Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325413 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile

The power will be stored inside the asteroid for maximum protection! as will a medbay, docking stations, recrooms, barracks, brigs, etc.

EDITBEFOREIPOST: the apartments will be located in the asteroid or on smaller asteroids around the main place, so nope! well maybe... we'll see!

actual EDIT: I might store the shielding array in the space, unless someone suggests another suitably significant task for it!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 05:56:04 pm by Urist McScoopbeard »
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shielding is a pretty good block for that. I'd also put a backup power block in there. 5x5 or 7x7 proper power array. Maybe an engine block as well. It's nice to have redundancies.

edit:
The Carrier Captain's private yacht is finished. It's built fast and sleek with some storage. It will have a home deep in the carrier, ready at a moments notice.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 07:23:49 pm by BigD145 »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Since everyone else has been thinking of bigger ships I did as well.  Figured I would make a battleship class.  I increased the size of the reactor room, my Broadswords have 2 5x5x5 reactor blocks, this has 8, (and yes I know how to properly build a reactor block) and built from there.

It's much bigger than my Broadsword Battlecruiser, unfortunately I still don't think it's going to make battleship size.  I increased the size of everything by a wide margin, and I'm not even going to gain a class.  I feel sorry for those guys trying to make Titans and bigger....It's gonna be harder than it sounds...
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 07:33:52 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Most of the time spent seems to be figuring out internal passages. The outsides are easy, usually. I'm thinking of slapping massive battleship deck guns on my carrier just to break up the 400 block length of smooth white. I don't have the patience to add a full on colony ship behind it. That's going on planetary size or bigger. Most of it would be a terrain skin and energy/engine fill. Huge but dull.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile

Guns only shoot forward right now right?
So I can't put a bunch of salvage beams and have them shoot down.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile

I believe the advanced building mode can help with that.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile

I believe the advanced building mode can help with that.
oh i'll have to mess with it later then

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Honestly I prefer smaller utilitarian ships to large ones.

I do wish our server had more variety in the Pirates with some with more power (but... none with the obscenely powerful ship)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile

I finished the upper parts of the tower, the main shield generator is housed there and above that a bank of power generator and storage devices.

With the tower mostly finish, I must now decide how best to dig into and utilize the asteroid:

the rock is probably 40x40x95 after all the work done on it to make it look like an asteroid, the question is what do we do with it? My idea was to seperate it into levels:

level 0: surface
level 1: main docking areas
level 2: medical bay
level 3: security, brig
level 4: engineering

* levels 3 and 4 might occupy different areas of the same block and might not necessarily be above/below one another.
** maintenance areas/docks will be present on all the levels
***residential areas would be inside the asteroid on all levels but are located in the outermost tunnels.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile

It reminds me of the mothership from homeworld 2.
Edit: Pride of Hiigara is the name
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 08:34:36 pm by Alkhemia »

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile

It reminds me of the mothership from homeworld 2.
Edit: Pride of Hiigara is the name
It does vaguely resemble it.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile

I actually had planned to make a "vertical" warship kind of like that, I had gotten some inspiration from EVE online. The coincidences in this project, however, are purely coincidental: I had planned for a medieval castle on an asteroid, but lost inspiration, it had been kind of W40K themed, then I thought of something I had seen in SoaSE and added some imagination to it, the result was this.

EDIT: I also drew some inspiration from Halo, but it's minimal in comparison

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile

The first in a possible series (If people would like me to recreate more) of personal fighters have been produced my myself and are now available to be purchased from the in-game catalogue.

TIE-Fighter: Two lasers x1 block, no shields, fast acceleration. Entry from the top.
Cost: 245450 credits.

TIE-Interceptor: 4 lasers x2 block each, no shields, fastest acceleration. Entry from the top.
Cost: 277700 credits.

TIE-Bomber: 2 Lasers x1 block, no shields, dumb and lock-on missiles, slowest acceleration.
Cost: 560150 credits.

TIE-Advanced X1: 2 Lasers x2 each, shields 2023 10/sec, lock-on missiles, fast acceleration.
Cost: 453300 credits.

Please mention any oddities about the bought models, as I might've made adjustments to them after I uploaded the model to the server. Most recent models are on display around the Magma Fleet Command Homeworld at -5,-7,-3.

Aside: The shuttle in the background (under the TIE-Bomber) is also available for purchase at 1553255 credits. 8 forward lasers, 2 rear, shields, slow acceleration, room for 5 in cockpits as well as cargo space. A stunty wing version is also available. I apologise in advance for the misspelling of Lambda as Lamba on the ship core.  :P
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Since everyone else has been thinking of bigger ships I did as well.  Figured I would make a battleship class.  I increased the size of the reactor room, my Broadswords have 2 5x5x5 reactor blocks, this has 8, (and yes I know how to properly build a reactor block) and built from there.

It's much bigger than my Broadsword Battlecruiser, unfortunately I still don't think it's going to make battleship size.  I increased the size of everything by a wide margin, and I'm not even going to gain a class.  I feel sorry for those guys trying to make Titans and bigger....It's gonna be harder than it sounds...

Great Maker forgive me for asking this, but if you're trying to make a battleship, why would you use 5x5x5 reactor blocks? Even assuming you're using the highly efficient for 5x5x5 9000ish e/sec design (I'm not looking up the exact numbers because it's such a piddling small number for a battleship that no amount of them can account to anything next to the power of the Forc- I mean the power of large-scale power-generator design). And I assume by 'battleship' that you mean 'that class below dreadnought and superdreadnought', so you don't have to deal with the max-dimensions-based power curve which essentially levels out and does not go above 1 million e/sec, leaving only the 25 e/sec per block to carry you forward beyond that point (in practice you will notice you hit this point at a level above 1 million e/sec, which is because when you hit it, you'll be at 1,000,000 + 25*powerGenBlocks e/sec, not 1 million).
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 181