Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325298 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

If you have a faction module on your ship and activate it only people from your faction can dismantle it.

Destroying is another story though.  Only sure way to keep something from being destroyed is to have a faction home, and have whatever you want protected docked to the faction home.  The faction home itself and anything docked are immune to damage.

P.S. And we appear to have broken the server again.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile

Server's down again; I *think* it was my fault.

I closed in on a ship that was embedded in a planet and the server stopped loading the chunks.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There seems to be a server restarter over in the official forums.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yep, server broke right after "Cool, I found a ship embedded in a planet," or something along those lines from Blaze.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Good job breaking it blaze :P
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That might be a good thing for our host to get so he (or she) doesn't have to constantly put it back up herself (or himself)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Seriously guys, ships and planets don't mix very well. Try to avoid leaving your ships in the planets surface when you are logged out, or going to a distant location. Orbit makes for a great parking lot.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seriously guys, ships and planets don't mix very well. Try to avoid leaving your ships in the planets surface when you are logged out, or going to a distant location. Orbit makes for a great parking lot.

Ohh is that what it is? I'll remember that.

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube

Is it coming up any time? *sniffle* *twitch*

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Ohh is that what it is? I'll remember that.

It is fine if you actually dock your ship, as then it pretty much is treated like part of the planet collision wise. Just leaving it on the ground, however, causes problems.
There used to be a landing module that would allow you to dock onto things that didn't have a docking module, such as planets or anywhere you liked on another ship, but apparently it was just as glitch and unstable.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's only a problem if you got bad lag:
The ships load first and start falling, then the planet loads, trapping the ships.

Are the developers aware of this problem? I don't think it would be that hard to fix.

Let's hope they move collisions server side later, then we won't have this problem.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

link?

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, just downloaded, what do I do ? I did the tutorial, but it doesn't say how do I get credits ? What are basic ships designs ?
To get credits, sell blocks at your nearest Trading guild Station. Basic ship designs are pretty much nonexistent.
Hm, ok, but how do I get blocks ? I have the basic blocks, but I just did a small ship (core, power source, thruster). I took some blocks from an asteroid, but they're worthless.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Find ores/cacti. Sell them.
Or process them, but nobody seems to know how they work.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

So our planet was attacked by pirates! Somebody should have told them that faction homes are immune to damage.  :P
Most of them ended up getting stuck in a cavern, putting them out of the way of the constant stream of turret fire, but their crappy pirate AI pretty much left them between a rock and a rocket launcher. Was pretty good seeing the turrets spinning around to shoot at the ships though.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 181