Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325200 times)

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So fun fact for anybody building a ship.
The sides of blocks aren't rendered if they aren't next to a transparent block, as such if you have your ship as a solid block, with the viewpoint in the middle of back, you will be able to see through your ship.

Ever since I've figured this out, I have completely eschewed glass in many of my designs. Instead I just place a cockpit right behind the forward-facing reinforced hull and see through it without losing any protection/allowing prying eyes to spy on my internals.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

On the topic of people cheating blocks in, it is much, much preferable to people scrapping other peoples ships/stations for what they want.
I just found somebody had started taking out all the shields and thrusters of my destroyer! I had a chest there containing other 2,000 of each and gladly would have given over as many as they needed for free, but noooo, they had to start ripping up the interior. Fuck you who ever does that.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

On the topic of people cheating blocks in, it is much, much preferable to people scrapping other peoples ships/stations for what they want.
I just found somebody had started taking out all the shields and thrusters of my destroyer! I had a chest there containing other 2,000 of each and gladly would have given over as many as they needed for free, but noooo, they had to start ripping up the interior. Fuck you who ever does that.
You sure? Pirates can spawn and shoot your ship up. Also they may have thought it was abandoned.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Well I was pretty close to 0,0,0.
Also, no hull damage and the door was open. They were only taking shield and thruster, left everything else. Must have been a looter.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

someone was taking apart my ship as well. I parked it at a station, but server was laggy (it was full or something, couldn't log back in...was stuck at "connecting with vendayn")...came back and my ship was gone. Turns out, whoever it was landed on my faction's home planet (right near the station) that is claimed...and probably got out of the ship and couldn't leave with it. :P But some of my cannons were gone and some hull pieces.

He didn't even look in my container! he would have been rich :P

I recommend buying a faction module and claiming your ship. People won't be able to take it apart (can still be destroyed though). Not sure if you have to be a leader of the faction or not to claim.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Damn dirty scrappers! I can think of few things more shitty to do that go into a sandbox game and take apart what others have made.

Might have been the same guy Vendayn, apparently they don't know how chests work.
Anyway I set up my own faction to put a name to all my stuff. Its actually really nice having green as your own color, helps finding your ship easily.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you didn't build it, don't mess with it. Ask permission on things, at least for now. We're all experimenting. If you really need credits, go out and earn them. Head to another star system (yes they do exist) for untouched NPC/pirate/abandoned bases to loot.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Head to another star system (yes they do exist)

I can conform this.  I started heading in an arbitrary direction in a straight line away from the first star, and entered another system.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you head to star system 0,-1,0 (I think...) you will find some debris clouds that used to be stations.

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend

Was playing on a server witih some buds... ate a few planets/stations, killed a few pirates, got max credits, then decided to build a culture orbital. Progress so far:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Thing is on an asteroid and the build block doesn't work on there, so got to put down each block by hand in fps view, which kinds sucks.  I added the station onto the side for storage/misc, and it has a teeny gap I cant do anything about so I just put a little bit of stairs under it into the asteroid to climb back up if you fall off of it when gravity is on. 

Would be nice if build mode worked on roids... plus some copy/paste chunk/slice function.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile

I believe the server will require an update as a new version just came out.

Change Log:
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

There are so many damn blocks in this game... I've been sorting all my crap and I swear after a good ten minutes I'm down to having to sort the ores. Yea, all those things with horrifically looking similar names and graphics. Fuck. What are all these things even for? What the fuck is a Y hole?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile

Y hole? Oooh, I think it's one word so "Yhole". They're plants that 20 can make something called a "Yhole Nucleus". No idea what that's for though.

EDIT:
Looking through the wiki and here's an interesting page.
http://star-made.org/content/effects-grouping-elements-together

Particularly:
Missiles
•Box Dimension
◦X = Distance, the missile will fly
◦Y = Reload time reduction for the missile launcher
◦Z = Speed of the missile

•Count of modules in set = Damage and Blast radius of a missile

So if you want a faster missile you should place the missile blocks along the Z axis.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 05:10:54 am by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

I believe the server will require an update as a new version just came out.

Change Log:
er... so I ran the update and it asked permission to 'clean the database' due to an excessive NPC spawn bug. Now its not loading.

I did make a backup, so give me a minute.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Does this mean we get a chance to start from square one and get rebuilding?  :)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 181