Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325306 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile

The only one I know people usually like is increased max speed from 50 to 100. That's worked well in the past.

It was 150 on the old server.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile

How's Starmade nowadays? I haven't tried it in ages, has much changed?
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The last update (0.14)'s changelog is here: http://oldsite.star-made.org/content/starmade-014-release

There are more changes coming in the next update (Which is in development and there are builds for testing it while it's being developed). This post from a month ago lists what's in it (and I believe things are further along now than they were when that was posted, too, although I haven't been following closely): http://starmadedock.net/threads/small-status-update.549/
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile

AW GOD YES SERVER UP
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Joyous! If I'm lucky, I might even be able to join. And show you all my neat new ships :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile

I grabbed a nice desert world for my new base of operations, it now sports a dock large enough to fit an Avatar II cruiser and a very small room for all the important blocks.  Since the shops are capped at 10 million creds it will likely be a while before I can field an Eidolon, this is problematic as the pirates on Forsaken's new server are the most vicious I have ever seen.

Late edit: And Eidolon is on deck, now I can clear out those scurvy bastards in style and safety.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 03:29:04 am by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Finally, proper lasers!

And rapid-fire AMC. The standard AMC just doesn't do it for me :c
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I do hesitate to touch the server because weapon changes and dodeca planets will change everything.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile

Well, I was on when the sever crashed. I was only tearing apart my third station when it went down.

Still nobody on....
I do hesitate to touch the server because weapon changes and dodeca planets will change everything.

YOU'RE ONLY DELAYING THE INEVITABLE OF BUILDING EVERYTHING!!!!! JUST GO ON AND BUILD!!!!

Finally, proper lasers!

And rapid-fire AMC. The standard AMC just doesn't do it for me :c

Then your AMC's were not big enough...
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Oh, they were big enough. Sometimes a little excessive, really.

Sometimes, though, the smaller things in life need to be the quickest.

[Edit]

Question: Anyone know if there's a pre-release available for the current dev cycle yet?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 05:31:20 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
Re: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early alpha) (we have a multi server!)
« Reply #1962 on: June 07, 2014, 01:22:31 pm »

So, Schema's done it.  All your ships are broken, all of them.  Your weapons will need to be completely redesigned, likely your ships will need to be completely redesigned.  The new system is fairly straightforward, you require the base weapon (AMC, Dumbfire Missile, Beam, Pulse), then you need a support weapon of equivalent size, then you may desire a support system again, of equivalent size.  I look forward to seeing what Bay 12 can do with this new toy.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: June 07, 2014, 02:54:00 pm »

Honestly? This update is making me quit the game. The developers seem to have crossed the line between bearable mistakes and utter incompetence. My shields drain all my power so I'm incapable of moving at all. Beam weapons are a complete disappointment. Weapons without slaves are utter garbage; tweaking weapons is not a "choice" it's mandatory. Shield power is ridiculous. And I'm running out of energy long before I even break through the shields.

A block of AMCs deals 23,500 damage in a single shot, but it takes 3 seconds to reload and the projectile can be outrun in a core. A block of 1,000 missiles deals 750,000 damage but takes 935,000 power to fire at all. That may sound like a lot of damage but considering my previously 1,200,000 shield supply runner now has upwards of FORTY MILLION shield...

Did I mention range? My weapons barely reach 1000m from the front of my ship.

I'm sorry, but this is too much. I'm going to go support a game where the developers actually know what they're doing.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 03:03:56 pm by Blaze »

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: June 07, 2014, 06:17:00 pm »

I think you're overreacting Blaze. I understand the frustration, but this is an ENTIRELY NEW weapon system so dont get angry if it doesn't work right off the bat. Granted, when I first saw the post on the new idea on what to do with the weapon system I was thrilled at the possibilities. Now seeing the execution was a little bit off. The 1:1 ratio of weapon support block to actual weapon block is insane. I'm not a small ship fan, but I see it as a deterrent for ANY small ships.

I hope Schema works out the system with more of a range to it, instead of a 1:1 block ratio plus the system support computer on top of it.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 181