Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325284 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Re: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early alpha) (we have a multi server!)
« Reply #1980 on: July 15, 2014, 11:33:56 am »

Has the legit method of acquiring resources changed? Last I remember it was a long process of collecting specific types of resources to meld into far too few blocks for building.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: July 15, 2014, 01:25:56 pm »

Yes and no. Cubatoms basically let you print money, and they've been in for a good long while, but will likely be gone or not exploitable like this anymore when the mining/crafting/fabricating system goes in, since I talked with Calbiri and Schema to let them know just how exploitable it was (after which they designed the new factory stuff they've been working on). I haven't tested the new stuff myself, or seen the design, though.

Longer explanation:
Since cubatoms were added, you've been able to create anything you wanted from a few credits worth of blocks which any shop sells. You can make a faction module for 2 credits.

This is output from a program I wrote a couple months ago to find cheap and (reasonably) simple combinations:
Can fabricate Faction Module ($100000) (recipe Medantplaany (M2S0T3)) from a 3-cubatom combination: Refine Negantgasdra (M0S0T2C0) from Ice and Ligbasgasdra (M1S2T2C0) from Lava to get Lignulplains (M1S1T3C1) and fabricate that in combination with Medantsolins (M2S0T0C1) from Ice. Total Cost: $2.

100,000 credits is only the listed value for Faction Modules. In practice you can usually get 2 to 3 times that when you sell them.

I have literally logged onto a server for the first time ever, and acquired tens of millions of credits before I had even built a ship or gone anywhere, in a couple of minutes. Aside: it helps to have a macro to click 255 times in a row, because the cubatom interface requires you to click for every single operation (in other words, you need a macro to mass-produce anything unless you want an RSI).
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 01:28:29 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: August 22, 2014, 12:07:45 am »

few updates in the last month, slow progress development but regular updates.  New ore types, shards, enhancements to planets and asteroids, new factory and a new mini space station.  Some AI tweaks.  New production chains and new modules so they are moving ahread but the small player base means theres only a few on the servers, singleplayer is still a bit simple.  Its a enjoyable play

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: August 22, 2014, 07:42:33 am »

I still find this game too complex to understand. Well, without any easy way of learning it.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: August 22, 2014, 09:23:31 am »

Thankfully, as an alpha, there are ways to get a handle on the systems in-game through admin commands, I advise that a new player shut off or dumb down the pirates, and abuse the hell out of the /give_ commands to get a solid foundation.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: August 29, 2014, 12:34:42 am »

yeah with a few more hands on development this game could really be a very good game, but the slow dev time and the lack of long term players means sales are down and develoment just limps along.  Its very playable currently but as said has a steep learning curve

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: August 29, 2014, 12:47:27 am »

Problem for me is it has no good challenges and no scope. Game is quite fleshed out otherwise

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: September 01, 2014, 07:20:39 pm »

yeah with a few more hands on development this game could really be a very good game, but the slow dev time and the lack of long term players means sales are down and develoment just limps along.  Its very playable currently but as said has a steep learning curve
It could probably do with more publicity, which it'll only really get once it's easier to pick up for people new.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: September 01, 2014, 07:27:04 pm »

youtube videos seem to still be quite common but yes gameplay related improvements do need boosting to get attention

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: September 01, 2014, 08:10:08 pm »

The revised weapon mechanics are especially brutal, there are many possible combinations, and to make effective heavy weapons takes a phenomenal number of blocks.  I really like StarMade and hope that it continues to grow, but right now I can't stomach working on a ship, there are just too many factors to consider in construction for me right now.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: September 01, 2014, 10:18:33 pm »

I feel like it's being developed with multiple people working on one ship in mind. Which I'm totally okay with, because it's a cool-as-fuck idea.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: September 01, 2014, 10:19:24 pm »

Whelp... now that Notch abandoned his space game...

It makes Starmade the unquestionable king of its niche once more...

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: September 01, 2014, 10:21:00 pm »

I'd love to build a couple of multi-person ships, then battle them. If only I had the attention span to set up a server that works properly.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: September 08, 2014, 07:48:13 pm »

its a good idea, but theres a lack of activity, it slipped through capitialising on its youtube surge last year, i guess they are going steady as she goes

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: September 11, 2014, 11:12:11 am »

Any wiki with updated weapon information? Wanted to know missile speed especially.
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 181