem; I try opening the Bay12 server address in the OP when I open StarMade, but it doesn't work.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm creating a 1:1 scale of this. Just the skeletal frame so far...

Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile

Hm, I'd like at some point to be able to make ground based vehicles. Even if it's mostly space exploration, if the planets were bigger you could make scout cars to cover ground faster, patrol vehicles to defend land bases.

Ok, I want to be able to make walker mechs, speeder bikes and/or the Mako. Especially if I could drop them from orbit. :P
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 181