Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325285 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks Greiger. I am on an android device at the moment. Copy paste is not easy. I do not know what the garbage function is in that program. If debris clouds, I would prefer if those stay.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Decided to see what would happen if I continually to attack a shop.

A small swarm of Isanths (or whatever they're called) appeared, three of my four turrets fired, I killed all of them by point blanking them with my non-homing missile launcher. Did it again, none of my turrets fired (are turrets buggy or something? None of them were damaged, and the BOBBY modules were active), and I found an Isanth that wasn't moving. So I opened it up, entered the core, and cataloged the design, since I couldn't find a way of buying them, and I want a cheap, good-looking ship for early on.

But the Isanth's stats are ridiculously horrible! They have only 4 shields, and the power is placed completely wrong! (I believe they were designed on a much older game version where power and shields worked very differently)
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile

why dont you make an updated version of the Isanth for server use?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't have time to build something too decent right now, so here are some very light ships that I had lying around in the ship catalog of my LAN server:

A very basic and small fighter, doesn't pack much punch at all and doesn't look all too interesting, but still has slightly better shields than the Isanth and makes a very decent ship to give pirates in the early game from my experience:

http://www.fileswap.com/dl/wPPeWMo3rM/

A larger ship (destroyer class in the classification system I'm following), with cannons, heat-seeking missiles, and targeting missiles. Still relatively small at a bit over 100 mass. Much tougher than an Isanth, I like having it as a pirate ship too. Also comes with a built-in faction module:

http://www.fileswap.com/dl/1wVm9cwBOW/

Again, not the best of ships, but at least something relatively decent for early game pirates and maybe even for early game players who don't want to build a ship themselves.

I recommend players who want to use one of these ships themselves to skip the fighter and go for the destroyer.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 10:01:15 am by Poltifar »
<@Akroma> eh

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Screenies?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Me and Lich had a duel near a star.  His Hyperion Cruiser vs my Broadsword Cruiser.

...Lich won.   Afterwards the server appears to have rewarded him by making him immune to sun damage.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, got some quick screenies of my above posted ships. Again, they are nothing impressive, at all. I just use them as better pirate ships compared to the Isanth.

EDIT: I think the faction module in the destroyer is hidden under the blue crystal under the ship core, if anyone decides to pilot it and wants to set its faction.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 01:57:34 pm by Poltifar »
<@Akroma> eh

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
  • Infernally rotten to the gore.
    • View Profile

Guys.

I broke the game.

Fuck the system.

Well, wanna know how?

I built a station in the sun. I achieved godhood, and neither my ships nor me is damaged by the sun.

So far its just a core, but awesome nevertheless:

The ship in background has holes since i salvaged it partially and had pvp battle with Greiger, its not the sun

Im totally making it faction home.
Also had pvp battle with Greiger and won, pics later.
Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.
BURNING SHIT AND EATING ROOSESSSSSS DDOFOFAOAARRRAHYYYE

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aaaaugh the incorrect use of power blocks in that last pic of the station huuuuurts :P

Though a question about server rules: What are the rules for PvP? Only allowed when mutually agreed on, or can I be a pirate gunning down people for ransom/loots? :P
<@Akroma> eh

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile

Great, now it seems like we will have our own equivalent to the guardian from master of Orion.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The pvp rules are : only when mutually agreed.

By the way, Poltifar, I like the lighting inside your destroyer !

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Whatever you've done its really hurting the server. o.o

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Server crash.

Dont think it was relating to me and lich building stations in two different suns, but you never know...

Also had pirates attack my shortly after i started working on it in the suns core.

Most of them popped on their own, i had to engage one of em.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 181