Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325294 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Love the Idea of a free for all zone.  Though at the moment there probably isn't much reason to go out there.  If people have stuff in all the 10s why not have it in the -10 and belows?

Believe it or not the negatives are more populated then the positives.

But yeah... I have no issue with that instead.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe it could be a bit further, like 15-25 or 20-30

I hope that I'm not going to lose my work in progress, the server went down as I was working on it and it doesn't seem to work when I save the design (last time I tried to buy it, it just went "nope, but thanks for the money").

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe it could be a bit further, like 15-25 or 20-30

I hope that I'm not going to lose my work in progress, the server went down as I was working on it and it doesn't seem to work when I save the design (last time I tried to buy it, it just went "nope, but thanks for the money").

Go into your blueprint folder, inside wherever your starmade folder is. Rename your SMD2 file (you might have two), to the appropriate name.

For example

ENTITY_SHIP_Covenant_MiningShip1point03.0.0.0.smd2

and the folder name is Covenant_MiningShip1point0...the last numbers before .smd2 are needed, but might be different for you. And I'm not sure if ENTITY_SHIP_ is required or not.

The problem is, if you save a blueprint...the smd2 file is named completely wrong and a bunch of gibberish. So, you buy the blueprint and it eats the money and you don't get the ship.

(edit: If that is confusing...

http://star-made.org/content/fixcatalog-issue-baught-ship-blueprint-wont-spawnfix

That pretty much explains it)
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

10 sectors even at 150 speed is still quite a significant way to go.

10,10,10 for example is not 10 sectors away from the start (even though it would be if the game let you take straight lines).

It is 30 sectors away.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile

You guys and your fancy ships  :P
I need to get to work on a real ship not just silly things made out of rock or maybe the rock should just be bigger hmmm

but i'm up for the pvp stuff wherever
Extra: oh right a pirate base is at -7 -2 8 if anyone wants to kill stuff.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 06:31:11 pm by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Atm, I only have a ship made of rock and salvage cannons.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I hope people understand that the PVP zone 10-20, 10-20, 10-20

Means that the zone starts at 10, 10, 10 and is any combination of 10 to 20 in each category.

So 10, 10, 8 isn't a pvp zone.

Also I suggest being careful. It isn't unusual for people to be able to shoot into the next sector.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile

Atm, I only have a ship made of rock and salvage cannons.
Dump the rock, it adds pointless mass. When I started out my ship was a single core with power and thrusters surrounded by salvage cannons.

I'd be happy to lend you a hand once the server comes back up.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I hope people understand that the PVP zone 10-20, 10-20, 10-20

Means that the zone starts at 10, 10, 10 and is any combination of 10 to 20 in each category.

So 10, 10, 8 isn't a pvp zone.

Also I suggest being careful. It isn't unusual for people to be able to shoot into the next sector.

I added this to the original post, just for clarification.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile

I believe a similar project on here and another on the starmade forums has already been started, but I believe I am going to contruct a space castle.

Any suggestions?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile

Make it movable. Oh, and have a Salvage cannon array on the bottom of the entire thing, to  be able to just mine entire worlds.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile

Make it movable. Oh, and have a Salvage cannon array on the bottom of the entire thing, to  be able to just mine entire worlds.
+1
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile

yes, yes, YES.

construction begins immediately, ill get all of my top dwarfineers working on this project!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aaaaugh the incorrect use of power blocks in that last pic of the station huuuuurts :P

It's only incorrect in small ships. Big ships have to do that. The tricks with power bricks breaks after around a million recharge.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aaaaugh the incorrect use of power blocks in that last pic of the station huuuuurts :P

It's only incorrect in small ships. Big ships have to do that. The tricks with power bricks breaks after around a million recharge.

I believe the million-recharge limit is only per group of power blocks. Once you're close to that, start a new group, that doesnt touch the first one. In a large ship, there is plenty of room for multiple groups to be built without touching each other.

Also, only a madman would need more than a million recharge anyways :P
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 181