Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 324989 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early alpha)
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2013, 10:57:48 pm »

Is there any possible way to bring ships to a speed faster than 50?  Or is that an in-game limit, because no matter how many thrusters I add, it doesn't go any faster.

You can edit max speed. I think it's in a config file. Do a search on the official forums.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2013, 11:05:57 pm »

server.cfg is the file
You can edit the max speed, as well as linear & rotational dampening factors.

Edit: Change max speed to 20000, linear dampening to 0.01, and rotational dampening to 0. Get ready for high-speed Newtonian fun times.

Edit2: My latest craft:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And entirely over the top design. I started with the power core. It's that big cylinder around the craft. It consists of 4 independent cores, each of which spans the dimensions of the entire cylinder. Using that, it can easily power the entire craft, while both moving and firing. It has a central main cannon and 4 exterior guns. The central gun, in my current config of the weapon settings, has a range of over 800, 300 damage, 87 reload, and 68 speed. Exteriors are 147 damage at 520 range, 300 reload, and 30 speed.

It carved a large asteroid in half in about a minute. >:D

Also this.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 02:39:32 am by alway »

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2013, 03:12:05 am »

Interstellar vandalism  :o

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2013, 06:11:39 am »

Going to give this a go when I get a chance between work this weekend. Based on the launcher, my biggest concern is that the developer might need somebody to help him write in English, which is so often a silent killer in indie titles.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2013, 09:01:22 am »

I managed to kill a couple pirates, and wasn't even able to loot everything, but I still got over 600 L5 minerals, which sells for 1 million a piece.

Yea... forget about salvaging neutral stations, pirate loot is where the real OP is. But I guess that killing pirates is quite hard in the beggining, so at first I'd advise buying salvaging lasers and finding an ice planet, the ice crystals there sell for 500 piece and are quite abundant.

To think that when I first discovered that I could make a profit from buying minerals, separating them and making basic stuff from it in the particle press, I was so proud to get 10k credits in a few minutes... now this all seems like such a waste of time >_<

Hopefully the next versions will be a bit more fleshed out and balanced.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2013, 10:14:35 am »

I've played this game for a bit and it seems it's a lot more finished than this thread leads you to believe... We really need to get a server up and start some interstellar battles soon!

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2013, 05:09:28 pm »

Me thinks the real meat will come from player PVP faction in the game.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2013, 05:30:13 pm »

I've played this game for a bit and it seems it's a lot more finished than this thread leads you to believe... We really need to get a server up and start some interstellar battles soon!
That's one reason i wanted a B12 server. Battles, without having to start on someone without warning/having someone start on you.

Yeah, the multiplayer in this I think is where the fun is. Granted, I've been having fun in singleplayer...but you can't really have any battles or anything. Hopefully someone here puts a server up for us. :)
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2013, 06:20:46 pm »

A few good modders could make this game one hell of an interesting experience.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2013, 06:26:30 pm »

A server would be awesome, but my experiences on multiplayer have been... a bit mixed.

They lag like all hell, crash out, and there are thousands of drifting space hulks cluttering up spawn. Furthermore, when you leave the game (whether it be from a crash or having to leave for a bit), you pop out of your ship. I left my super awesome ship once to go eat dinner, returned in 15 minutes, and found that it had (A) drifted a km away from my spawn position and (B) been largely decompiled for scrap by scavengers.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2013, 01:56:34 am »

I think a B12 server would be pretty good at not scrapping peoples ship randomly. Plus I think you can throw on a faction block to make it uneditable by anyone who is not part of that faction.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2013, 03:19:52 am »

Does anybody know how to make a space station?

Mrnocamera

• Bay Watcher
  • Qualified.... Something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2013, 03:26:32 am »

I can't download it.   Java, your being stupider then usual.
Professional shut-in

You don't need to be good at video games anyway, right?

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2013, 03:37:38 am »

Does anybody know how to make a space station?
Shipcore and press B instead of X or is it M?
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2013, 04:15:16 am »

I'll try all the buttons and report back!
(This could be famous last words)

Did anybody else get the bright idea to land on a planet with way too weak thrusters?
Had to strip down most of my ship to get off the damn thing!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 181