Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325257 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd probably make an arena for that with shields

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arena? Just make a homebase for invulnerability. Add doors. How about my carrier? It's two long bays with a single joining via door. You could do two rounds at once or one round with more space. The inside bay is roughly 70x60x400 with some rounded corners. Hang on a bit and I'll get a couple internal screenshots.

Circles. Don't forget proper circles on things. Reminder:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

edit:
The interior of the blue bay so far. Very plain. My draw distance doesn't go far enough. The green box is roughly the other end.

The outside might also be fun to fight around. The "canyon" down the middle is I think 7 blocks wide at most. The 2 grey circles are plexdoors that go into the skin and then into the main bay. Using the underskin for small ship docking and repairs.

The old versions are saved, so various skeletons could be used to fight in and around. Perhaps someone could make one of them into a burnt out hulk.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 10:54:19 pm by BigD145 »

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

I was thinking we could find some empty ice planet. The cavern system would be great for maneuvering about in.
Actually we could go all Pokemon league and have each round in a different terrain. Various planets and asteroid fields and derelict ships. Final match would have to be next to a star though.  :)

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I like the idea of 1v1 tournaments(and why not 2v2?)

We should have each round use progressively larger ships.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Is the server down? I can't seem to connect, and get stuck at the "logging in as X" bit...

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
  • Infernally rotten to the gore.
    • View Profile

Me too. Damn, and i couldn't log yesterday because of internet problems, now i cant log because of server problems. ARGH.
Well the good news are that speed limit is increased to 150 or something.
And i cant finish my Hyperion due to lack of ROCKETS
sweet explosive rockets.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 06:33:49 am by DarkWolfXV »
Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.
BURNING SHIT AND EATING ROOSESSSSSS DDOFOFAOAARRRAHYYYE

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Its back.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Thanks a lot for the server, Forsaken. I know a lot of people wouldn't have given this game the same attention without it.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

I love the idea of an arena.  We could have arenas at all kinds of different places, especially once the server gets older and there are more landmarks, and with relatively small ships they don't have to be omgwtfbbq huge, probably only about 50x50x50 or so.  I think my new criuser is bigger than that.

Just imagine:
Monday! Monday Monday! Watch expert fighter pilot THE EVICERATOR! fight up and coming rookie DR ANTIMATTER at the SPAAAAAACE TRAIIIIIN ARENA!  Tickets are only 100 million credits!  And wendsday don't forget to watch the qualifying Free for all between 8 expert fighter pilots at the Greiger Manufacturing Tropical Paradise Arena!  Don't get sunburnt!  (Warning: Greiger Manufacturing Tropical Paradise arena is dangerously close to the overheating zone of a star, please carefully navagate, and remember to drink responsibly.  Greiger Manufacturing is not liable for sun damage to any Ships, shuttles, Scooters, or persons.)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Doublepost, just got back to my base and noticed the screenshot key, and also noticed a distinct lack of people showing off their work.  Except for the Blue of course :P

So here's Greiger Manufacturing HQ.  With my new (and first) Cruiser the GMS Forseti parked underneath.  Soon she will be brimming with the same turrets the station is sporting around the captured shop.

Spoiler: Image (click to show/hide)

Anyone else have stuff to show off?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Thanks a lot for the server, Forsaken. I know a lot of people wouldn't have given this game the same attention without it.
No worries. I may not have the kind of time I would like to play these games myself but the least I can do is let you guys use the spare cycles in my hardware to play with the community.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile

I don't have the slightest idea how power works in this, I removed a bunch of guns since some of them weren't firing and now fewer of them fire than before.  Or is that a control linkage problem?  Either way I'm blaming it on the interface.

if you have a bunch of adjacent guns, it will count as one gun with inferred bonuses! I.E. if you want all of your anti-matter cannons to fire place them so they don't touch each other!
Having them be next to eachother diagonally works fine though, so a checkerboard pattern would be a good idea.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile

speaking of arenas and stuff, in addition to all this fighting we should have racing.

bonus points if there are multiple routes which include going sideways to get through!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
  • Infernally rotten to the gore.
    • View Profile

Doublepost, just got back to my base and noticed the screenshot key, and also noticed a distinct lack of people showing off their work.  Except for the Blue of course :P

So here's Greiger Manufacturing HQ.  With my new (and first) Cruiser the GMS Forseti parked underneath.  Soon she will be brimming with the same turrets the station is sporting around the captured shop.

Spoiler: Image (click to show/hide)

Anyone else have stuff to show off?

So this is your cruiser? I thought its going to be bigger from the stats u posted. Anyway i've got no pics yet since my battlecruiser is not done yet, but i've made wings, two turrets and a bit of front today. Also bought a copy of my ship and im going to salvage it and use its hull as target practice. It was fun PVPing with Sirian, although he died in a single hit. Quick but fun, i guess.
Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.
BURNING SHIT AND EATING ROOSESSSSSS DDOFOFAOAARRRAHYYYE

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Behold!
The space elevator

It goes to SPACE!

The view from up top:

Cruiser next to the elevator