Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325323 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile

Also, only a dwarf would need more than a million recharge anyways :P

ftfy
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aaaaugh the incorrect use of power blocks in that last pic of the station huuuuurts :P

It's only incorrect in small ships. Big ships have to do that. The tricks with power bricks breaks after around a million recharge.

I believe the million-recharge limit is only per group of power blocks. Once you're close to that, start a new group, that doesnt touch the first one. In a large ship, there is plenty of room for multiple groups to be built without touching each other.

Also, only a madman would need more than a million recharge anyways :P

I may have to fiddle with my carrier a bit then, but damn it's got power lines 400 blocks long. The xyz lengths are something like 400x80x70.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know if this is why the server lags/goes down sometimes.

But, my uncle briefly had his own server that I, my friend, couple cousins and uncle played on. Any time someone hit/rammed a planet (didn't matter the size of the ship), or a station...the fps would drop to 1 nearby, and major lag (or very high ping) for everyone else in other sectors. In fact, my family with help of my friend built a Star Destroyer (that I have saved as a blueprint)...and we went to a planet...it blew up the planet...the ship blew up...and the lag was so bad, they had to reset the universe. My uncle restarted it multiple times, but the lag was just too bad no matter where one went.

Not sure if it was the server, game or both...but may be why sometimes it gets laggy.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Hm it was shortly after I had docked a cruiser to my space station, and there was quite a lot of bumping involved. (Ever try to get the back of a ship lined up juuuuust right with a boarding platform?)  So that may have had something to do with it.  But by the time the server went down I was already finished, parked, outside and admiring my parallel parking job.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But I have no rearview mirrors!  Or sideview mirrors...or passenger door windows...or really anything that lets me see anywhere but straight ahead...
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But I have no rearview mirrors!  Or sideview mirrors...or passenger door windows...or really anything that lets me see anywhere but straight ahead...

Can you force the cockpits to look a different direction?

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

you can stick cockpit(s) various places, and use the left/right arrow keys to move between them. This helps a lot with the bigger ships.

(edit: Or do cockpits only look front? I thought you could stick them to the side...but actually, haven't done this yet.)
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

you can stick cockpit(s) various places, and use the left/right arrow keys to move between them. This helps a lot with the bigger ships.
That's a good idea, my recent fights with Lich and Lennon taught me that I definitely need more than 2 cockpits.  I could put one on each engine wing.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Huh, I tried logging onto the server, but it gets stuck on "logging in as Micro102", and never does anything.

Any ideas?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Server is currently down.  Science broke it.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know if this is why the server lags/goes down sometimes.

But, my uncle briefly had his own server that I, my friend, couple cousins and uncle played on. Any time someone hit/rammed a planet (didn't matter the size of the ship), or a station...the fps would drop to 1 nearby, and major lag (or very high ping) for everyone else in other sectors. In fact, my family with help of my friend built a Star Destroyer (that I have saved as a blueprint)...and we went to a planet...it blew up the planet...the ship blew up...and the lag was so bad, they had to reset the universe. My uncle restarted it multiple times, but the lag was just too bad no matter where one went.

Not sure if it was the server, game or both...but may be why sometimes it gets laggy.

Looks like someone else confirmed it. Made a thread about it on official forums. This may explain why the server had to be reset the previous time.

http://star-made.org/content/major-lag-and-broken-server-if-one-crashes-ship-planet-or-station

Something with collision detection or something.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile

How does one use a .sment file I put it in the blueprints folder but it not appearing
wait nvm i think it compressed I'm a idiot now to farm 4 million to have fun ship to mess with well when the server goes back up.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 09:02:58 pm by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I took a couple of pics of my ship.

The top is just the main gun and the generators. The version I'm actually flying has the ends of the generator strips wrap around which according to the wiki should give it more energy production but apparently straight lines work better now that I've actually tested it.

873424.4 Straight Lines
871920.3 Wraped around

Here's it with hull on it. I originally had two layers of hardened hull on it but I realized that at this size class AMCs will one hit the hull blocks no matter what so I toned it down to one layer of standard hull. I didn't redesign the engines though so I ended up with 2686 mass and 3502.4 thrust which makes it easier to strafe into a firing position than to actually turn around.

There are 4 cockpits stuck out at the back and one in the very front. When you're in a cockpit you can press right shift to move your view around. That's how I managed to get a lock on Greiger's ship while my ship was facing away from it.

I'd really like to know the exact numbers for how much energy it takes to refill a shield point. I'm not sure whether the energy or shield generators will give out first.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile

Hm it was shortly after I had docked a cruiser to my space station, and there was quite a lot of bumping involved. (Ever try to get the back of a ship lined up juuuuust right with a boarding platform?)  So that may have had something to do with it.  But by the time the server went down I was already finished, parked, outside and admiring my parallel parking job.
An easier way is to put a docking block (And required docking extenders) and fire your core beam (Default ship core 0) at it.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Its got turrets out the wazoo, can't dock a turreted ship unfortunately.  No chain docking allowed (yet!).

And ha! I was wondering how you hit me with that 2nd set of missiles, Leonon, that first missile you hit me with took out my cockpits and I was running around in my ship opening doors so I could see from my core out that big hole you put in the front of my ship.  I knew I was far away from the front of your ship, so I thought I had time to do that.  Seems I was wrong :P

Oh well even If I hadn't have hopped out of the core I wouldn't have seen the missiles to avoid them.  That was well played.  I'll have to remember that shift key trick.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 09:32:37 pm by Greiger »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 181