Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325623 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Me and my friend were buying ships on the server. Just to check out other peoples designs and what all of you have done.

And...

He spawned inside the ship somehow, and the server got SUPER laggy. And everyones pings are really high.
Just out of curiosity what ship was it?  Some of the ships people made are absolutely massive, I never thought about it but it wouldn't surprise me if some of the ships other people made are simply too big to safely spawn.
I hit that problem with that "superweapon" of mine I mention earlier. Except mine happened on load only. Give it a few tries, and let the game try to figure it out - eventually it should just clip out a part of the ship and resume working normally, like it did for me.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And it's mostly done...

The SRV-111 Daedalus:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's 50 blocks long, so close to a 1/10 scale which is 488m. I'm trying to keep it playable, specially after the SDF-1 going to be 120 blocks high, to keep it within the 200x200x200 size I heard is stable (maybe I'll do a 2x version later).

I also probably shouldn't have rounded the blue section's corners, but seemed like a good idea when I started...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 01:29:56 pm by Sergius »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile

Very impressive looking!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I know what I'm building next. The Soyokaze.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I want the galactica in a 1-1 ratio :D
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!

I can contribute a Viper...

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

New update.  Causes recipies to level up to suck less with use, increasing the number of blocks output. 

Still annoys me that we can get recipes for stuff like normal grey hull that requires half a dozen HARDENED hull to make it, but with that leveling up at least it has potential to eventually become a way to convert hardened hull into normal at an almost reasonable ratio.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do you guys just console spawn tiles and other parts to build large ships or slowly salvage space stations?
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I mostly raid pirate bases, but if I need a staggeringly large amount of something, I usually go for blueprint abuse.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Havent found pirate bases yet. Are they abandoned or do you have to fight pirates stationed there?
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The bugfixes are definitely welcome.

I'm doing ship designing locally with infinite resources (/giveid) (running the dedicated server + client instead of just regular singleplayer, so that when the client crashes, I don't lose any work), then uploading them and buying them on the server.

I *was* manufacturing things on the server prior to the recipe system being released, but I don't see any reason to bother making recipes or trying to find the components to produce them. Doesn't seem like a good use of time. About the only recipe I'd make is one for L5 ore, to print money.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

How do I log into the server, and how the hell do I make stuff?

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Please welcome the Dragonfly, a class of aging utility corvette that is still used by beginner space scavengers and miners. While she is lacking in armour department, she boasts a powerful power reactor to run quadra-mount salvage cannons. When the salvage cannons are offline, she is able to divert all power to its thrusters. Certain modifications with antimater cannons installed in place of salvage cannons have been seen used by pirates.

PS: Some of you could tell the design is inspired by human ships in Sword of the Stars. I love how they have that large cylindrical bit covering the main thruster at the back.

PSS: I would welcome feedback on this since it's my first proper build. Also, is this ship big enough to be classified as destroyer?

This shot gives you a sense of scale:

« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 05:42:58 am by BuriBuriZaemon »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Is the server down?

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!

That's wicked :D

I would say that's more of a corvette, but that's because I love the sense of humongous scale some ships give you :D

Also, where did you get the glass?
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 181