Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325359 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

You'll have to buy at least one block from a shop anyway. If you use /give_all_items (name) (amount) it'll try to give you all items in ID order or something. It won't replace items currently in your inventory, tough. So if you just use it with an empty inventory, you'll get a bunch of rock and colored hull, but if you use it with, say, ship cores, shields, cloakers and weapon computers in your inventory, you'll get as much of those rocks and hulls as your inventory still permits, plus (amount) of what you already had in your inventory.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

so is there a better way to make money because farming 4000 catus will be the worst.
Well, since admin commands aren't restricted in any way...

/give_credits (name) (amount)

What. What are you even. Why wouldn't they be restricted? Clearly something is set up wrong if they aren't. When I try /giveid on the server I play on:
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Huh.
A few pages back forsaken mentioned that admin commands weren't restricted, and now they are?

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

If there was a way to restrict the admin commands I would. Since I can't I suppose you may as well use them. Its just an alpha anyway, have fun.
Well now I feel like a bit of a dope for flying around looking for grey wedges.
Also, who ever is building that thing on our planet... That is awesome. Points to you.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

so is there a better way to make money because farming 4000 catus will be the worst.
Well, since admin commands aren't restricted in any way...

/give_credits (name) (amount)

What. What are you even. Why wouldn't they be restricted? Clearly something is set up wrong if they aren't. When I try /giveid on the server I play on:

Oh good, what I did worked. I didn't think it had worked since people were still saying they're unrestricted. :3

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Huh.
A few pages back forsaken mentioned that admin commands weren't restricted, and now they are?

I didn't say I play on the bay12 server.

Edit: I just tried /give_credits and /giveid on the bay12 server, and got that same permission error, so I'd say you probably have it working. (Unless there are some other specific commands that aren't admin-only and should be for some reason, but I don't know anything about the other commands)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 08:06:42 am by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

So a few more shots of -5, -7, -3, Magma Fleet Command homeworld.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I finally decided I should make and finish a ship.  I also was trying to figure out a way to use AI ships that are docked and some way that not having them redock would be acceptable.

I haven't tested AI ships with the explosive blocks.

I think this same idea could be used to make smart torpedoes as well.  My mines wouldn't even need to be changed much.  I also thought of doing Starwars like mines and arm them with weapons instead of making them suicide.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nice Homeworld. Now we just need visitor docks so different factions can parlay.

Details coming together on the carrier. Might raise some of them above the skin. Lowering could prove problematic. Raise a rim and sink the core flush with the skin could work... The purple is where the observation tower will go.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We really need more AI settings for things like homing mines.

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
  • Infernally rotten to the gore.
    • View Profile

Guys, I have made a revised version of Isanth-VI. I call it Isanth-VII. Check it out in the catalog. Its more firepower based than shield based, but i managed to fix that horrible power system and put a lot more shields&guns. Now it might actually be a dangerous opponent, considering they come in swarms.

EDIT: I see we cant mess with admin settings now. Forsaken, could you delete banshee and add Isanth-VII to the enemy pool? (Probably deleting Isanth-VI?) Banshee does nothing because AI doesn't use rockets so its kinda useless, and Isanth-VII is far more threatening that the original.

EDIT2: It seems I cant buy ships not only outside shops, but also near shops. Its like, I buy a ship, and I dont get it, and computer is like LOL TY FOR THE MONEY NUB BUT U DONT GET A SHIP xD.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 01:20:08 pm by DarkWolfXV »
Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.
BURNING SHIT AND EATING ROOSESSSSSS DDOFOFAOAARRRAHYYYE

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Guys, I have made a revised version of Isanth-VI. I call it Isanth-VII. Check it out in the catalog. Its more firepower based than shield based, but i managed to fix that horrible power system and put a lot more shields&guns. Now it might actually be a dangerous opponent, considering they come in swarms.

EDIT: I see we cant mess with admin settings now. Forsaken, could you delete banshee and add Isanth-VII to the enemy pool? (Probably deleting Isanth-VI?) Banshee does nothing because AI doesn't use rockets so its kinda useless, and Isanth-VII is far more threatening that the original.

EDIT2: It seems I cant buy ships not only outside shops, but also near shops. Its like, I buy a ship, and I dont get it, and computer is like LOL TY FOR THE MONEY NUB BUT U DONT GET A SHIP xD.

I added the fix to the original post, and add the link to this reply. What happens is the file is named wrong when you save the blueprint, so it takes your money and you don't get a ship. But here is the link to fix it.

http://star-made.org/content/fixcatalog-issue-baught-ship-blueprint-wont-spawnfix
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The two ships that was happening with for me both had extra .s in the filenames. I removed them (leaving the rest of the gibberish names) and afterwards they loaded properly. (The thread's theory seemed dubious, as none of the other ships were named anything like what the 'fix' suggested renaming them to, so I looked for a potential actual cause)

(Extra .s make sense, but who knows if the save-name parser would be confused by anything else abnormal.)

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile

Ah, Starmade. You've been both awesome and horrible lately for me. First off, why does it eat stuff that you run into while your inventory is full instead of, you know, just leaving it there? I lost about half of my pirate lewt that way and resorted to admin commands in frustration afterwards. (on singleplayer, mind. x3)

Second, building ships without a plan is kind of silly. In fact, the building system in general is pretty awkward, especially when it comes to rotating things (corner hulls, I'm looking at you). And of course, rotating weapons and the SD Cockpit doesn't actually seem to do anything, which is equally annoying. No broadsides, no looking around. Turrets sort of alleviate this, but they work in very mysterious ways.

That said, I'm totally gonna build cool ships with this. Just as soon as it stops annoying me. :I

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Do you need to defend a location from pirates, but don't have the power facilities or the space on your station for a battery of Greiger Manufacturing BrandTM AM turrets?

Tried AI drones but you are tired of them flying off into the sunset after just a single sortie?

*After 10,000 years I'm free!  It's time to explore the universe!*

Well the engineers at Greiger Manufacturing TM have just the new design for you!

Meet the Wardog Sentry gun system! A simple low cost hull design with 2 light antimatter turrets attached!  Completely independent of your station's power system, that takes up no hull space!  And unlike the drone, the base has no AI to cause it to fly off into the sunset!

Available in the ship catalog under the available tab, for the low, low price of 108900 credits!  Buy yours today!  (Comes in 3 colors, Black, Obsidian, and Dark Void)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 03:35:58 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 181