Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325052 times)

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
Re: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early alpha)
« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2013, 08:30:58 pm »

Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 23, 2013, 09:12:37 pm »

Found a nice server, no lag and fairly low pop. Come check it out. Host OK'ed it.

fh.incognitodev.com:4242

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 23, 2013, 09:25:47 pm »

As soon as I click on the exe file, I get the following message:

This registry refers to a nonexistent Java Runtime Environment installation or the runtime is corrupted. The system cannot find the path specified.
Have you tried redownloading it, and if java updated to the latest version?
Redownload to a different folder solved the issue. Yay.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 23, 2013, 09:46:27 pm »

Ugh, as much as I like this game I'm going to have to stop. The pirates keep raiding the place where I'm building my ships, and now I'm spending more time patching holes and buying new parts than actualy building. The latest raid has about five or so enemies, which is a little more than my specialy built fighter can handle. Cool game though, it'll be awesome to see where it gets to.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 23, 2013, 09:57:25 pm »

well, if pirates (npc I assume) are attacking you and you REALLY need to get stuff done, spawn in some shields!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 23, 2013, 10:01:18 pm »

Or just finish engines and power... and leave for another station.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 23, 2013, 10:03:26 pm »

On that note, how do shields work? Do I just slap them about the ship or make a big "shielding bay" to cover my entire ship, or do I have to space them evenly to cover each x by y blocks? Also, how do I connect my new AMCs to my current weapons array, and how do I make it so that it shoots a whole bunch of shots from different locations rather than one stupidly powerful shot from the first spot I placed it?
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 23, 2013, 10:05:20 pm »

If you join the server I posted, look for the faction called MAGMACANNON in the faction menu. Then join it :) Thats going to be the B12 faction.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 23, 2013, 10:08:16 pm »

I don't know. I've stolen acquired two very nice ships on two of the major servers and have had a lot of fun with them. The one had some great cannons that, with a bit of modification, were capable of slicing a Battlestar Galactica v2 in half after about two minutes of firing, though an Enterprise B had shields too strong to penetrate.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 23, 2013, 10:13:23 pm »

I believe shields have a certain radius, so you need to place multiple of them. Im not really sure, my ship has good armor (compared to damage done by silly pirates) so I havent used them as of yet.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 23, 2013, 10:14:36 pm »

I believe shields have a certain radius, so you need to place multiple of them. Im not really sure, my ship has good armor (compared to damage done by silly pirates) so I havent used them as of yet.

They don't but when they are at less then 50% your ship takes damage.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 23, 2013, 10:50:48 pm »

Found a nice server, no lag and fairly low pop. Come check it out. Host OK'ed it.

So everyone agree? Is this the server that's going to be the main B12 server? If so, I'll add it to the original post and mention it in the thread title.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 23, 2013, 10:52:26 pm »

So everyone agree? Is this the server that's going to be the main B12 server? If so, I'll add it to the original post and mention it in the thread title.
And so the accidental DDOS began. :P

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 24, 2013, 10:00:40 am »

On that note, how do shields work? Do I just slap them about the ship or make a big "shielding bay" to cover my entire ship, or do I have to space them evenly to cover each x by y blocks? Also, how do I connect my new AMCs to my current weapons array, and how do I make it so that it shoots a whole bunch of shots from different locations rather than one stupidly powerful shot from the first spot I placed it?

Shield blocks protect the entire structure and don't get any benefits from being grouped, so they're perfect for filling up the gaps in your 5x5x5 power matrix.

To connect new AMCs, select the weapon controller block thingy and then press 'V' on all the new AMC blocks.
You need seperate groups of blocks to fire seperate beams, although they can be added to the same controlller block thingy. Grouped weapon blocks are always more effective than seperate blocks, but you might want to split them for aesthetics/coverage.

To make the beam from a group of weapons pop out of a specific block, press 'R' in front of it while in astronaut mode.

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 24, 2013, 11:04:04 am »

If you do not want pirate or other play to use ship blueprints got to the ship menu and uncheck them. As for protecting your ships when docked in a faction space station your ship be invincible as long as both the ship an the station have the same faction blocks.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 181