Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325663 times)

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
Re: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early alpha) (we have a multi server!)
« Reply #1395 on: August 26, 2013, 12:30:44 pm »

I found it really annoying running out of blocks and not being able to buy/order them at stations. I don't like the method of making a cube thing, then buying it repeatedly from blueprints or whatever. It's just base work. Do you guys know if there's any plans for making this easier?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: August 26, 2013, 12:35:20 pm »

Go dismantle a station if you need basic hull.

And there's always crafting.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: August 26, 2013, 01:01:15 pm »

The problem with trying to do the crafting system so far is that this is an alpha. Until Bizzaro Toady fixes the crafting and recipes to where he wants them it's not really worth it unless you get a god like recipe. I just prefer to do the big blocks because its faster and I get more what I exactly need.

If you dont like that as Sean said find a space station and rip it to pieces.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: August 26, 2013, 02:34:22 pm »

Crafting is weird... when I tried right-clicking on Decompose (or whatever its name was) it let me select the amount of soil I wanted to... and from then on it would ONLY let me decompose Soil no matter what I selected.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: August 26, 2013, 04:59:15 pm »

So I bought a Verizon hotspot due to moving temporarily to an area where a regular connection is not completely feasible. It gives me 10Gigs of bandwidth per month.

How much Bandwidth does Starmade use?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: August 26, 2013, 07:56:24 pm »

Crafting is weird... when I tried right-clicking on Decompose (or whatever its name was) it let me select the amount of soil I wanted to... and from then on it would ONLY let me decompose Soil no matter what I selected.

The problem seems to be in closing the cubatoms menu with something selected in one of the drop down menus or the refining table. It doesn't clear that selection, and won't accept new selections after reopening the menu.

Well, I could be horribly wrong because I haven't updated in three weeks, but that's my problem with it.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: August 26, 2013, 08:26:43 pm »

The problem seems to be in closing the cubatoms menu with something selected in one of the drop down menus or the refining table. It doesn't clear that selection, and won't accept new selections after reopening the menu.

Well, I could be horribly wrong because I haven't updated in three weeks, but that's my problem with it.
There have been three or four updates since then.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: August 27, 2013, 02:28:08 pm »

I have made a decision. I am going to delete everything I have, ships, station, faction, and start over, with all my moneys, somewhere else.

The Facekillzian Void Guard, which is really just a stupid name, will be reborn as the StarTrans Inc. Because with the new shop system and L5 ore drops being gimped, player economy is going to become more important than ever. Also, I just realized that Player Shops can be used to store credits. Of course, unless the server is reset somehow, most of us already have the credit cap and the economy is shot to hell by BP abuse.

I vote that, upon BP abuse being changed, we reset the server so that we don't have the distinct few of us being mega money overlords, whilst new players are stuck in tiny ships for ages.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: August 27, 2013, 03:02:20 pm »

I'm not sure what BP abuse means (I generally bad with acronyms), but I do hate that the current implementation of the game requires you to have a significant amount of a resource to be able to buy a crafting recipe for it, or have raided enough pirate stations to get said recipe, and then you need a shit-ton of some other resource to make all that worth it.

As it stands, the only way to get a significant amount of resources is to raid pirate base or dismantle a ship, since shops always have very small quantities of anything you need in stock. Because of this, money isn't really much good for anything but spawning in ships.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: August 27, 2013, 03:17:56 pm »

The random blueprint mechanic is rather flawed. It needs to be less... well, random. The ore progressions were good enough, and it doesn't make sense to be crafting rocks and ice anyway.

So, for instance, basic and angled hull block recipes should be: a random amount of a random base mineral, 1-2 random tech components of variable amounts, and a random amount of dye of matching color.
Reinforced hull block recipes would have a random amount of base hull blocks, some random tech components, and extra tech components if the block type was not matching (i.e. making wedges from full blocks), as well as a random amount of matching color dye if the blocks used were not of matching color.

That kind of thing. Not completely fixed, and not completely random, making just enough sense to be passable.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: August 27, 2013, 03:39:07 pm »

Quote from: schema
Hello and welcome to StarMade,

This update has got a great new feature: Players can now manage their own shops from their space station and their planets.

Hotfix#1:

Sorry, there was a compatibility issue with the new shop feature for old station/planet data.
The new update should fix it and it should make the stuff reappear. If not please take the data from your backup from before the patch

Personal Shops

The new Shop Module (buy it in the space station category in the normal shops) converts any space station or planet into a shop. Once you place it down the [SHOP] sign will appear in the top right like with normal shops.

Shops have their own ownership data, so the first thing you want to do is to open up the shop panel and press "Edit". Shops can only be edited if you either are an owner, or if there is currently no owner. You can put more owners if you like. Destroying the shop will get rid of all ownership, as well as all items and cash inside it so be sure to either use it on your home base, or have good protection. One good thing is that the position of the module does not matter, so you can hide it deep in your station.

Another new thing is, that prices now can be not only be credits, but also blocks themselves.

If you are the owner of a shop, you can edit the price for every single item: The "edit price" button will appear in the owned shop if you press on an item (under the buy quantity button).

Owner are excepted from the normal "buy/sell" procedure, they can put and take items from the shop 1:1.

Also, shops now have their own credits. While NPC shops will get more money over time to refill, player shops have to be filled with credits for them to be able to give credits for blocks.

Withdrawal/deposit of credits can also be done in the "edit shop" panel.

I hope there won't be too many bugs with this feature, but server admins should please hold on to their backups in case there is an exploit.

Now THAT's cool.

This makes me want to set up trading outposts throughout the galaxy so bad.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 03:44:41 pm by Glloyd »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: August 27, 2013, 04:17:07 pm »

My carrier was basically intended for this, I just got burnt out building it. The update to the faction block was also necessary. Now we just need directional docking beams. Might also need a trade beacon block to find big trading ships.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 04:27:36 pm by BigD145 »

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: August 27, 2013, 04:37:51 pm »

BP Abuse is basically buying a ship and dismantling it over and over again in order to get materials.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: August 27, 2013, 04:39:10 pm »

I'm having troubles connecting to the server right now, anyone else experiencing this? I was getting some error messages about the server being on a different version than me 30 minutes ago, if that also helps.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 181