Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325772 times)

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
Re: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early alpha) (we have a multi server!)
« Reply #1245 on: August 10, 2013, 01:11:09 am »

With Greiger Manufacturing you can get a small army of GM brand Wardog Sentry guns for all your defense needs.

(Durnit I'm gunna need to plant some advertisments in space now.   Maybe in major travel routes, criusing along and then suddenly BAM! "Greiger Manufacturing, for all your sentry gun and fighter drone needs!".
I need tanking ships. (as in armored/shielded)
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: August 10, 2013, 01:26:18 am »

Due to recent blueprint remodeling our model variety is a little slim, but may I suggest a GM_Heavy_Fighter?  While faction blocks and AI do not come pre installed they are able to handle pirate stations under capable piloting pretty much undamaged for a ship without missiles.

If you are looking for larger ship there are also the two models of Broadsword battlecruisers, both more than capable of handling anything the AI can throw at it.  In this case faction modules are included, but in the case of the broadsword B you will need to install an AI.

(Haha!  I stole a customer from you Squatch! behold the power of Greiger Manufacturing!)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: August 10, 2013, 01:32:37 am »

Unfortunately at this time Oblivion Defense Contractors are contracted to Eric Blank as Federal auxilliares, and are unable to accept additional contracts. :)
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: August 10, 2013, 02:11:57 am »

Galactic Systems Construction would like to thank Greiger Manufacturing for the new Broadsword battlecruiser currently providing overwatch on our home base.

PS: we still have enough money to buy another, too bad we can't assign wingmen.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: August 10, 2013, 04:45:18 am »

You can set up an AI core on them, but they are only semi-intelligent. Enough to fly around and shoot enemies, not enough to not fly out of a planet sector and start orbiting the sun, or to not fly into the planet's gravity and crash-land. They really work best far from solar systems.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: August 10, 2013, 08:25:10 am »

So there as many manufacturing companies as there are players, with each company producing ships in amounts in excess many times over of what each player needs, how does this economy work?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: August 10, 2013, 09:37:30 am »

It really isn't complex. Attack Pirate Station, now you have hundreds of millions of credits!
And that, is the economy.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: August 10, 2013, 09:50:19 am »

Yah, 800 beacons a pop is pretty excessive. I mean, they sell for like 10k each.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: August 10, 2013, 10:02:05 am »

Forget beacons.

L5 ores.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: August 10, 2013, 10:16:47 am »

So I just had a really gonzo idea this morning: you know how gravity units still affect you, even if you are not still on the ship that's using them? What I'm thinking is, you could make specialized mini ships, docked at various angles to make reverse-gravity or even sideways-gravity elevators. They'd make a quick (if somewhat disorientating) way to get around a ship or space station (and possibly planet, but I haven't done any testing with gravity units on planets to know how they interact.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1255 on: August 10, 2013, 10:54:16 am »

So I just had a really gonzo idea this morning: you know how gravity units still affect you, even if you are not still on the ship that's using them? What I'm thinking is, you could make specialized mini ships, docked at various angles to make reverse-gravity or even sideways-gravity elevators. They'd make a quick (if somewhat disorientating) way to get around a ship or space station (and possibly planet, but I haven't done any testing with gravity units on planets to know how they interact.
Don't they stop affecting you at a certain distance?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: August 10, 2013, 10:58:50 am »

Gravity units do not work within the gravity feild of a planet, they simply do nothing.

And yea, gravity units stop gravity-ing you after you get a distance away from the host ship.  Might work if you scattered lone seperate blocks that are part of the gravity ship despite not being connected.  That way the dimensions of the ship are actually very large despite actually being a bunch of disconnected blocks in space.

That could allow for neutral gravity blocks and docks on factioned bases too, though people still wouldn't be able to use the plexlifts, and the blocks would be vulnerable to attack or accidental turret fire.

Might be worth trying actually...

« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 11:02:52 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: August 10, 2013, 11:54:05 am »

Down for the ship is always down regardless of how the gravity block is rotated, however. You could try building them into attached ships, but you can only control their orientation with the orientation of the docking module. It might be enough, though.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: August 10, 2013, 12:04:17 pm »

Well, I'm not sure how well neutral docked things work on ships; I've had factioned turrets fall off an unfactioned ship before after travelling for a while. Though that may only be for turrets and possibly only apply to ships that have travelled at high speed for a while.

Anyway, this has given me the idea that we could probably make some sort of neutral trade or whatever station. I see here two possible implementations:

One, we could make a giant neutral station "frame" with huge docking areas capable of accommodating huge station modules, which would be player ships built to fit the size. A major downside of this is that, due to prohibitions against nested docking, players wouldn't be able to mount turret or dock smaller ships on their substations.

Or two, depending on how proximity of stations to other stations works, and how station cubes are arranged according to galactic planes (if they all snap to the same grid) we could just put a bunch of stations right next to each other. We might still want to have a neutral station in place to provide easy access from station to station and a way to provide gravity while on other faction's stations. The only major downside to this implementation is that I don't really know how well it would work, though seeing how Eric's neutral station fits flush into his planet, I am somewhat hopeful.

Preedit:
Down for the ship is always down regardless of how the gravity block is rotated, however. You could try building them into attached ships, but you can only control their orientation with the orientation of the docking module. It might be enough, though.
Yeah, this was my idea from the start; you would have the docked ships rotated in such a way that it would provide gravity in the direction you wanted.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: August 10, 2013, 12:04:57 pm »

I was thinking more along the lines of ship cores enclosed someplace inside the base rotated to the desired orientation and then building the ship to mesh in with the base.  Using disconnected blocks built from the ship for the neutral and or rotated gravity and dock blocks.  They have to be connected when you place them, but once placed you can delete the connecting blocks and they still work.

I was going to experiment with it on my factory, but when I logged in I wasn't at my base and hit some "Oh shiny pirate station" ADD on my way back and have to go soon.

Rules are 1 station per sector, I think a station bugging out and making 2 in one sector was what killed the last iteration of the server.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 12:08:21 pm by Greiger »
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 181