Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: You are likely to be eaten by a grue  (Read 26273 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: You are likely to be eaten by a grue
« Reply #90 on: June 25, 2013, 01:29:02 pm »

"Yeah, Sugar Bytes. That Tristan ... man, what a jerk. Hey, let's go beat up on Tristan for a while, then look for the guy who put the spell on me."

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 25, 2013, 03:46:26 pm »

((Ah, that helps a lot.))
"Edna, since the food is going to him through the player, would it be at all considerable to have me play the game under controlled conditions, feed me something that is NOT a person, and trace it through me?"
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 26, 2013, 08:06:45 am »

"Yeah, Sugar Bytes. That Tristan ... man, what a jerk. Hey, let's go beat up on Tristan for a while, then look for the guy who put the spell on me."

As much as you want to beat up Tristan, you really feel like playing the game. The game sounds like a pretty good idea right now. The game is burning a hole in your pocket. You want to play the game of your own accord.

((Ah, that helps a lot.))
"Edna, since the food is going to him through the player, would it be at all considerable to have me play the game under controlled conditions, feed me something that is NOT a person, and trace it through me?"

Without mentioning your idea to Edna, you push her out of the chair and shove the disk into the second drive. You begin playing.

You now have control of Edna.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 26, 2013, 08:52:39 am »

Use the things we brought to help counter the game on... Our guy. ((Does he have a name?))

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 26, 2013, 10:24:54 pm »

Use the things we brought to help counter the game on... Our guy. ((Does he have a name?))

They do not have a name. Whereas some purveyors of vampiric smut equip their creations with a flashy name and no personality, this particular peddler of supernatural nasties tries his best to give our hero plenty of personality whilst allowing them to remain anonymous.

You brought some hot mystical tea that you got from Fred Meyer (it was a little pricy, but such is the life of a neo-mystic in mundane-dominated society). Quickly unscrewing the thermos, you splash as much of the watery leaf juice on our possessed hero as you can.

Nothing happens.

You take a sip of some of the tea in the bottom of your thermos.

Oh no.

It's cold.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 27, 2013, 12:02:46 am »

heat up in the microwave, retry splashing.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 27, 2013, 01:50:27 am »

heat up in the microwave, retry splashing.
+1, but bar the basement door first.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 27, 2013, 02:39:13 pm »

+1 (bar it from the outside, lest our hero eat our heroine) also check for other exits from the basement, and bar them too. failing that, run away, go home and lock your door. Await further developments/the return of the hero's (marginal) sanity.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 27, 2013, 11:17:31 pm »

+1 (bar it from the outside, lest our hero eat our heroine) also check for other exits from the basement, and bar them too. failing that, run away, go home and lock your door. Await further developments/the return of the hero's (marginal) sanity.

You bravely dash out of the room and bar it by placing a chair at an angle under the knob. This wouldn't even hold you back for very long, but it's better than leaving the door open. You can't see any other exits to the basement.

Heating the tea to the proper temperature will take at least a minute and a half, and you have no idea how long it will take him to transform into the grue. You put the tea in as quick as you can, but barely thirty seconds have passed when you hear a dull thud followed by a sound like an artillery shell, or a barred door being obliterated. You hear heavy footsteps and heavy breathing coming towards you. Looking around, you realize too late that the kitchen is a dead-end; the only way out is back into the living room, which means passing by the basement.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 27, 2013, 11:19:19 pm »

For whom the bell tolls...

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 28, 2013, 01:03:10 am »

This seems like the perfect time to eat the Grue.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 28, 2013, 01:11:04 am »

Take a knife. Try not to harm him too much, but use lethal force if necessary.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 28, 2013, 11:30:40 am »

Grab a knife, and defend the microwave with our life.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 28, 2013, 04:29:55 pm »

This seems like the perfect time to eat the Grue.

The funny thing about unhinging your jaw, it seems that humans have no ability to re-hinge them after the fact. Good effort though, +10 zorkmids. Don't spend them all in one place.

Take a knife. Try not to harm him too much, but use lethal force if necessary.
Grab a knife, and defend the microwave with our life.

It seems like our protagonist only has dinky Great Value-brand kitchenware, but you arm yourself with the least-bendy steak knife anyway.

Our hero comes around the corner to kill you. For some reason, he is now extremely ripped. In an unattractive "extreme bodybuilder" fashion that almost nobody achieves in real life, but he still looks like he could totally tear a telephone book in half. You make a mental note to have him come help you move some tables when he's not trying to eat you.

By the time you finish thinking all this, you realize that he isn't coming any closer. Looking down, you notice that in your haste you had spilled some salt across the doorway into the kitchen. It was extremely fortuitous that the salt fell in such a gravity-defying fashion as to create a meager ward against supernatural beings, but you're not about to look a gift robot in the food port 01.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 28, 2013, 05:13:27 pm »

Victory dance at werewolf, then retrieve warmed tea and splash him. If we forgot to warm the tea, warm it, then splash him.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12