Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325381 times)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile

Do they shoot on their own?
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

That is an excellent question! Why yes they do! Just place them where you need some extra firepower, set the faction modules and turn on the turret AIs and you have an instant area of helpful* suppressing fire!

*Suppressing fire may be less helpful if friendly ships are between the sentry gun and the target.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile

That is an excellent question! Why yes they do! Just place them where you need some extra firepower, set the faction modules and turn on the turret AIs and you have an instant area of helpful* suppressing fire!

*Suppressing fire may be less helpful if friendly ships are between the sentry gun and the target.
That will be good for my house ship since I don't want to mess up the look with guns.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Please note that they are recommended for stationary use only, and they may prove unsatisfactory for mobile needs.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Wow, that looks really impressive. Maybe if I was better at understanding this whole thing I could appreciate it for complexity as well as utility :P
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile

Is there some easier way to place large blocks of material other than by hand?

I looked at the help tab on the starmade sight, but there doesn't seem to be any commands that are equivalent to a "fill" feature.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can make x-y-z blocks with advanced build (ctrl), but it's limited to 10, and I don't like how it handles.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile

well, better than nothing I guess. Thanks man!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile

Can AI (Pirates and Drones) use cloak? I made a permacloak/permajam torpedo boat and it sounds really trollsome to deploy them en-masse.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sadly no, AI really doesn't know how to use much more than AM cannons.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 08:01:10 pm by Greiger »

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile

I've taken to playing on other servers whenever this one goes down.

sm.thepixelservers.com:4242 is pretty good; not too crowded pretty quiet all around. Currently building a faction home on a grass planet in the middle of nowhere.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I built a berth for my cruiser.   Unfortunately I forgot to account for the added width from my cruiser's turrets...

...So that's why Greiger Manufacturing now has a functional new Arena!

The Shipyard!

A small fighter arena where two combatants duke it out in a destroyer repair bay with a ship in the middle.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Starmade log in server is down. Out of Forsakens hands, nothing that can be done but wait.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

So I just discovered this thing. Puttering around in singleplayer.

In true dwarven fashion, first project is to see how well I can make a ship dig.

Pretty neat-looking game. ^_^
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's an ingame screenshot function, might be better.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 181