Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325646 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I made an aircar a while ago. It seemed more practical than trying to make something that resembled actual cars, considering the planetary terrain.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Fuck yeah! Anyway, I have a problem; I try opening the Bay12 server address in the OP when I open StarMade, but it doesn't work.
Sorry, server crashed out. Its back now.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

I'm creating a 1:1 scale of this. Just the skeletal frame so far...

I was considering making one of those ships after I noticed the ladder on the size of a tarka destroyer and realized that these ships are actually relatively small compared to ships in other universes.  A tarka destroyer from SotS1 is less than 20 blocks long, probably closer to 15 at 1:1 scale.   And then I saw some word of god saying the inside of these ships are actually pretty cramped, more like a navy submarine than a star trek cruiser.

Looking forward to seeing the final product.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

Kinda wanna make a replica of the USS Ishimura. And mount a massive planet eating salvage cannon. But lazyness.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

I've finished the exoskeleton of the Queen's abdomen and the entirety of what I currently intend to be the head. I decided to mount it as a turret, and included three high-power AMC cannons. Hopefully, it can crack the shields of any other capital ship I point it at. It's total mass is ~650, and the total mass of the entire vessel excluding it is ~4010.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm currently working on the abdominal interior, mostly walkable routes and hangar space. I still need to do the wings and legs, which will sport plenty of turrets.

Also, I've been seeing some large fleets of traders guild ships:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In that second pic I'm piloting a new cruiser I made which sports a pair of large laser turrets set to fire at my target. Unfortunately I learned that they will not reevaluate the target if you select a new one and will continue to fire at the first until it is eliminated, which means if you accidentally selected an asteroid within their range they will ignore pirates you select until you're either out of range of the rock or they manage to shoot up every single block. They also aren't very accurate.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

How do I increase the maximum speed for single player? I noticed that the Bay12 server has a max of 150 while in SP I can only get up to 50.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Loving Queen Bee!

Was thinking of making a roach to pair it with yours. :p

How does one count a ship's mass, btw?
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Ship mass will be visible at the top of the screen under shop where it reads [thrust] - [mass] = [thrust].

Also, you can change the max speed limit by opening server.cfg in your starmade install directory and changing the value that follows "THRUST_SPEED_LIMIT."
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've finished the exoskeleton of the Queen's abdomen and the entirety of what I currently intend to be the head. I decided to mount it as a turret, and included three high-power AMC cannons. Hopefully, it can crack the shields of any other capital ship I point it at. It's total mass is ~650, and the total mass of the entire vessel excluding it is ~4010.

We are definitely going to have to set up a fleet battle between our ships somewhere at some point. Of course, I only have two capital ship classes at this point (disregarding my carrier prototype, which needs to go back to the drawing board), but the smaller of the two is 3797 mass without turrets, and the larger is 6873.7 (and has some inefficiencies in its gun design). Perhaps I'll make another one that's smaller at some point (should take a lot less time than making one that's much larger).
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile

What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Its back up. Sorry about that. :3

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
I make Spellcrafts!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Just so you know all ship warranties are void anyplace outside of -8, -8, -8.  Also the warranty does not protect from sun damage. 
(P.S. -8,-8,-8 is the interior of the sun next to my home base)

Happy to see somebody finally got use out of one of those beginner ships I designed though, and I pretty much intended people to rework that one after they get started.  Happy it gave you such a good start! :)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 08:34:02 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile

Yeah, it was quite sporty out of the box, but I decided to armor it up with some red hull I salvaged from an abandoned pirate space station. Then I decided to expand the power core, and I ended up with wings that needed lasers on the end (this fact cannot be questioned), and I needed bigger thrusters and eventually ended up with what you see there. If the ship Eric gave me is still around I suspect it shall go through a similar transformation.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile

So, I don't know quite how it happened, but it kinda seems like TeamSpacePirateWizard has become some sort of galaxy exploration/journalism company. I took a lot of pictures across the server tonight, though I'm too tired to upload them now.

Also, some point beyond halfway to 22,22,22 I lost the ship Eric gave to me due to a crash, and was teleported several sectors away (which was at least, fortunately, much closer to my destination. But I'm a bit sad because that was a nice ship (albeit not optimal for planetary exploration).
Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 181