Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325763 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early alpha) (we have a multi server!)
« Reply #1260 on: August 10, 2013, 12:18:56 pm »

I have seen two natural bases in one sector.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: August 10, 2013, 01:33:51 pm »

Speaking of too many stations in one sector, I actually have two in mine. The station I placed first and tried to remove came back as a zombie.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Insert_Name

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: August 10, 2013, 07:29:14 pm »

Personal weapons are in, gentlemen. Unfortunately, it appears that only new players will get them.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 07:31:52 pm by Insert_Name »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: August 10, 2013, 07:31:29 pm »

Well, I started building a ship. So far to go...
Highly Opinionated Fool

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: August 10, 2013, 09:05:15 pm »

Personal weapons aye? Now only if we get alien NPCs.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: August 10, 2013, 11:49:18 pm »

Pirates in the pirate station?

Boarding action!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: August 11, 2013, 12:00:55 am »

Pirates in the pirate station?

Talking about pirate stations, I just ripped apart one and received 3 recipes with a log book.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: August 11, 2013, 12:17:53 am »

Do we even need the old recipes with the new crafting?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: August 11, 2013, 01:17:46 am »

Well, I'd say they could at least be used to produce things automatically through factories, but this DOES make them quite a bit less useful.

Also, since I can't log into the server, I chose to update to the next-latest version, which apparently didn't help much. I played with the pulsator weapons a bit. Not especially useful, especially since it appears the bubble they make does not travel with the ship as it moves (so you won't be able to zap somebody who's in motion), and basically can't shove anything that the weapon's output block isn't touching unless you make the weapon BIG. At least on the y-axis.

I also followed a fleet of traders-guild ships around for a bit until my game crashed. They're kind of majestic, until they all decide to stop at a point and hover around it for a while. Then they're more like a swarm of really fat, stupid gnats, ramming each-other. After that, they chose a direction and kept moving until the only ships left in the group were two identical Pillar combat Frigates (which aren't exactly impressive in any combat situation, mind.) and me. The rest were either moving too fast or too slow, and the fleet strung itself out until everyone else vanished.

Pics of majesticness:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I make Spellcrafts!

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: August 11, 2013, 01:41:02 am »

Well, I'd say they could at least be used to produce things automatically through factories, but this DOES make them quite a bit less useful.

Also, since I can't log into the server, I chose to update to the next-latest version, which apparently didn't help much. I played with the pulsator weapons a bit. Not especially useful, especially since it appears the bubble they make does not travel with the ship as it moves (so you won't be able to zap somebody who's in motion), and basically can't shove anything that the weapon's output block isn't touching unless you make the weapon BIG. At least on the y-axis.

I also followed a fleet of traders-guild ships around for a bit until my game crashed. They're kind of majestic, until they all decide to stop at a point and hover around it for a while. Then they're more like a swarm of really fat, stupid gnats, ramming each-other. After that, they chose a direction and kept moving until the only ships left in the group were two identical Pillar combat Frigates (which aren't exactly impressive in any combat situation, mind.) and me. The rest were either moving too fast or too slow, and the fleet strung itself out until everyone else vanished.

Pics of majesticness:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I believe the latest update fixed the error you were getting.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: August 11, 2013, 02:16:42 am »

I believe it was mentioned that the pulse weapons work solely on the "core" principle. The block count doesn't do anything, only the dimensions of the array.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: August 11, 2013, 05:15:24 am »

Yup, exactly what I did. Unfortunately, the radius of the bubble it generates is only somewhat more than the size of the array's y-axis. It's hard to push anything you aren't touching unless your ship is very tall.
I make Spellcrafts!

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: August 11, 2013, 10:41:10 am »

The pulse not only pushes you, it takes down your systems as well, as I discovered when attacking a pirate base with Asea.

EDIT: Would there be a way for us to get personal guns? I think it said something about an admin command on the changelog.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: August 11, 2013, 11:26:40 am »

It really killed out systems? thats a pain.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: August 11, 2013, 11:35:48 am »

Forsaken would have to do the give gun command for every single person who logs in.  Probably when they are actually on instead of just being able to do it all at once.

Sounds like to much trouble to me when we aren't really likely to blast eachother anyway.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 181