Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325106 times)

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early alpha)
« Reply #120 on: June 24, 2013, 04:49:52 pm »

Do all servers have problems then? I've been waiting for an "official" B12 one, while I learn the ropes by myself. But, would a B12 one be better than what there is now? Or is it more like, mess around by yourself as the game develops and fixes stuff?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 05:59:05 pm by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 24, 2013, 06:14:37 pm »

F6 takes screen shots in game with out GUI, F5 takes them with.  They are saved in the folder that Starmade saves into.

What I have been working on the past few days: The Exodus 1
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Currently protected by 3 of the planned 20 turrets, all of which are going to go through another redesign.

Starting at the bottom left and going right we start with the lava world park, followed by the First Bank of Exodus with lava moat.  Then we have the rear hangar under construction which will be the largest hangar space on the finished Exodus.  Next to the hangar is the rear apartment tower.  Back to the middle left is Exodus Hospital, also under construction, then the Town hall.  Finally we have the grass world park and the front apartment tower.

Planned are at least 2 more hangars, a comms tower, at least 3 more parks, to get the glass domes connected to everything, and to get the last of the turret batteries set up.  Then work on the actual workings of the ship with finishing up the under side with all it's power, shields, engines and main weapon.  Currently it has a small batch of engines, the two 4x5x5 power blocks and what shields I was able to hide under the stairs of the apartment blocks.  I'll be covering up the bottom with rock to give it that "took off with part of a planet" look.

Also, yes it's a ship and not a station, so it flies.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 24, 2013, 06:24:50 pm »

F6 takes screen shots in game with out GUI, F5 takes them with.  They are saved in the folder that Starmade saves into.

What I have been working on the past few days: The Exodus 1
Currently protected by 3 of the planned 20 turrets, all of which are going to go through another redesign.

Starting at the bottom left and going right we start with the lava world park, followed by the First Bank of Exodus with lava moat.  Then we have the rear hangar under construction which will be the largest hangar space on the finished Exodus.  Next to the hangar is the rear apartment tower.  Back to the middle left is Exodus Hospital, also under construction, then the Town hall.  Finally we have the grass world park and the front apartment tower.

Planned are at least 2 more hangars, a comms tower, at least 3 more parks, to get the glass domes connected to everything, and to get the last of the turret batteries set up.  Then work on the actual workings of the ship with finishing up the under side with all it's power, shields, engines and main weapon.  Currently it has a small batch of engines, the two 4x5x5 power blocks and what shields I was able to hide under the stairs of the apartment blocks.  I'll be covering up the bottom with rock to give it that "took off with part of a planet" look.

Also, yes it's a ship and not a station, so it flies.

i like your style. bay12 server when, i want to add further glory to this design

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 24, 2013, 06:29:58 pm »

EDIT: Although, I now know that landing on desert planets can be VERY profitable.

Early on, I found a pyramid. It contained a fuckload of L5 ores.

Wait, what ? what are those planets like ? I found Ice planets, Terran planets (with trees and grass), Alien planets (purple) and Red planets (red rock and soil).
Atmospheres seem to be consistently : deep blue for ice, green for terran, white blue for alien, and red for red. Are those desert planets the red ones, or is it another type that I haven't encountered ? (take those colors with a pinch of salt, i'm colorblind)

Edit : could it be that I'm sometimes mistaking yellow and green and desert planets would be yellow ?

Edit : ok found one, it is yellow. Also this is weird : now I found alien planets with green atmosphere. I guess it's sorta random ?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 06:49:53 pm by Sirian »

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 24, 2013, 07:07:06 pm »

EDIT: Although, I now know that landing on desert planets can be VERY profitable.

Early on, I found a pyramid. It contained a fuckload of L5 ores.

Wait, what ? what are those planets like ? I found Ice planets, Terran planets (with trees and grass), Alien planets (purple) and Red planets (red rock and soil).
Atmospheres seem to be consistently : deep blue for ice, green for terran, white blue for alien, and red for red. Are those desert planets the red ones, or is it another type that I haven't encountered ? (take those colors with a pinch of salt, i'm colorblind)

Edit : could it be that I'm sometimes mistaking yellow and green and desert planets would be yellow ?
I can't really remember. I think it's a kind of yellow colour.
The colors also vary based on your distance from planets. It's weird like that. But yeah, desert tend to be yellow or light blue. Terrans can also appear light blue, but they seem to be slightly more blue-ish.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 24, 2013, 09:14:01 pm »

Posting to watch
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 24, 2013, 10:48:22 pm »

Fun game.   I completely fail to not die horribly to the first pirates I always come across though.  Even after admining myself 10 million credits and buying 'errvrything' from the starting shop I only managed to disable one pirate station turret before being shot to hell.

...I think the pirates just stole one of my ship designs.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 11:23:52 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 24, 2013, 11:41:29 pm »

Yeah, if you catalog a design, or if you download one, the pirates can use it.

Update on the Exodus for the night.

The right side of the image is the focus for tomorrow.  Adding one more hangar, a mall, and two more parks.  Also the last 4 of the turret mounts for the top.  Then I'll get around to doing the under/inside.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 24, 2013, 11:45:34 pm »

Well, this looks neat. Should I play now or wait for more polish?
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 25, 2013, 12:10:48 am »

Well, this looks neat. Should I play now or wait for more polish?

It's mostly just creative at the moment. The actual playable elements of the game (money, planets, pirates) are all annoying to deal with or generally pointless. They look cool, though.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 25, 2013, 12:14:22 am »

Plus some of the problems with the game is once a part is gone, it never comes back and reattaching them can be an excessive hassle.

The game needs either a blueprint system that allows the game to know what parts are missing (I am aware it has a blueprint system of buying ships wholesale), or for "repair beams" to just replace missing parts.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 25, 2013, 12:58:57 am »

I like the Exodus. Don't mind the invisible Asteroid behind you. It's totally not a drug smuggler looking to sell candy to children.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 01:01:31 am by BigD145 »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 25, 2013, 01:15:38 am »

I think I am in love with missiles.  After hearing that missiles are the way to go I made a ship focused on the application of them.

In a test firing I blew a hole through a planet big enough to fly my ship through.  Now if only I could find some pirates now that I'm not hopelessly outgunned.

EDIT: I also may have accidentally clicked the wrong button while shopping...

Spoiler: Image (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 01:25:49 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 25, 2013, 01:21:45 am »

I like the Exodus. Don't mind the invisible Asteroid behind you. It's totally not a drug smuggler looking to sell candy to children.

I'm playing this, incomplete or not this looks rad.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 25, 2013, 01:32:44 am »

I'm playing this, incomplete or not this looks rad.

Real Space Dwarfs live underground!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 181