Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 324975 times)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nothing beyond acces to later upgrades. Its similar fare to King Arthurs Gold where the free game stops being developed at some point and only paid customers get the newest version.
However the game is not complete enough for the paid version to pop up yet so all you get for paying is the knowledge you are helping the dev with completing the game.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Buying now gives you the game when it becomes 'paid only' in the future.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The price has also been periodically increasing, as in the KSP or Minecraft model of pricing, as development proceeds. It was $3 when I bought it, and is up to $9.99 now, and judging by the Starmade website will likely eventually reach $15. (They have $15 crossed out and $10 written underneath, and $10 is the price on Steam as well, although Valve takes a cut if you buy it on Steam).
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I logged in on ElwynEternity a few minutes ago (then logged out, and back in again to make sure), and everything in (2,2,2) appears to have disappeared, the spawn station and the shop both. I used the map to locate another nearby shop and flew there, and it was completely invisible, but I could still buy stuff from it. After about a minute my view started spinning wildly while I was buying things. Apparently part of it decided to rez in, and it just happened to be the part I had parked inside.

(At this point, having bought 100 cores, I took the three blocks from the ship apart and logged out because something seems seriously broken.)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm playing single player right now, and I have put multiple salvage beams (five 5-block-long guns) but when I shoot them unfocused, only one of them seems to actually eat blocks (maybe using the whole array for damage calc, not sure). And not even the same one, it varies depending on angle or whatever.

Anyone else noticed this? Is this a bug, a feature, lag?

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile

I'm playing single player right now, and I have put multiple salvage beams (five 5-block-long guns) but when I shoot them unfocused, only one of them seems to actually eat blocks (maybe using the whole array for damage calc, not sure). And not even the same one, it varies depending on angle or whatever.

I had the same problem in single player (almost made a post about it too). I never figured out what the problem was or how to fix it, I just started playing on the multiplayer server and everything works there (maybe because they modded salvagers to be super effective?)

Sorry It's not more help, but at least you know it's not just you.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

finally joined the faction, made a small factory on the station. finally I have all the power reactors I want :P
Also, carving all the rock I mine. turning junk into (not much) money!

Currently all the factory blocks are just scattered on the small platform we have. Should I remove them after I am done manufacturing?

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I actually did teh exact same thing only with 80 salvage beams forming a giant wall.
It was designed for strip mining and it works weird because indeed some of the beams simply dont work.
No idea why.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, well at least now I know.
I'd have to check making a dedicated server.

Anyway, I found a nice way to get a cheap temporary "station" is to take the nearest asteroid from the starting shop, build a rock bridge all the way to where the trader guy is, and then make a platform (actually, I have it oriented with the trader area, but as far away as I get the "buy" icon. That way I know I can extend it towards the trading station all I want). Of course that's only until I get moneys for a proper station with Build Block and all the perks.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile

finally joined the faction, made a small factory on the station. finally I have all the power reactors I want :P
Also, carving all the rock I mine. turning junk into (not much) money!

Currently all the factory blocks are just scattered on the small platform we have. Should I remove them after I am done manufacturing?

Unless someone deleted it I have a big factory set up on the station.

Just go into a build box, press C on the factory you want to use, then shift-V on the big pile of factory enhancer cubes (to link it to all of them) then start production.

Just remember to deactivate production when you're done because it uses all the power.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

oh, wow. I am not sure how I missed that huge cube. Pity, I was having fun building my own :P

that will surely make refining rock much faster, and it will avoid me stripping the shop of all its enhancers.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

If you need more enhancers, its just as easy to make them.

Ill probably be out of commission for a couple weeks. Feel free to turn my stealth jump barge into a proper cloaking transport and tour the galaxy trading for profit.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I actually did teh exact same thing only with 80 salvage beams forming a giant wall.
It was designed for strip mining and it works weird because indeed some of the beams simply dont work.
No idea why.

Are the different lines of arrays adjacent (except diagonally) to each other? If so, the game usually treats the entire block as one array.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

I'm going to be renovating the station.  Going to be removing ships from all docking rails as I do so.  Factory and power portions will be out of commission for awhile after I get to them.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I might just be rediscovering the wheel here, but still thought I'd share.

Not sure if this applies to other components like shield, but when powering factories, it seems they can only pull energy from capacitors, not reactors. They can pull 1000 energy from each capacitor each cycle regardless of total capacity. You get 500 energy... let's call it "throughput", included in your ship/station/whatever, so if you have 2 capacitors, you get 2500 energy/cycle.

I say "cycle" but I really mean whatever it's called when the progress bar fills. Because having more enhancers means a single bar will do several cycles. I think.

Huh.

EDIT: Each factory or enhancer seems to flat need 500 of this "energy" cycle thing. So, you need 1 capacitor for every 2 crafting modules, plus one crafting module support for free. (of course you still need enough Power Reactors to fill them fast enough).
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 05:42:46 pm by Sergius »
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 181