Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325411 times)

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i just wanna say, i play this game to hear the cries of my enemies and the lamentations of their shield dispersers :P

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

After many setbacks, I have finally finished the first draft of the Mjolnir heavy cruiser hull !

We'll have to get together side by side.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile

i just wanna say, i play this game to hear the cries of my enemies and the lamentations of their shield dispersers :P
Sigging. Because I feel like it. :3

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

like one time, my friend and i were playing on a server and he was building a ship and some guy came up and took a potshot at him and i charged
i chased him from sector to sector until i convinced him to stop and negotiate
while we did that, i gave my friend the co-ords and we ganked him

hahahaa
ha

haaa

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
  • Infernally rotten to the gore.
    • View Profile

Gah, I forget which way the arrow points. The hammerhead's the front, eh? In that case, it definitely needs more rear end, so to speak.

Also, reminds me of the Starcraft Battlecruiser.

Naaah, it not a SC battlecruiser. This is:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Its my design, and i made it, in meaning that in StarMade, but well, the battlecruiser operational is from Starcraft franchise.

I finished it like 3 days ago but the link to pics that Greiger sent me was broken soo... Well whatever, enjoy the picstory.

Now this is Behemoth_Class_Battlecruiser. Time to make Gorgon_Class_Battlecruiser! (Which by this game standards is a titan/calibri)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 10:32:43 am by DarkWolfXV »
Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.
BURNING SHIT AND EATING ROOSESSSSSS DDOFOFAOAARRRAHYYYE

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm I might add side weapons to balance the design, then...

I'm not 100% happy with how I made the "hammerhead", but I guess it'll be enough for now, or I would have to do a lot more geometry and drawing, and i'm already doing too much of that.

My next project might be to make a 1:1 replica of the Asgard Bilskirnir from StarGate SG1. It's 1400m long by 640m wide (my current design is "only" 450m long by 376 wide).

That, or I might try to build more of the ships that I draw in high school -the "mjolnir heavy cruiser" is one of those. Well now that I think about it, since I had played Starcraft 1, the terran battlecruiser might have inspired me...

(Which by this game standards is a titan/calibri)

Where do you get those standards from ? I couldn't find a reference of "Calibri" class.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 11:14:44 am by Sirian »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Where do you get those standards from ? I couldn't find a reference of "Calibri" class.

There are no official standards, just 3 player made ones.

This links to the 3 I know of.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 11:32:53 am by BigD145 »

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There are a few unofficial size guides on their forums.

Size guides

Nameless (mass based)
Blitzwing's (mass based)
Flexible (mass and turret count based)
Calbirian (file size based)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile

Honestly, in terms of size those classifications make no sense, in fact, it pisses me off (not at anyone!) when people are all like, "OMG, your totally flying a destroyer!!!" and i'm bumming around in my heavy bomber.

But I don't know really, I guess its your own opinion that determines class of ship.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile

Hmm I might add side weapons to balance the design, then...

I'm not 100% happy with how I made the "hammerhead", but I guess it'll be enough for now, or I would have to do a lot more geometry and drawing, and i'm already doing too much of that.

My next project might be to make a 1:1 replica of the Asgard Bilskirnir from StarGate SG1. It's 1400m long by 640m wide (my current design is "only" 450m long by 376 wide).

That, or I might try to build more of the ships that I draw in high school -the "mjolnir heavy cruiser" is one of those. Well now that I think about it, since I had played Starcraft 1, the terran battlecruiser might have inspired me...

While I am in no way trying to put you off on making such a vastly, glorious creation. From what I've read there can be some issues with draw distance if ships get too big. I don't know how the game will handle loading a ship that can nearly span a sector, as apparently they can clip into objects since they don't load fast enough.

With those warnings out of the way, get to it!
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile

construction on the space castle has come a long way:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

after several design iterations a futuristic look was ultimately chosen.

after I complete the main tower, Im going to tunnel into the rock and create a large base. Im also considering making some satellite asteroids to house facilities and turrets, all part of the same ship.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I decided to alter the design a bit, i'll show you the result once i'm done, but it should solve the "oversized head" effect and give me twice the room for utilities such as power, propulsion and shields. Also, so far i'm pleasantly surprised by how maneuverable it is for it's size. After some fiddling, I found out that the 1 million power/sec is a soft limit but you can't circumvent it with more separate power plants. So power tanks are the way to go if you have the room, they scale very well with larger sizes.

As far as classification goes, mine depends on weaponry and armor too, but overall I go by size (well, length) and add "light" or "heavy" if it's significantly below or above :

Fighter : 6m
Corvette : 12m
Frigate : 25m
Destroyer : 50m
Cruiser : 250m
Battleship : 500m
Battlecruiser : 1km
Warship/Carrier : 2km
Supercruiser : 7km
Dreadnough : 20km

(These were the names I used on my high school drawings anyway...)

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile

How does missile damage translate into shield damage? I know that if missiles don't overcome shields you do no damage; but is 800 missile damage enough to overcome 8,000 shield or what?

Also, removing a missile block and putting it back in build mode instantly reloads said launcher.

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
  • Infernally rotten to the gore.
    • View Profile

How does missile damage translate into shield damage? I know that if missiles don't overcome shields you do no damage; but is 800 missile damage enough to overcome 8,000 shield or what?

Also, removing a missile block and putting it back in build mode instantly reloads said launcher.

Missle machine guns anyone?

I decided to alter the design a bit, i'll show you the result once i'm done, but it should solve the "oversized head" effect and give me twice the room for utilities such as power, propulsion and shields. Also, so far i'm pleasantly surprised by how maneuverable it is for it's size. After some fiddling, I found out that the 1 million power/sec is a soft limit but you can't circumvent it with more separate power plants. So power tanks are the way to go if you have the room, they scale very well with larger sizes.

As far as classification goes, mine depends on weaponry and armor too, but overall I go by size (well, length) and add "light" or "heavy" if it's significantly below or above :

Fighter : 6m
Corvette : 12m
Frigate : 25m
Destroyer : 50m
Cruiser : 250m
Battleship : 500m
Battlecruiser : 1km
Warship/Carrier : 2km
Supercruiser : 7km
Dreadnough : 20km

(These were the names I used on my high school drawings anyway...)

In this game 20km is kind of... you know, five times a planet.

I used Blitzwing's classification, since I find it the best.

Sirian, why are you making ships bigger than me? I just started the creation of my BIGAAAASSSS ship and you want to make a BIGGGEERASSS one?

Unacceptable! Must make my ship bigger than yours.
Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.
BURNING SHIT AND EATING ROOSESSSSSS DDOFOFAOAARRRAHYYYE

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Making a ship with dimensions larger than 200m tends to cause problems. Especially if you pass 300. Double especially if someone else's ship gets near to ramming you. Triple especially if they're also flying a large ship.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 181