Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325170 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Edit: One problem with the design so far.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The pilot doesn't have a good view.
http://starmade.wikia.com/wiki/SD_Cockpit

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

I had a nice little starbase set up.  Then somebody accidentally splodied with a 2 mile long ship made of missile blocks.

Oh well, 3 hours to build, 1/2 a second and an "Oops" to disappear. :/
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile

I had a nice little starbase set up.  Then somebody accidentally splodied with a 2 mile long ship made of missile blocks.

Oh well, 3 hours to build, 1/2 a second and an "Oops" to disappear. :/

Can't you export/import ships?
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

You can with ships, not so much with stations...
I'm still not sure why some people are building the mass destroyers that they are. It isn't like you are going to use them for anything but fighting pirates, and that is more fun in smaller ships where there is some risk involved. It just sort of consumes all the useful stuff from every nearby shop.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can with ships, not so much with stations...
I'm still not sure why some people are building the mass destroyers that they are. It isn't like you are going to use them for anything but fighting pirates, and that is more fun in smaller ships where there is some risk involved. It just sort of consumes all the useful stuff from every nearby shop.

We are gonna use them to fight each other, duh!

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile

Hm, is the server down? I'm not able to connect.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

I don't think I get turrets.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile

I don't think I get turrets.

What's giving you trouble? The best description I've seen as to how they work is think of them as small ships.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, so they're not some sort of special block and just tiny ships docked onto your big ship?

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile

Oh, so they're not some sort of special block and just tiny ships docked onto your big ship?

A simple turret is made up of a ship core, a weapon core, an antimatter cannon and a BOBBY AI core.

Put them together, hop in the ship core and dock it onto the turret dock. The ship core has to be on the bottom of the turret as it sits directly above the turret dock.

If it's attached to a station or a ship, the weapons will drain power from those, or you can add a power core directly to the turret.

Once the turret is attached, you access the BOBBY AI core and set it to either "Any" or "Selected" (This tells the turret how it'll choose targets, they only fire at enemies) and the second one, "Ship" or "Turret" tells the AI what it's controlling, so set that to "Turret". I don't think the AI knows how to fly a ship yet, but I haven't tried.

After that, click the activate button so it's got a cross in it and it'll work. If you hop in the ship core, the AI core will deactivate and you'll need to click the "Activate" button in the AI core again.

boki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any info how much will the full game cost? I guess it's free at the moment because it is early in development

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any info how much will the full game cost? I guess it's free at the moment because it is early in development

Let's just see if it ever gets to that point.
History tells me "no"

Unrelated, a couple of people asked about power cores, and the most efficient design, turns out that it's a function of the volume of a box drawn around whatever shape the power cores has.
The docking enhancers work the same way, but they have a visual area you can see change when you add more enhancers.

So build your power cores as spread out as possible, with one strip going as far on each axis as possible.
Instead of making a central cores, you should make them snake around your ship.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know, fuck this game.
I spent half an hour building a nice-looking ship, only to place an antimatter cannon and noticing that I oriented the entire thing wrongly.

Mrnocamera

• Bay Watcher
  • Qualified.... Something.
    • View Profile

AHHHH!!!   JAVA!    I cannot install it because it refuses to check the correct folder for java.    And the uninstaller for java is not even there, so that's fun.
Professional shut-in

You don't need to be good at video games anyway, right?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 181