Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325228 times)

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile

jesus, what is the station used for? sound's bigger than a solar system!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5zJoRQ4e60
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

I already know how factories work.  Presses convert raw materiels into parts, parts get converted into ship parts and other factory blocks and whatnot with the various schemedawhatsits.  Only the starter schemedawatsits can be bought, all others must be made.

To actually use a factory you link together factory blocks with C and V.  For example, if you have a Schemedawhatsis a press and an input you can hit c on the schemedawatsis, then v on the press, then c on the press and v on the input.  That makes a factory line.  If you leave an empty space between the blocks when you place them you will see glowing pipes between them now, the direction of the glow indicates which way the processing is going.

Then you stick stuff in the input (or the press, inputs are only actually required if you wanna have one place to put items that feeds multiple factories).  After a few seconds the result should show up in the press and schemedawhatsis and any leftover bits should stay in the press.

Here's a recipe for ya, take 5 Negagate Lv1, 5 Insanium Lv1, and one bobby AI module, and throw them all into the input.  The items should slowly work their way down the chain, and you should get a new factory block that cannot be bought.  This new factory block can be used to make some ship parts.

Also higher levels of the ore do not work in the recipes without processing, they need to be put through a materiel separator first. Each level of ore will give 10 of the lower level ore after processing.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

If you mean the schemadyne advanced or whatever, you can actually buy that. The store near me had like 38 of em.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yea the advanced is the starter one,  I wasn't in game and didn't remember the name

There's also the 1000, the 2000, the 3000, 10000, 20000, and 30000
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Question: Could I, in theory, make a planetary mining drill using a turret with harvesters attached?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Question: Could I, in theory, make a planetary mining drill using a turret with harvesters attached?
In theory, yes. Do turrets with AI actually use salvage cannon?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Well I'm assuming they would shoot, but only at enemy ships and it wouldn't do anything. So no automated mining. Also AIs don't have an inventory, so I guess it would either crash the game or destroy the items if it did work.
Perhaps one day in the future you will be able to link storage to AI units...

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile

I want to buy this on his site, But I cannot. There is no purchase button after i add it to my cart.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I want to buy this on his site, But I cannot. There is no purchase button after i add it to my cart.

My friend had same problem. You have to activate your account in the link that got (or should of) sent to your email you used to register.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well I'm assuming they would shoot, but only at enemy ships and it wouldn't do anything. So no automated mining. Also AIs don't have an inventory, so I guess it would either crash the game or destroy the items if it did work.
Perhaps one day in the future you will be able to link storage to AI units...

That would be pretty neat, it would create a new salvage ship design.  Right now everyone just makes big super long salvage cannon rails that look less like ships and more like green pool noodles.   With AI learning how to use salvage cannons I imagine more people would create ships that are more along the line of something vaguely resembling a ship in between a number of large salvage cannon turrets.  Just park next to an asteroid and let the AI do the work.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

So fun fact guys, apparently faction homes are protected from harvesters. I learnt this testing out my mining core drill... Still, good to know you can actually make a planet harvest proof. It is still venerable to straight out griefing with weapons, but can't be scrapped.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

trying to log in, on forsaken server, it gets stuck on "logging in as andrea". is it a problem on my end, or is server having some problems?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Server crashed.

I REALLY hope I didn't lose all my effort...

I didn't save my ship properly (as in I saved it client side... not... my side... so its blueprints aren't saved)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Not only did you loose all your effort, but the universe itself was altered in a way that Starmade will never run again anywhere ever. It is essentially a glitch in space and time and will never work again. Well that was fun, now what do we do? It will be a few years before Starbound is out, and Startrek: The MMO is fully of douchebags screaming 'BEAM ME UP!!! DO IT!'

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

even if blueprints aren't saved, unless something really bad happened the ship should still be there.

Should we send a PM to forsaken?

edit: Max, that sarcasm is as sharp as an hammer.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 181