Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325084 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early alpha) (we have a multi server!)
« Reply #2505 on: August 13, 2015, 08:47:51 am »

Well, the shield drain and power drain got nerfed into the ground so there's not much point in actually using them anymore. I mean, if you've updated. (On the server I'm playing on, the update was immediately reverted because anyone who logged in found themselves half a galaxy away from where they were when they logged out... And there still hasn't been a patch to fix it.)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: August 13, 2015, 09:05:35 am »

I started on playing on Shattered Skies server. Pretty neat Rp environment at start with starter ship.
Not encouraged people to get money with votes or crap like that.
I be there if someone likes to join up or vice versa on some other server.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: August 13, 2015, 10:40:50 am »

I grew to dislike elwyn's modded config. also, there's not much to do. either enemy faction are too strong or to far away or cannon fodder. no real challenges around to be found.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: August 14, 2015, 04:09:47 am »

I've got a free Steam key for StarMade. PM me if you want it. No Escaped Lunatics. :)

Edit: Claimed.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 04:23:08 am by BuriBuriZaemon »
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

evilnancyreagan

• Bay Watcher
  • not regular type
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: August 17, 2015, 10:03:43 pm »

Starmade's currently in the bottom tier of the Humble Weekly Bundle- if you wanted a full retail copy, now's an easy way to pay what you want for it.

Done. Time to play :)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: September 02, 2015, 08:18:35 pm »

Whoa. StarMade has shipyards that can repair ships. It's still shaping up, albeit slowly.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: September 02, 2015, 08:28:05 pm »

I think theyve got the funding, but just not the manpower to move it along to quickly

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: September 02, 2015, 08:32:07 pm »

Not being able to repair holes via recipe was always a downer.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: September 02, 2015, 10:08:02 pm »

"From the Depths" has useful mechanics for repairing constructs. Little repair bots that fly about and tentacles that sprout from your characters back and blocks that do the same. Having something similar in Starmade would be very useful and make combat much less of a hassle afterwards, especially if you have complex inner systems.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: September 02, 2015, 11:42:17 pm »

Crap, I wasn't aware you can shove asteroids around. That's annoying when I want to make my first "base" two inches away from the Shop as I keep bumping into it.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: September 03, 2015, 01:47:54 am »

"From the Depths" has useful mechanics for repairing constructs. Little repair bots that fly about and tentacles that sprout from your characters back and blocks that do the same. Having something similar in Starmade would be very useful and make combat much less of a hassle afterwards, especially if you have complex inner systems.

from the depth blocks are part of the ship model even after shot off, starmade blocks are erased immediately as they gets destroyed, the engine doesn't track dead blocks.

I don't know how effective that optimization is, but I do know that starmade servers can handle dozen of persons and from the depths lag with two people in lan.

anyway, shipyards are there, and they can rebuild a ship to it's former template. you just dock, select the template, shipyard list missing and living blocks and add the one which miss and repairs the one with low health.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: September 03, 2015, 01:57:17 am »

Shipyards seem pretty great, but for the moment, they have some serious bugs.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: September 04, 2015, 05:57:15 am »

Got an itch to play this again, but it looks like the EE server we were playing on is gone now. Anyone playing on a different server? I browsed the server list for a bit but the multiplayer side of this game seems almost as dead as SE multiplayer, most servers were empty or had 1 - 2 people on them.

An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: September 04, 2015, 06:01:30 am »

I've an idea for a server I'd like to play but I'd need some help with maintaining the config, anyone wants to team up?

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: November 14, 2015, 04:03:40 pm »

Been playing on a server that has quite a bit of work done to it without big changes to the config (I think laser range is decreased more but damage buffed - hard to hit at long range with lasers anyways due to not being able to hold it still for long enough to register a tick).

http://starmadedock.net/threads/mushroom-fleet-shogunate-season-2-november-2015-february-2016.21666/

Pretty easy to steal currency blocks from pirates with the right set-up, I made a logic-miner for eating planets while AFK so resources are less grindy to get, also won the equivalent of 25 billion credits as well. Look up Bee-one-two faction or PM Crashmaster if you want to drop by. I've got a large asteroid to turn into a base.
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 181