Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 324974 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early alpha)
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2013, 03:02:39 pm »

Sounds promising. I'll have to look into this when I get a chance.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2013, 04:12:23 pm »

Watched the yogscast video.

I see they still haven't gotten past the Teletubbies stage...

This has a ways to go before you can do more than build spaceships and get shot up by other spaceships.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2013, 04:14:05 pm »

When you come across minerals, please update the pages for them with the type of asteroid or planet they were on. (preferably with this sort of format: http://starmade.wikia.com/wiki/Orangutanium )

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2013, 05:49:59 pm »

Hehe, captured a pirate alive:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Just used that single block ship in the corner. Charged directly at it near the side of a planet, hopped out about 5m away. The AI tried to move away to get to its optimal firing distance; only to fall right into the planet's gravity, getting stuck and flipping out trying to escape. At which point I retrieved my ship, landed next to it, and proceeded to rip out its thrusters and guns by hand. The ship is now shaking gently, as its core doesn't have nearly enough power to lift it. Captive hostile AI get!

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2013, 06:37:05 pm »

Just used that single block ship in the corner. Charged directly at it near the side of a planet, hopped out about 5m away. The AI tried to move away to get to its optimal firing distance; only to fall right into the planet's gravity, getting stuck and flipping out trying to escape. At which point I retrieved my ship, landed next to it, and proceeded to rip out its thrusters and guns by hand. The ship is now shaking gently, as its core doesn't have nearly enough power to lift it. Captive hostile AI get!

That is actually pretty cool. I'll have to try that. And like the guy above asked sort of, have you been playing in singleplayer or multiplayer?
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2013, 06:38:18 pm »

As cool as this is, I hope they add a proper block-breaking mechanism soon. What's the point of lasers and missiles if your opponent can just jetpack to you and rip your high-tech battlecruiser to shreds by hand like some kind of space-hulk.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2013, 06:38:24 pm »

I like this game, but haven't encountered much, other than some asteroids, and shops.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2013, 06:38:48 pm »

Singleplayer. Though we need a b12 server.

I then proceeded to disassemble all but the core; tying that into the ground with a deep hooked pillar which fits snuggly into a custom-built cave. Even after re-adding some engines, it couldn't escape. Also, I used its entire hull (plus some rock) to build this:
Remember folks, pirate jail is a very real place which you are turned into as punishment for piracy.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2013, 06:42:03 pm »

Singleplayer. Though we need a b12 server.

I then proceeded to disassemble all but the core; tying that into the ground with a deep hooked pillar which fits snuggly into a custom-built cave. Even after re-adding some engines, it couldn't escape. Also, I used its entire hull (plus some rock) to build this:
Remember folks, pirate jail is a very real place which you are turned into as punishment for piracy.

you smug spacefarer you.

when we get a server (i'll pester a few colleagues in order to see if i can leech their resources but they'll tell me to go away paraphrased but at least i won't be able to say i didn't do anything) you will be the last/first one that i find and poke with a ship core/thruster setup until you glitch out and fly into the sun

that or i will turn you into a sun because irony

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2013, 06:46:49 pm »

As cool as this is, I hope they add a proper block-breaking mechanism soon. What's the point of lasers and missiles if your opponent can just jetpack to you and rip your high-tech battlecruiser to shreds by hand like some kind of space-hulk.
Na. keep in mind, the only reason I was able to do this was because the NPC's AI got stuck on a planet. In space, it's basically impossible simply because there is no conservation of momentum when you eject. You've got a top speed a tiny fraction of that of a ship (5m/s or something like that), and so it's pretty much impossible to get into grabbing range with anything but a stationary target.

This was, by all measures, a suicide run gone awry. :P

Also, has anyone found any Negacide, Cenomite, or Metate yet? I've been upd00ting the wiki with locations as I find them, but I can't for the life of me see to find any of those.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 06:50:47 pm by alway »

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2013, 08:53:58 pm »

Alright; found Cenomite & Metate and added to wiki. Just Negacide to go. Ideas where to look?

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2013, 09:28:07 pm »

No, haven't found any either. I'm guessing it must be rather rare though.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 09:41:27 pm by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2013, 09:33:04 pm »

Getting your computers blown up is incredibly annoying.

To the extent where I considered just remaking my entire ship when that occurs.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 09:59:38 pm by Neonivek »

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2013, 09:58:58 pm »

No, haven't found any either. I'm guessing it must be rather rare though.
Oh, on the contrary. Nothing in this game is rare; simply hard to find~

Edit: That said, I'm beginning to suspect Negacide doesn't actually exist. >_>
From searching online, the closest I could find was a bunch of people saying they simply couldn't find any while prospecting, with one person stating 'alien/ice planet exclusive.' I've checked over half a dozen of each, including excavating in some of the ice formations, to absolutely no avail. So yeah. No leads, none found.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 11:23:52 pm by alway »

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2013, 05:15:42 am »

Can only come from B12.... haha nicely done! Wish pirate would have more variety tho... all NPC seem to have the same design.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 181