Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325210 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Does this mean we get a chance to start from square one and get rebuilding?  :)
I could reset the server if thats what you guys want, but I don't see the point with an infinite universe.

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Been awhile since i messed around with star-made, suppose ill get the newest version and jump on soon.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Y hole? Oooh, I think it's one word so "Yhole". They're plants that 20 can make something called a "Yhole Nucleus". No idea what that's for though.

EDIT:
Looking through the wiki and here's an interesting page.
http://star-made.org/content/effects-grouping-elements-together

Particularly:
Missiles
•Box Dimension
◦X = Distance, the missile will fly
◦Y = Reload time reduction for the missile launcher
◦Z = Speed of the missile

•Count of modules in set = Damage and Blast radius of a missile

So if you want a faster missile you should place the missile blocks along the Z axis.

Most of the stuff there is old and plain wrong. Shields dont currently care about box dimension, just the total number on the ship. Cloaks and jammers only need a single module to work. Etc...
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Press 'T' and select one of your weapons. You can adjust all these things yourself, so I don't see how system dimensions play a part... If you wanted a missile that travels very fast but only does a tiny radius of damage while still destroying everything within that radius, you just adjust the levels for it.

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Joined the server for the first time, 15 minutes later i saw a station on my nav and flew to it.

First time i saw a pirate station, didn't have them around when i first got into star made.

About 25-30 minutes after that i was busy tearing up the station for parts :)

Then i was getting ready to go find a store to sell my rightfully plundered gains from those dirty pirates when the server disconnected.

:(

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Server will come back, hopefully. Anyway I'm 99% sure the items in your inventory are saved locally rather than on the server, thus as long as you are holding them, they are safe.
Be aware that this causes a strange glitch where as sometimes if you try to put something in a chest while having connection issues, it will be removed from your inventory, but not go into the chest, destroying the item forever. In the same way, taking something out will dupe it.

Your location is also local, while your ships location is server side, meaning if you disconnect while moving at high speed you will stop but your ship will keep flying for a few thousand meters, and when you log back in you will be stranded in space. Even worse, sometimes you will be frozen in place, but this can be fixed by closing the client and logging back on.

As for the glitch that teleports you ten or so systems away from your ship when you disconnect, even if you aren't moving... Well I have no idea.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

C-Client side inventory?
*memories to the days of Minecraft client-side inventory and endless duping of items*

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Minecraft was also in alpha/beta then, miauw.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Server is still down when I tried logging in. Guess its been down a while.

And can sort stuff in navigation window :D No longer do I have to keep scrolling to find certain objects.

As for resetting the server progress, I'd think it would be better to do that in like beta or something (if at all, but guessing there will be at some point). When the game is more complete and balanced.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 10:58:04 am by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Minecraft was also in alpha/beta then, miauw.
I know, it wasn't really ment as criticism.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile

I hope they add actual navigation at some point, I'd like to be able to set my course to some distant star and walk around my ship!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I hope they add the ability to turn your character with e and q, so I don't have to be infinitely frustrated because my character doesn't fit in a 2x1 hallway because my ship is tilted :/

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I hope they add the ability to turn your character with e and q, so I don't have to be infinitely frustrated because my character doesn't fit in a 2x1 hallway because my ship is tilted :/

Don't build 2x1. It's claustrophobic.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Build 2x1. It's efficient.
FTFY.

I can see what you're saying, tough, but I built this ship with 2x1 hallways (well, 1 hallway that size across the entire ship). It just makes sense to be able to turn in a space game.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Build 2x1. It's efficient.
FTFY.

I can see what you're saying, tough, but I built this ship with 2x1 hallways (well, 1 hallway that size across the entire ship). It just makes sense to be able to turn in a space game.

Can't you do that with "C" ? I think that it works both in ships and on foot, it basically resets your orientation. Otherwise, you can use artificial gravity.

Edit : ok "C" doesn't work and neither does left ctrl + mouse... but gravity would still do the trick.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 11:39:53 am by Sirian »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 181