Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325252 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

You place a docking module on the host ship and then use the docking ship's core beam (the default under 0) and shoot the docking point with it.  To release just fire the core beam again.

Docking points are limited by size but docking extenders can be linked to the docking module to extend the size.  Also make sure you orient the docking module the direction you want it with the advanced builder.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile

I believe also you have to place the docking extenders along the axis you wish the expand. So if you have a long ship that's not very high you need to place them along the x and y axis, but if your ship is taller then the default block you'll need to place some on the z axis as well.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

We could use am upgrade to max speed. 50 is painful right now!
Also, if you are deleting your ship core, don't do it in build mode. Get out of your ship and delete it by hand.
Doing it in construction mode causes a glitch where the server continues to keep track of the ship, even though it is meant to be deleted. I'm not fully sure of the implications, but the server has been a lot smoother for me since the restart, so I'm guessing it can't be good.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can place docking extenders anywhere in your ship, but it is best to build in an x y z axis together. Hit c on the docking module and go crazy. experiment. Put your module at one end and its extenders at the other end.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Let's increase the speed to 200!

Turns out player inventories are not client side, so we have to start fresh

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

100 seems pretty stable.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

If the speed is increased too much the game gets collision errors.  Once in SP I set max speed to some absurdly high speed and ended up hitting a planet that's terrain didn't load fast enough.  Suddenly I'm embedded in a planet.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

solution? set the speed even higher, you can't colide with something that has not loaded :P

in reality, 100, possibly 150 should be good
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 06:59:10 pm by bluejello »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

I'll increase the speed tonight when there are less people on.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

EDIT: Never mind, it was solved.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile

So I finally got everything I needed to make the ship I wanted. One corvette class ship that is only equipped with heat seekers and a salvage cannon. Absolute minimum armor; relies entirely on shields. Here goes nothing.

Edit: Okay... it seems one volley of missiles obliterates everything, even the ship's core. Going to try making each missile rack fire separately.

Edit2: No good, even after splitting 4 missiles into 8 missiles; one missile is enough to blow a hole through a planet.

Back to the drawing board. v ::) v

Hey Max you need any help with your ship problem?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 08:33:03 pm by Blaze »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

I don't have the slightest idea how power works in this, I removed a bunch of guns since some of them weren't firing and now fewer of them fire than before.  Or is that a control linkage problem?  Either way I'm blaming it on the interface.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile

You need generator blocks to generate power and battery blocks to hold said power. You can check your power level next to your Core Integrity. If they're not firing and you have adequate power, it's probably a control issue.

When you're preparing to set blocks that need computers, make sure to either place the computer you want to attach them to first or target the computer and press "c" before adding weapon blocks.

To attach components that have already been placed, target the computer and press "c" then press "v" on the components you want to attach them to.

Computers will have a flashing orange outline when you press "c", components they're attached to will flash purple.

Oh right, and make sure you link your computers to your ship's core as well.

Sometimes the game doesn't register the changes immediately, if that happens you probably need to refresh your client.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 08:45:34 pm by Blaze »

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile

I don't have the slightest idea how power works in this, I removed a bunch of guns since some of them weren't firing and now fewer of them fire than before.  Or is that a control linkage problem?  Either way I'm blaming it on the interface.

if you have a bunch of adjacent guns, it will count as one gun with inferred bonuses! I.E. if you want all of your anti-matter cannons to fire place them so they don't touch each other!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Did you remember to configure your weapons with the t button?

Also, anybody interested in a 1v1 tournament? Basically you are both given identical ships, to keep things interesting small ships with lasers and no shielding, and then duke it out through the rounds tournament style.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 181