Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325657 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early alpha) (we have a multi server!)
« Reply #1410 on: August 27, 2013, 04:40:57 pm »

I'm having troubles connecting to the server right now, anyone else experiencing this? I was getting some error messages about the server being on a different version than me 30 minutes ago, if that also helps.

Forsaken probably hasn't updated yet.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: August 27, 2013, 05:05:04 pm »

This player shop thing was exactly why my base was made.  But now I don't have to do everything through that shop I grew my base out of like a malignant tumor.

I will definitely be logging in as soon as I can (the server seems down now) Might even expand out and put franchises in strategic locations!
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: August 27, 2013, 05:38:12 pm »

Assuming shops would work on ships, this would be the perfect reason to implement my idea of a multi-faction station with docked ship modules  owned by various factions. Or, since Schema said something about ownership data and whatnot, maybe it would be possible to put the shop blocks directly on the station (if someone owns the station in question, we might need some permission blocks too). It might be good to have some docked ship modules to hold chests for back inventory.

If this works out, we should be able to create Bay 12's First Galactic Market.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1413 on: August 27, 2013, 05:45:03 pm »

Server updated and up

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: August 27, 2013, 06:08:32 pm »

Ok, I think I'll give it another try at the game next weekend. Anyone have a decent startup tutorial? Ideally that does not involve a lot of boring grinding to get low amounts of money before actually being able to make decent amounts of money? It reminds me of the poorest starts in the X series, and that's just boring. :P
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: August 28, 2013, 12:20:32 pm »

Greiger Manufacturing has been partially remodeled using new technology!

Greiger Manufacturing now includes 2 new small vessel public docks, and the entire docking wing has been upgraded for public use.  Also, 4 of the station's 6 capital size berths have been repainted for public use.  Please use the purple marked areas for your docking needs.

Greiger Manufacturing also now features a small public factory, with temporary storage!  Get recipes from pirate stations but don't have a base of your own to try out crafting?  Well now you can use the public crafting area for all your amateur manufacturing needs!  Just follow the white line from the central hub for garunteed crafting pleasure!  (Greiger Manufacturing is not responsible for items lost in the public manufacturing area)

Greiger Manufacturing, at -7, -6, -8. "We improve when we feel like it."
*"garunteed" does not in any way shape or form imply a guarantee.  Greiger Manufacturing is a factory, and we cannot guarantee the safety of any users who cross any red lines into non public areas while under the effects of a gravity block.

EDIT: It seems building a shop block near an existing shop overwrites the old shop losing the inventory.  So the shop at Greiger Manufacturing will continue to be trading guild owned until I finish buying it out.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 01:16:12 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: August 28, 2013, 02:08:33 pm »

I like this new update. Now I too can run a ridiculous shopping planet. Thursday or so... then I should be getting internet
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: August 28, 2013, 02:33:28 pm »

We're all going to own shops and they're going to become totally pointless, xD.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: August 28, 2013, 02:34:14 pm »

EDIT: It seems building a shop block near an existing shop overwrites the old shop losing the inventory.  So the shop at Greiger Manufacturing will continue to be trading guild owned until I finish buying it out.
I was worried that might be a problem. Though I wonder if it might not be limited to a certain distance. If I recall correctly, the actually shop part of the shop is only accessible from the middle; if you go down to the ends, I don't think it works, so it might theoretically be possible to build a station large enough to accommodate two or more shops.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: August 28, 2013, 02:43:26 pm »

I had my shop block placed one one side of the station and the natural shop was on the other, no matter where I went the only shop I could access was my own, even at distances and directions where I should have been out of range of my shop, while being in range of the natural one.

When I removed the shop block the origonal became accessible though, so I wasn't completely right, the old shop isn't destroyed it just becomes inaccessible until the new one is removed.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: August 28, 2013, 02:45:37 pm »

One shop per sector rule, I assume. Same with stations. Thankfully, my station orbits right on the edge of a sector, about 600m from a NPC one. Woop woop.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: August 28, 2013, 02:47:14 pm »

This shop block makes me desire decorative blocks like weapons racks and display cases so very badly... :)
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: August 28, 2013, 07:09:45 pm »

I'm in the market for glass blocks, blue hull, and white hull. I am willing to do a 1:1 trade for hardened white and purple hull blocks for each of the blocks I need.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: August 28, 2013, 11:55:19 pm »

I have a few new pictures. Really not a whole lot, since I wasn't really on that long and spend most of the time modifying my Jotun fighter some more, but there they are and here are the prettiest:

I'm in the market for glass blocks, blue hull, and white hull. I am willing to do a 1:1 trade for hardened white and purple hull blocks for each of the blocks I need.
You never said you had hardened purple blocks! If I had known that, I'd have probably been willing to trade you more stuff.
Glory to Arstotzka!

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: August 29, 2013, 04:48:01 am »

Oh, woops. Sorry. But hey, the offer still stands, :P
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 181