Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: You are likely to be eaten by a grue  (Read 25529 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: You are likely to be eaten by a grue
« Reply #135 on: July 04, 2013, 09:51:09 pm »

meet and discuss our findings - the salt, the grue-shape, Greenfield, Oregon. See if anything clicks as to the identity of the enemy.

You and Edna meet at her digs. Edna teaches you about the salt ward trick. It couldn't stop anything much larger or more intelligent than a fairy, but dumb beasts like the grue will be stopped. Probably not indefinitely, but you're hoping to never have to test that.

Neither Edna nor yourself has ever been to Greenfield, Oregon, but it looks like that's where our antagonist is currently at. Nothing really clicks; he's still just the strange old man who previously lived at your place and maybe probably yes he did buy stuff from Sugar Bytes, the place where you worked as a young adult.

(Yay, I contributed! ^_^)

Hmm, what'd happen if we opened the files on the disks in a HEX editor, and then used a dowsing rod across the screen while scrolling?

You have no apparatus to put the large floppy discs into any modern computer that would be capable of doing such a thing.

Dousing rods are merely a tool for detecting energy, and you already know that there's something in the Zork disk. You file the idea away for later however, writing it in your handy dandy notebook data storage and retrieval system.

+1. Also, search for gremlins, both in the game and on the forums.

Edna and our hero, despite turning Edna's place upside-down in the search, are unable to find any gremlins.

On the forums, however?

Spoiler: Super secret spoilers! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 10:13:15 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 04, 2013, 11:58:09 pm »

I'm going to be out of town for the next three days, and after that for the next three weeks I will likely be rather sporadic in my interactions on here. I ope to still contribute regularly, only ... less so.

For now ... Unpack boxes. Discuss ways that the spell might be blocked or at least rendered temporarily ineffective. Consider purchasing charms against gremlins. Charms that bring luck of some sort.Go to a movie - a lowbrow comedy. Purchase a large popcorn and two small drinks.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 06, 2013, 09:59:17 pm »

I'm going to be out of town for the next three days, and after that for the next three weeks I will likely be rather sporadic in my interactions on here. I ope to still contribute regularly, only ... less so.

For now ... Unpack boxes. Discuss ways that the spell might be blocked or at least rendered temporarily ineffective. Consider purchasing charms against gremlins. Charms that bring luck of some sort.Go to a movie - a lowbrow comedy. Purchase a large popcorn and two small drinks.

(Apologies for the delay; I like waiting for more people to post before I make a response, but I guess people have been busy. Alternately, if people are starting to lose interest, I've been thinking about running another forum game, possibly at the same time as this one, possibly putting this one away in favor of the newer one.

Anybody have thoughts on the adventure so far? Things that kinda suck, confusing, not exciting enough, trying too hard, etc.?)

Together, you and Edna unpack boxes. However, your weak non-Grue muscles are no match for the properly packed pernicious paraphernalia, so you soon cease and desist these shenanigans and begin discussing ways to potentially block the spell.

Edna explains that while it is easy to redirect a spell to another person, it isn't exactly easy to stop a spell in its tracks. The energy has to be dissipated (requiring a strong magical shield which may or may not work) or absorbed into a container (requiring a strong vessel prepared well in advance, unless you want the spell to escape into whatever random shmuck grabs the item next). Even if you manage to absorb the spell, physical objects tend to have a finite capacity based very loosely on their various physical properties. Ironically enough, actual containers like boxes and bottles are terrible vessels for spells due to their low density and relative fragility.

You and Edna consider purchasing lucky charms, but all you find after a quick Google search is a sugary cereal empire apparently controlled by tyrannical children, who pillage sweet marshmallows from innocent leprechauns in an enchanted forest. However, because you live in a first-world country surrounded by modern conveniences, safe from evil brats who wish to steal your breakfast foods, you only make a note in the back of your mind to see if there's a charity set up and promptly forget about it several minutes later.

You know that Edna likes low-brow comedies, so you decide to take her to the theater to see Another Zombie Movie Humans Infected With A Virus Movie, No Really It's The Last One, I Swear To God Guys Just This One More And Then We're Done, Honestly. You find humor in the attempt to keep a pop culture trend going beyond its last legs that it was already borrowing from somebody else. Edna, however, is unable to appreciate the cynical humor and merely pukes right into your popcorn during an scene where the main hero decapitates three zombies and begins juggling and playing hand puppets with them. At least your drink is fine, because losing faith in the horror genre sure is thirsty work. Always drink plenty of water, children.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 07, 2013, 01:14:36 am »

What if we were to...say, take another person, bind them up and contain them, then redirect the grue spell to the victim volunteer to contain it? It could at least buy us time.

There's that one jerk dude at Sugar Bytes who stole our Gameboy or something, he could work be persuaded to volunteer.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 07, 2013, 09:59:55 am »

How about we set up the game in a very brightly lit enclosed area, then play it?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 07, 2013, 10:48:16 am »

As gremlins, take half of every pair of socks and all the pants that fit the people we have met so far.
Thats what my gremlins do anyways... Well, besides hide my brain. Often on the Mun...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 07, 2013, 12:31:58 pm »

+1 to everything so far.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 07, 2013, 09:32:21 pm »

What if we were to...say, take another person, bind them up and contain them, then redirect the grue spell to the victim volunteer to contain it? It could at least buy us time.

There's that one jerk dude at Sugar Bytes who stole our Gameboy or something, he could work be persuaded to volunteer.

That would indeed be possible, but you'd need to catch Tristan alone and you'd have to be able to contain him even when he transforms into the Grue. Still totally doable though.

How about we set up the game in a very brightly lit enclosed area, then play it?

Unless you have a spare bank vault, mere physical buildings couldn't stop the Grue. Light has no effect on the spell.

As gremlins, take half of every pair of socks and all the pants that fit the people we have met so far.
Thats what my gremlins do anyways... Well, besides hide my brain. Often on the Mun...

You try to steal some of Edna's girly, lacy socks, but find that she only has sensible unisex socks for everyday use. Huh.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 07, 2013, 09:33:00 pm »

Rent a spare bank vault.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 07, 2013, 09:43:24 pm »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 07, 2013, 10:57:55 pm »

TAKE THE SOCKS ANYWAYS! GREMLINS TAKE SOCKS AND PANTS THAT FIT THE OWNER!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 07, 2013, 11:16:42 pm »

I have enjoyed this game, even though it is confusing at times. There's enough humor and storyteller grace to carry me through.

"Are we going to have to go find this guy and use some part of him to break the spell, do you think, Edna? Hey, that's a nice sock you got there. How are we going to fight a werewolf? Maybe we can break the werewolf curse too? Or just give him Tristan. What a jerk."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 08, 2013, 01:08:15 am »

Posting to watch. I'm afraid that I'd make too sensible commands if I actually joined.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 08, 2013, 02:25:09 am »

Join. I'll tidy up any silly seriousness and strange sensibilities you post.
Inquire about a hat.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 08, 2013, 11:20:56 am »

Join. I'll tidy up any silly seriousness and strange sensibilities you post.
Inquire about a hat.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12