Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325681 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early alpha) (we have a multi server!)
« Reply #1035 on: July 30, 2013, 10:27:15 pm »

I use Dropbox, personally, as it has the ability to share things with everyone (which does not mean everyone can modify them as you can just share a link to view them), or to share them privately, or just use it for online storage. By default you have 2 GB free, and I haven't noticed any bandwidth limits (and can't find anything about them on the website). It also integrates with windows, so you have a Dropbox folder, which you can have subfolders in, and then you just put all your images in there and it will automatically upload them (and if you delete them, it deletes them from their servers, etc). It also keeps things synced between multiple computers you have set up with your Dropbox account, or multiple people using shared folders, etc.

For example, you can upload a picture and then get the URL to use it in an image, or you can store your images in a folder and then right click it in windows and click 'share dropbox link'. For example, here are a handful of StarMade pictures which I took, so you can see how it displays folders of images.

Referal link (If you go through the link and sign up and install Dropbox, it gives us both an extra 500 MB of space)

P.S. I made that folder and copied those images into it when I was making this post. They were all in a different Dropbox folder previously as I had not actually used the album functionality before. :P
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 10:29:16 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: July 30, 2013, 10:37:43 pm »

I think the Google+ thing will work. Are people able to view this album? It contains all my Starmade screenshots so far; I'll probably make smaller albums in the future, including ones composed of previous album's pictures with captions.

Also, I think I'll test how hotlinking works:

Spoiler: Frontview of the same (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: And a booty shot (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Seems I got the thumbnails for the hotlinked images. They have been corrected.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 10:46:36 pm by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: July 30, 2013, 10:44:17 pm »

I think the Google+ thing will work. Are people able to view this album? It contains all my Starmade screenshots so far; I'll probably make smaller albums in the future, including ones composed of previous album's pictures with captions.

Also, I think I'll test how hotlinking works:

Spoiler: Frontview of the same (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: And a booty shot (click to show/hide)
Wow.... Nice design there.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: July 31, 2013, 12:42:56 am »

Admittedly, the basis for it was the Abaddon class battleship in EVE online. :D

I left the husks of all those defeated pirate ships floating around that station when I left later. I also left the fighter interceptor craft behind, which may or may not contain a few items in the bins.

Also, these look pretty damn cool:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Alsoalso, I got a few snapshots of a tysue fighter in mint condition:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Didn't stay in mint condition very long, though. None of the offending pirate vessels did. My fighter interceptor craft is actually pretty damn good at its job of eliminating fighters.

The Mors (the long white rocket-shaped craft) and the Tysue are actually pretty dangerous to a poorly-equipped fighter. They can dish out the hurt quite effectively. The Mors also has pretty thick shields for its' size and it's hard to nail the core without having to blow the entire front end off first. All in all I think I went through about 6-8 gangs of heavy pirates today, each sporting 2-4 larger craft supported by numerous smaller ones. One of them managed to wreck my standard fighter craft, leaving it floating with the other husks around the station in (20, 16, 4) I also have a mountain of loot to stow away when I make it home...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: July 31, 2013, 01:32:55 am »

It works. It seems to be quite slow. Oh, hmm, perhaps that's because you left them as PNGs instead of converting them to JPEGs before uploading them.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: July 31, 2013, 03:41:25 am »

The Tysue fighter was fun to make, i did it after i looted 900 some-odd lava off a pirate base near my faction hq.

Mors was also one of mine. Figured that while its pretty tough its also not very maneuverable and as long as you keep moving it should be possible for someone in a new ship to fight. Not sure how feasible it is to attack from that direction but the only unarmored part of the Mors is the rear section which has nothing between the door and the core.

I think those were my only contributions to the pirate list otherwise don't really remember any others and since Ive updated my java star-made has not worked so i cant take a look.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: July 31, 2013, 01:09:52 pm »

The Mors is definitely not something you'd want to attack in a newbie dingy. It's slower than any of the other ships, but it's not so cumbersome that it can't deal with even very light craft circling it. Then again, any craft light enough to outmaneuver it probably wouldn't be able to sport both the weapons and shields to take it out and endure what hits it can dish out when it occasionally does get a shot at you.

Any chance you could make those blueprints public? I've been wanting to test them in good condition but it's very difficult to actually get them into a good testing environment.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: July 31, 2013, 01:19:27 pm »

The server had a big scary message saying it failed to save, then it shut itself down.
Does the server have to be manually restarted? Because I can't get back on.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1043 on: July 31, 2013, 03:51:43 pm »

The server had a big scary message saying it failed to save, then it shut itself down.
Does the server have to be manually restarted? Because I can't get back on.
It did need a manual restart. I'm updating to the latest version now anyway. Will be back as soon as its up

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: July 31, 2013, 11:22:53 pm »

The Mors is definitely not something you'd want to attack in a newbie dingy. It's slower than any of the other ships, but it's not so cumbersome that it can't deal with even very light craft circling it. Then again, any craft light enough to outmaneuver it probably wouldn't be able to sport both the weapons and shields to take it out and endure what hits it can dish out when it occasionally does get a shot at you.

Any chance you could make those blueprints public? I've been wanting to test them in good condition but it's very difficult to actually get them into a good testing environment.

Got my copy working.

For some reason generating my copy of Mors returned a partly damaged version of it, not sure why but i heard of that happening to others after a server crash, so i replaced the damaged blocks and saved it. It is available to everyone as Mors_Pirate and the original Tysue as the Tysue_Fighter.

I also think the Kiri_Fighter might be in the pirate list so i made sure that was available as well.

The Mors was literally my late first or second day ship so don't expect that version to be very optimized, and the Tysue was design from the start to go into the pirate ship list so its not very powerful just intimidating looking.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 11:57:09 pm by deoloth »

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
  • Infernally rotten to the gore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: August 01, 2013, 10:08:34 am »

Well, as someone is unemployed and has no internet money to speak of, that is 23 dollars too much. I'm now seeing if I can do something with my Google+ account. It seems promising, since it seems willing to let me upload 430 images in one go, whereas Imgur only let me upload 150 at once.

Im fond of imageshack. It's free and i've had no problems with it yet.
Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.
BURNING SHIT AND EATING ROOSESSSSSS DDOFOFAOAARRRAHYYYE

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: August 01, 2013, 12:31:31 pm »

Just to let everyone know if you see a new faction called Oblivion, that's us from Dreadnaught. The reason being is Nullius forgot to give me any permissions to let me invite him back. I did a suggestion on their website, but I dont know how this would work out if there's a no person faction?

Note: We did de-factioned all items before we both left Dread so we can get them again on Oblivion.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: August 01, 2013, 12:57:57 pm »

No person factions get deleted on server restarts, etc.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: August 01, 2013, 04:12:12 pm »

I really want to give this a try. There is a Bay12 server, correct? I can't seem to find the IP though...

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: August 01, 2013, 04:16:05 pm »

IP in the OP. :P
The B12 official server for StarMade: 68.55.212.49:4242
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 181