Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325461 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile

Yup, same. Server down possibly?
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Yea server is down for an update.  Forsaken says it's taking a long time to backup.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ore tiers can only go down via mineral separator, there's no way to make it go up.

Actually, I recall that a certain "PlexRecycler" block or somesuch can make mineral level go up, which would mean that one could make stupid money by buying L4s and selling as L5s.

Anyways, did we end up agreeing on sectors that would be open-PvP, or did that idea get scrapped? Should have checked the updated first post, nevermind.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 07:12:55 am by Poltifar »
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

It took.. hours. I don't know why.

Still, its up now. :)

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm kind of keen on joining the server, but I'm a little worried about griefing and assorted whatnots. Is it common at all?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

It hasn't happened to me for a while now.
Ultimately it is a small, friendly server. PvP is on agreement only. I know our faction at least is very open to sharing around what we have excess of. Not much griefing at all.

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
  • Infernally rotten to the gore.
    • View Profile

There was no griefing yet. Unless u leave an un-faction blocked ship in middle of space no one will dissect it. Also if u claim a planet and set it as faction home its kinda immortal.
Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.
BURNING SHIT AND EATING ROOSESSSSSS DDOFOFAOAARRRAHYYYE

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-snip-
35k power regen is absolutely abysmal for 40k blocks. Look back in the thread, proper power core construction has been explained a couple of times if I remember correctly.

The rest of it is looking pretty great though.

Haha, yeah. The only redeeming quality is that there's barely anything on it that really grinds down my power. It'll probably get more reactors later on.

This may help: http://star-made.org/content/power-generation-cracking-code
My first post in the thread starting to explain what's going on with power generation: http://star-made.org/comment/18400#comment-18400
Quick summary: The x, y, and z dimensions of each connected set of power generators determines primarily how much power it will generate, and this is exponential, until your total there ((xdim+ydim+zdim)/z)^1.7 or so starts to get up near 1 million. At that point gain starts to slow down. It won't go past 1 million. However you get 25 e/sec per power gen block in addition, so it's still possible to gain more power, just inefficiently.

(I'm Trafalgar on the star-made forums, by the way)

Also, engine thrust is calculated the exact same way as power. So you want long lines of engines or +-shaped engines, not individual engine units and not large blocks of engines, for maximum engine efficiency.

You might want to recheck that maths:
It doesn't give the correct answers.
I have seen a similar equation before, but it did not give the correct values either.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

There was no griefing yet. Unless u leave an un-faction blocked ship in middle of space no one will dissect it. Also if u claim a planet and set it as faction home its kinda immortal.
I've left an unfactioned ship at spawn for half a week now. :P

So yeah, it's pretty safe on the server for now.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, cool. That sounds realy awesome. I'll have to have a nosey at some stage tomorrow, thanks for the info everyone.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile

@Urist: Ooo, parts of your station reminds me of the Von Braun from System Shock 2. I wonder how the map for that would fit inside the model of the ship...

subconsciously inspired by the Von Braun, consciously inspired by the Dead Space medical facilities (especially once I add a large one off-asteroid and add details!)
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I dug out the correct equation from the forum thread you posted:

where R is total power regen,
x, y, z are the box dimensions,
and p is the block count

(am I the only one on the internets that is able to write equations nicely?)

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
  • Infernally rotten to the gore.
    • View Profile

Maybe.

Also ank, your space train got molested by the pirates. Not completely, but its kinda scratched.

Faction block it. And all of your machines, for that matter.
Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.
BURNING SHIT AND EATING ROOSESSSSSS DDOFOFAOAARRRAHYYYE

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pretty sure pirates can still shoot up faction blocked stuff.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The amount of progress made is directly proportional to the amount of time it takes someone to find out there's a "Symmetric building" option to ease the workload.

Black, gold and grey are the only colors someone needs.
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 181