Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325198 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Can't you do that with "C" ? I think that it works both in ships and on foot, it basically resets your orientation. Otherwise, you can use artificial gravity.

I think it is 'Z' and 'X', which since I found out they tilt the ship, I have been using rather than ctrl+mouse.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Bigger hallways may be best if yer planning on having your ship autopilot or on AI control in the future.  I set my ship to AI control fighting a pirate because it couldn't penetrate my shields and I wanted to walk around the ship and watch the fight from the windows.

It worked in all the big rooms, but when I stepped into the thin 2x1 halls leading to the thruster struts I got stuck in spawn protection and was thrown from my ship.  Seems moving ships need lots of space in their interior halls.

I ended up chasing it around for half an hour as it slowly killed the pirate. (1 hit every 200 shots or so, AI has terrible accuracy either that or it expects the center of the reticle to be where the bullets come from.)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile

From hat I've experienced, narrow corridors causes the game to assume your stuck if you move against a wall so it teleports you out of the obstruction. I had narrow 2x1 doors in my ship but opened them up to 2x2 doors after that happened a few times. Also helps with if my ship is tilted I can still get through without removing the surrounding walls.

As for moving around your ship while it's moving, that would be really neat. At the moment the game doesn't count you as being inside a moving object when you exit the ship core so your suddenly stationary while the surrounding ship is still moving. Unless the gravity blocks counter that.

Can't you do that with "C" ? I think that it works both in ships and on foot, it basically resets your orientation. Otherwise, you can use artificial gravity.

I think it is 'Z' and 'X', which since I found out they tilt the ship, I have been using rather than ctrl+mouse.

Your right, Z and X rotate. C turns yourself or your ship around so it's upright and orientated in a certain direction.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bigger hallways may be best if yer planning on having your ship autopilot or on AI control in the future.  I set my ship to AI control fighting a pirate because it couldn't penetrate my shields and I wanted to walk around the ship and watch the fight from the windows.

Please explain how you got the Bobby AI module to work properly, been having problems with that.
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

NineFourEightSeven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The AI modules seem to only work when there is a faction module in the same ship or turret it's in.
It's where it gets its target information from, so it knows who's an enemy to you, which pirates are by default.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Interesting, can you make the AI follow your ship?
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

NineFourEightSeven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

From what I've seen, no.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Yea you need a faction module and AI in all related ships.  Set the AI to ship if it controls a ship, turret if it's controlling a turret.   As a bonus a faction module prevents friendly fire, making Turrets more viable.

And sadly no, the AI cannot follow your ship.  They remain stationary when there is nothing to kill, when there is something to kill they burst into action.

Carriers are possible, but they will not automatically re-dock, and you must dock them all manually, resetting the AI each time. At least you can launch them from your cockpit, which is nice, but otherwise it's too much of a PITA for a mobile ship in my opinion, but probably great for starbases.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am sad the server is down  :'(

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Had a power outage at the server. It will be back up after (yet another) update.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What are the dimensions of that enormous ship (still under construction) at 0,0,0?

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Something like 1000 * 1000 * Oh My Fucking God! I can't see the whole thing!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nah, can't be. I'm stretching my patience with a carrier that will dock two 50x50x400 ships in separate hangars and it might be bigger.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile

50x40x400? holy schmidt, my carrier (WIP) only carrys ships 21x21x15 (or something like that)
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile

Wow, this game actually looks neat. I'll give it a try, and maybe check on the multiplayer server later.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 181