Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325238 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Prognosis: Sarcastic comment.
Diagnosis: Blunt force trauma.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I get stuck in the "logging in" part of login, which tells me it is the main account server that is down, and not Forsakens.

EDIT: I made a factory in the 0,0,0 station, just throw ya minerals into the particle press on the left.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 05:10:49 am by ank »

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Well when the server is back I'll certainly go and check it out, see how it all works... What does it do anyway? What does it make?

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It makes EVERYTHING... well at least up to schema20k.

But if you think you can make it better in some way(after seeing it ofc) i would be glad to hear.

It does need some sand though, for bottles....

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So fun fact guys, apparently faction homes are protected from harvesters. I learnt this testing out my mining core drill... Still, good to know you can actually make a planet harvest proof. It is still venerable to straight out griefing with weapons, but can't be scrapped.

Factions homes are immune to weapon fire too, so can't be griefed like that either.

As for factories, I recommend that someone bug the server admin to mod the recipes a bit (you can now do that from the launcher, "Modding" menu on the top after you press "Start Game").

The reason for that is that many recipes are plain ridiculous. For example, painting stuff requires 1 plant and 1 bottle to pain 5 blocks. Sounds fine, until you notice that bottles use 50 sand and are used up in painting. So for large amounts of blocks, say 1000, you'd need 10000 sand to paint them. I myself made the bottles reusable on my LAN multiplayer server, and same thing with the 'Science Bottles' used in other recipes. I also adjusted recipes that need silly amount of resources for something that should be common, like hardened hulls needing 10 grass and 2 power block per hull block becoming 3 grass and 1 power block, etc...
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

I think the economy is something that is going to require a lot or work.
I also really want non-spaceship mode to be improved a little. Actually exploring planets would be awesome, rather than just flying in range to see what sort of terrain it has.

Also, when I realized sand only covers a single layer of a planet and there would be no easy means of mass mining... Heart broken.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Isn't a single layer on a planet quite a lot actually?

How big are planets actually? 1000 block radius?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Well yea, a single layer is a lot, but it is harder to mine than having more layers. Being able to just rip a hole through a planet and getting sand in great quantities would be preferable, considering much much is required for a single bottle. Having it spread over a large area makes harvesting harder.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, there seems to be a consensus that 50 sand for bottle is just silly.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

So.. uh.. yes the server crashed. When I try to start it up again I get:

"SQL Exception: Database lock acquisition failure"

Looking at it now

Edit: Fixed it...
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 08:35:56 am by forsaken1111 »

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

good news is that the auth server is back up.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm glad I'm building the bulk of my carrier in sandbox. First off I'd be cluttering up the ship file list. Then there's the crashes. I would probably give up if I lost too much progress.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile

Ooh, I know something I'd like added to the game. The ability to send out automated scouts to map out sectors, of course Starmade would need a working map system first but being able to fire off a built probe at a distant planet or asteroid field and getting back percentage readings of their mineral levels and any unique structures would be neat.

Also, maybe automated miners done in a similar way. Downside could be they can't hold as much as you can, or they have a finite powersource.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, the server crashing explains why my carrier ship was on the planet where it was landed an hour before I took off. I parked it just outside the planet atmosphere, and its position was reset (the blocks weren't however that I built).

But went into the server and was like wtf happened to my mining ship. I claimed it, and nothing was damaged on anything so no one came by and shot it. Plus no one would have been able to move my carrier to the planet anyway in its original position. But I logged on and my mining ship was completely gone :P Wasn't even a hint of it remaining. It took like an hour or two to build the mining ship, but was nowhere to be found.

Luckily I saved both ships as a catalog item and local :)

alpha is alpha ;P

(edit: Actually, a similar thing happened a couple days ago. I thought someone came by and scavenged ship parts, but the ship was missing a section (my very early ship) and its position was completely reset. But it was about when the server got really laggy and crashed like last night.)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 10:39:33 am by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Ooh, I know something I'd like added to the game. The ability to send out automated scouts to map out sectors, of course Starmade would need a working map system first but being able to fire off a built probe at a distant planet or asteroid field and getting back percentage readings of their mineral levels and any unique structures would be neat.

Also, maybe automated miners done in a similar way. Downside could be they can't hold as much as you can, or they have a finite powersource.
Just generally better AI. Especially an option to follow and fire at yourself (equip AI with astrotechbeams, repair droid get)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 181