Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: You are likely to be eaten by a grue  (Read 26270 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: You are likely to be eaten by a grue
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2013, 05:30:08 am »

Say: "So .... he was possessed by a video game? And now I am too?"
Think about this for a moment.
Say: "At least it wasn't Pacman."

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2013, 11:02:57 am »

"What... What is this supposed to mean? How is getting hit in the head and then remembering playing DK anything like trying to play Zork and making a man into rump roast?!"
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2013, 11:51:53 am »

"What... What is this supposed to mean? How is getting hit in the head and then remembering playing DK anything like trying to play Zork and making a man into rump roast?!"

"Donkey Kong takes place at a construction site. When the guy got possessed by the game, he felt compelled to go to the construction site because that's part of Donkey Kong. His last memory is of playing DK because he was possessed." She talks down to you like this is incredibly obvious, but the author of the book really should have worded it clearer and may in fact be smacking themselves in the face right now.

Say: "So .... he was possessed by a video game? And now I am too?"
Think about this for a moment.
Say: "At least it wasn't Pacman."

Edna makes a grumpy face, not unlike a certain cat that's been making the rounds on Facebook lately. She is clearly taking this very seriously. "Possessed objects have ways of compelling you to use them," she says ominously, closing the book and taking it back. "And the possession grows stronger the more you use it. It's a downward spiral."

Edna seems pensive for a moment, then suddenly gives you a funny look. "Did you say you took a bite out of a dude's butt?"
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2013, 11:53:40 am »

Edit: Ninja'd

He went to a construction site and started enacting the role of Mario. He banged his head on a steel girder while jumping over a barrel. I assume. I am reading back into his experience based on ours - we act insane because we are possessed by Zork, therefore, if this guy is possessed by DK, this might be what he would attempt to do.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2013, 11:57:58 am »

Mention the tea in the microwave. Mutter something about "not swinging that way" in as awkward a way as possible.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2013, 12:42:55 pm »

"Well... I think it's less the game that's possesing me and more the grue itself. Listen, instead of talking about it, how about I let you see it firsthand? And then maybe you can, like, exorcise it or something. All I wanna do is play some d*** Zork!

OOC: Is anybody else thinking about trying to find a copy of Zork right now?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2013, 01:39:17 pm »

OOC: I sure am. heh.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2013, 03:32:07 pm »

Mention the tea in the microwave. Mutter something about "not swinging that way" in as awkward a way as possible.

Edna giggles, then covers her grin with a hand about five seconds after you notice it. She decides not to pursue the topic and puts a Great Value teabag in the steaming hot water.

"Well... I think it's less the game that's possesing me and more the grue itself. Listen, instead of talking about it, how about I let you see it firsthand? And then maybe you can, like, exorcise it or something. All I wanna do is play some d*** Zork!

Edna tut-tuts you and sadly shakes her head like any disappointed person in any written work ever. "Exorcism isn't as simple as just waving some holy symbols and reading out of a book, you know! That's where a lot of people get the idea that exorcisms don't work; everybody's gotten so used to doing it wrong that nobody can get it right anymore. You have to find out why you're being possessed, and by whom, before you can do anything about it."

You hand her the disk. Edna makes a big show of inspecting it, poking it with her fingers, going over every inch of the surface with a tiny pair of dousing rods, dangling a ring above it on a string, and contemplating the patterns on the completely featureless black plastic that makes up the disk's body.

"Something's hiding inside this disk, but it's been there a while and it's hiding itself deep. It's not going to be easy to find out what this thing is, how it came to be on the disk and why it's possessing you. Do you have any clues as to who first owned this?"
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2013, 03:36:29 pm »

Well, as far as I can remember, I think I'm the only one that's owned it. I could be wrong, though. Also, I might have already told you this, but when I was young, I did have an... Experience with this game, more specifically a Grue.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2013, 04:09:43 pm »

Wait, that;s not right. I think the disk came i=with the set of computers in the basement. It was there when I moved in, wasn't it? Who lived in the apartment before me? Were they the original owners?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2013, 04:20:38 pm »

((Zork download: Here!))
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2013, 06:19:47 pm »

What happens if I break it?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2013, 06:40:38 pm »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2013, 06:44:54 pm »

Well, as far as I can remember, I think I'm the only one that's owned it. I could be wrong, though. Also, I might have already told you this, but when I was young, I did have an... Experience with this game, more specifically a Grue.

Edna: "Well, that's very odd. If you were as young as all that when you had this experience, then I doubt that you've encountered the very same being in this very disk." You recall that your father had never enjoyed the fact that you played videogames, saying that they made you mouthy and disobedient. Since Zork is the only game you owned during your early gaming days, you can definitely attach the game to some behavioral changes.

Wait, that;s not right. I think the disk came i=with the set of computers in the basement. It was there when I moved in, wasn't it? Who lived in the apartment before me? Were they the original owners?

The original owner of the house were long gone by the time you started looking at it. You remember an old man, living a stereotypical old man life, but you never interacted with him beyond noting his existence. You don't remember him ever coming in to Sugar Bytes when you worked there; maybe Tristan scared him off? That sounds like a thing Tristan would do. It was probably Tristan.

What happens if I break it?

Edna: "If you break it, whatever's hiding in there will go to some other object. It could be anything then. As long as we have it in the disk, we know where it is."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12