Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325245 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Its... unstable. Alpha is alpha I guess, but it seems to crash now after an hour or so no matter what I do.

I may have to restart the world.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Ohh well :P

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It sucks, I lost a lot of time and effort with a vehicle I didn't save properly, but if there is nothing we can do about it... Thems the breaks.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Its back up for now but if it keeps going down I may have no choice. I can't babysit it like this.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

I lost very little actually. I'm very surprised, as I built a structure, and then build a turret on top of it, then built another structure, and another turret.
Both structures are still there, and both turrets are gone. Apparently the roll back affected ships, but not so much planets. I still don't know if shops or stations were also affected.

EDT: Actually come to think of it, if somethings were rolled back and others not, that would easily explain why you had some database errors.
EDIT2: Also, Neon, your ship is back on my planet waiting for you if you need it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am banking on the server being reset Max, so there is no point in going back for it. I saved the ship I needed to save.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Yeah due to increasing instability I'd recommend everyone saves their ship designs now.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Everybody is pretty much getting ready for a server restart, so you might as well go ahead with it.

Restart checklist:
~Save your ship design!
~Your inventory is client side, so it is likely you will maintain everything you are holding. Grab anything you will need.
~Your location is also local, so be aware that it is likely you will spawn in the middle of space with no ship. Best bet is to head back to 2,2,2 or carry the stuff needed to build a new ship.
~Once in the new game, get to a shop and reset your spawn point! Otherwise when you die you will likely be stuck in space.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

I'll be resetting the server in just under an hour so make your final preparations. Server will go down at midnight EST

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Everyone logged out so I went ahead and reset it.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Yay everything is so fresh and new!  And the shop doesn't have a hole in it!

I see inventories are reset too, but that's all well and good with me.

EDIT: Aww designs are gone too.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

even locally saved ones?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Nope I derped :)

Thanks for the reset!  Everything is fresh new and shiny.  Ripe for the strip mining!
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The front is coming along nicely. You can see the big doors. I want to color code the two hangars but not sure of the best way. Right now the inside is very plain. The back of the carrier has a big 30x40? or 40x50? internal door/passage connecting the two bays. The big docks are done. It can hold roughly a 60x50x390 ship in each dock, but that's with no wiggle room. Ships that size might get stuck. I will probably make an emergency dock crossing both top decks that could hold a twin of itself, or whatever max dimensions I find. Power is being a pain and not budging much over 1.2 million recharge.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 11:51:16 pm by BigD145 »

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile

So how does this game handle ships docking? It sounds rather... bumpy. I figured I'd make a mobile base and dock a few personal ships for my various uses.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 181