Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325205 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

You know, fuck this game.
I spent half an hour building a nice-looking ship, only to place an antimatter cannon and noticing that I oriented the entire thing wrongly.
That is pretty brutal...
I have finished my destroyer class ship. 2,000 shields, missiles that destroy a pirate ship in a single shot, docking for a fighter and four turrets. Safe to say, it doesn't like to turn.

Still have to actually build the turrets and fighter, but looking good so far!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

I spent half an hour building a nice-looking ship, only to place an antimatter cannon and noticing that I oriented the entire thing wrongly.
That is pretty brutal...
I cheated most of the stuff in, but I placed about 100 corner and sloped blocks. These things take ages to build to orient them properly.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile

That is pretty brutal...
I cheated most of the stuff in, but I placed about 100 corner and sloped blocks. These things take ages to build to orient them properly.

Sympathy diminished.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sympathy diminished because I don't want to tediously trek trough space for minerals that I then sell?

I just want to build a cool-looking ship and go pew pew some pirates, even if I die in the process.

*refer to the endless legit vs non-legit discussions in minecraft*
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 08:10:13 am by miauw62 »

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

You can cheat in blocks?
Well that explains why some people have what they have...

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile

Sympathy diminished because I don't want to play the game...

If you cheat your way to success the success is meaningless.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Mech official has the coolest shit in our self contained universe. If there is anything as awesome as what he is flying, I'm not sure I could handle it.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, sorry that I don't like doing tedious things and just want to have fun. I'm not even doing it on a server.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

the building system in this game discourages me to the point of not wanting anything to do with this game at this point

everything is clunky and the linkages have a potential to just randomly not work with each other or disconnect from the main computer for some reason so you have to tear the whole thing down and reconnect it oh god why

i have a battleship sitting /right there/ but i can't bring myself to even upload it to the server because showing off something not complete is a shameful display and i won't finish it worth a damn at this rate

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile

success is success is success... punk.

anyways how can you say that? some people just want to build ships, and this game does that better than most AND allows you to get stuff quickly with admin commands, it's like minecraft's creative mode, is that cheating too?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile

My advice, if you're on a server, is to find a powerful but capable ship on the catalog to buy, and then upgrade it with the "base" materials. I started with the "cruiser" design, which is basically a long ship with lots of guns, shields, and no hull. Then fly around until you find a pirate space station. Once you come across one, you should be able to obliterate most of the defences and blow open the storage containers near the middle. You then take this loot and sell it at the nearest shop. I personally made 1 billion dollars doing this, which is realistically enough to buy everything you're ever going to want or need. From here, getting materials if the shop is out is a matter of buying something from the catalog and salvaging the materials
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart

That is pretty brutal...

Sympathy diminished.

I hardly find it worthwhile to toil empty hours and hours on a meaningless and absolutely boring thing such as mining ore in this game when I have a real life to take care of. Things like working and getting my medical degree and such...
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There is also the fact that it's in alpha and the economy is only there in a base form.  By that I mean: Admin commands are just one of many ways to get as much resources as you need.

Add on top of that the fact that right now the crafting system is best described as clunky and unwieldy.  It's not that hard to get a large amount of ore and parts.  It's just knowing what goes where and in what amount and when to get even something as simple as a grey hull block, and somethings can't even be made through the crafting system.

What I'm getting at: People need to stop being all high and mighty that people are "cheating" in an alpha.  Let alone in sandbox construction game.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

There is also the fact that it's in alpha and the economy is only there in a base form.  By that I mean: Admin commands are just one of many ways to get as much resources as you need.

Add on top of that the fact that right now the crafting system is best described as clunky and unwieldy.  It's not that hard to get a large amount of ore and parts.  It's just knowing what goes where and in what amount and when to get even something as simple as a grey hull block, and somethings can't even be made through the crafting system.

What I'm getting at: People need to stop being all high and mighty that people are "cheating" in an alpha.  Let alone in sandbox construction game.
People can be absurdly picky, especially in sandbox construction games. Having an alpha that you don't have to cheat in to make any progress is great, and yet people complain when its still treated as an alpha anyway. (ie. lots of stuff spawned for no particular reason)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Any one interested in a Bay12 carrier contest? You know for a design for a carrier... for us, bay12ers?

can ridiculous, inefficient, and generally dorfy (encouraged actually) or can be economical and smart (fuck dat, amirite?)

EDIT: if anyone IS interested, I think we'll have to have categories for gravity and non-gravity, because they both have they're respective pros and cons

Spoiler: This (click to show/hide)

I swear, I would make it if I had the time.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 12:39:45 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 181