Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325637 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

If you make it to 22.22.22, there's a Flame Within class corvette called Soul Fire, that you can use. It has a custom red trim and a fireball painted on the docking deck. :)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

TheDecline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just stumbled across this game and it looks pretty fun, one question though is when i make a second viewport ( no idea what the module is called ) I can switch to it with the arrow keys however.....the ship then seems to align to that viewport .

For instance i made a lil miner vesell with side facing miner beams but when i press forward which should move me side-ways ( as the viewport is side facing) it instead moves me forward so the orientation seems to always forward face.

Sorry I dont think thats really explaining myself very well.
And so we go on with our lives
we know the turth, but prefer lies
lies are simple....simple is bliss

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's the other way around - the module is always oriented forward. Even if you put it facing sideways, it is still facing forwarf. So you press forward, and you go forward. Likewise, the mining beams will fire forward. About the only way I know to have sideways-facing anything is with the weapons computers and the like. I.e. you have to physically man the weapons console in order to face in that direction, otherwise the weapons will fire forward.

Honestly, with the recent addition of switching between docked vessels, I find it easier to have a separate huge mining turret.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

TheDecline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok thanks for the Reply, I guess im just playing it wrong :)
And so we go on with our lives
we know the turth, but prefer lies
lies are simple....simple is bliss

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A mining ship which you keep docked works too.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile

I think I might try this out. I'll let you guys know my first impressions later.
EDIT: What do you have access to without buying the full version?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 10:58:07 am by Facekillz058 »
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile

EDIT: What do you have access to without buying the full version?
Absolutely everything.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

I am quite pleased with myself. I was fighting a pirate base near a star system. I managed to find the correct angle of attack, so that the border of the solar system would spin me around 180. So all I had to do was hold the forward button down, and blast back and forth along the base in a never-ending stream of attack runs. Of course now I have to fiddle around with turrets/docking modules so that I can finally start building my damn base without being attacked, but baby steps.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile

I have a few questions.
1. How is a Salvage Beam used?
2. What are these different colored orbs I see in the distance?
3. Where can I find something to shoot at?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Salvage beams suck up blocks from most objects and put them in your personal inventory. They dont work on ships that aren't overheating or planets which are the home base of a faction.
The colorful balls in the distance are planets! :D
You can probably find something to shoot at by looking around for a pirate base and setting up shop nearby. If pirates don't come to you in an hour or so, you can still raid the base and blast the turrets. I'd advise you use lots and lots of shield blocks, though.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
Re: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early alpha) (we have a multi server!)
« Reply #1000 on: July 29, 2013, 01:36:30 pm »

Alright, cool. I just ran into some pirates while I was in the midst of trying to fly into the sun.
My piloting skills are lacking a little bit, but I swear I was flying into the sun on purpose!
I landed on a few cool planets, an icey one, a magma filled one, and a desert one.
What the easiest way to find a pirate base?
Also, I guess I don't fully understand how Salvage beams work. I tried shooting a few planets and asteroids and nothing happened.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: July 29, 2013, 01:41:12 pm »

Salvage Beams, unless you have them in a setup of at least 30 blocks apiece, won't instantly eat up blocks. You have to fly up pretty close, and spend time moving the beam from block to block, waiting for the block to disappear each time.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: July 29, 2013, 02:08:44 pm »

Do blocks give any sign as to whether you're successfully salvage beaming them or not?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: July 29, 2013, 02:14:10 pm »

Also make sure your salvage beams are linked to a salvage computer.  Some folks miss that.

Two ways to link 'weapons' to their computer.

The slow 'I already built my ship and forgot to link the weapons' way:  Hit 'C' while looking at the relevant computer (weapons for AM cannons, salvage for salvage cannons).  That makes a yellow box appear around the computer.  Then you look at and hit 'V' on every block you want linked to that system so that they all have a purple box around them.

The fast mid construction way: Simply place the needed computer immediately before you place the firing blocks.  While building the system automatically selects the last computer block you placed, and while selected the build system will automatically link blocks that can be linked to that computer.

And they don't give an indication that they are being salvaged, but no salvage beam should take longer than a second to collect a block.  If yer not seeing blocks disappear something is wrong.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 02:16:31 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: July 29, 2013, 02:28:46 pm »

Additionally you can place all your computers in the beginning, then switch between them by aiming at them and selecting them with c, before you put down weapons for that particular computer.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 181