Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 37

Author Topic: The Guilds of the Floating Castle, a tactical RtD (Really Turn 8!)  (Read 60819 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: The Guilds of the Floating Castle, a tactical RtD (Turn 8!)
« Reply #480 on: July 06, 2013, 12:15:32 am »

Turn 8

Kylie sends all available rogues to kill the leader of the assassins and this includes the dragon.
Instead of a direct attack, the Rouges line up along the border to the White Zone, and wait for them to come out!

((I actually meant that stretch of buildings next to the wall right next to the buildings I just accidentally boomed, but ah well.))
Send a formal apology to the guilds whose property got damaged and move in repairmen to rebuild them.
Recruit the buildings described above with my NPC wizard helping. Try not to destroy them.
After recruiting, failure or no, go around to the universities of the city and attempt to stir up interest in the Wizards. This should resound well with the academia.

You send in a regiment to rebuild, the buildings are badly damaged, and will have to be torn down and completely replaced.
You and your ally head across the street. 6*5,6*4,1,1,6*1,1. Overshoot FFFFUUUUUUUUU-
You try to recruit more Wizards. 1,4. Fumble Perhaps asking the people who lived in those houses wasn't the best idea.
You start to get the notion that you might be the worst Wizard of all time.

Pull back all assassin units except the one killing Remuthra. Prepare for Rouge attack. Have Remuthra's killer pick up 2 magic scout weasels on the way back
You line up your Assassin's along your border, they are now standing face to face with the Rouge forces, waiting for the other side to strike.
Your Assassin heads to Remuthra. He is still unconscious, so he ties him up and brings him back, along with two weasels.
-20 gold, +2 weasels, +Remuthra

Start recruiting some more Assassins, and training the existing ones to be better at fighting.
You try to recruit more Assassins, trying to use your words rather than money, since your tight on it, at the moment.
6*6*2,4. Critical You recruit two whole regiments!

Oric goes on a recruitment drive, with a slogan of 'action with the fighters. Learn discipline, honour and combat. Be more than you are.'
Matthias gives the call for regiments to reinforce each other at Paladin and Assassin borders.

Your ally attempts to recruit more men. 4,1,2. It seems that able and willing personnel aren't easy to come by after the Assassins toke them all.
You reinforce the borders to the north.

My ally will try to gain the block of 9 houses on the south-west side of the east market. My ally will also send a team of sorcerers westerly to conquer territory and set up an outpost near the central market.
Your ally can only do one thing at a time, so he heads for the closer objective. 1,1,5. Fumble He only manages to get 1 house, and it wasn't a market house.

Find assassin friends.
You look for some more Assassins, this would normally be easy, as half your territory is shared with them, but they've all fallen back for now.

Meet Alexandria.
Take over the Warriors' Market Houses around the northeastern market.

You meet with the Captain of the Guard and exchange your extra regiment for 30 gold and a Pardon.
You head to the Market Houses. 5,6*5,2,1,2. You capture 4 houses, 3 of which are Market Houses, from the Warriors!

A group of the Goblin Mafia attack the Rouges! They take advantage of the Rouges guard along the Assassins' border and steal 4 Houses, 3 of which were Market Houses, from the Rouges' south end!

The Guard takes 3 of the Warriors' Market Houses, 10 Paladins' Houses, including 6 Market Houses, 22 Assassins' Houses, including 9 Market Houses, 2 Sorcerers' Houses, including a Market House, 15 Warlock Houses, including 3 Market Houses
((Check maps to see if this is all accurate, the Guards borders have changed a lot, and I've decided for simplicity's sake that the Guard either completely owns a house or not, so any territory they had that was shared was assume to be taken over unless otherwise specified, talk with the Captain over any misunderstanding, this took me way to long to sort out.))
The Guard are offering to release the captured Assassins under the clause that they join the Guard.

Total Turn: Territory                 Income                 Treasury                   Players                                   
Warriors:       95                         28                         206                         None                               
Fighters:        84                         25                         93                 Maxinum McDreich                       
Paladins:        67                        15                        102                 Harry Baldman, HmH    (+1 Votes, 1 Pardon)               

Rouges:         63                        31                        209                        kj1225             (1 Guard Dragon)         
Assassins:      52                        20                        79                 OREOSOME, dewboy    (+1 Regiment, 2 weasels, 1 Pardon)                           

Warlocks:       36                        7                           54              Remuthra, Dansmithers                       
Wizards:         74                        10                           46                       Xantalos            (1 Pardon)             
Sorcerers:       80                        13                           56                       flabort

In nicer news, the burnt houses are fixed and the new construction project is coming along nicely.

Spoiler: Melee (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Thieves (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mages (click to show/hide)
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: The Guilds of the Floating Castle, a tactical RtD (Really Turn 7!)
« Reply #481 on: July 06, 2013, 12:19:46 am »

Stomp out the remaining goblin mafia in the mainland. Then invite Alexandria to dinner for a private chat about donations to the guard.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Guilds of the Floating Castle, a tactical RtD (Really Turn 8!)
« Reply #482 on: July 06, 2013, 12:21:05 am »

Oh, and Xanmyral will be in next round.
The Derail Thread

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 06, 2013, 12:39:52 am »

I LOVE UNICORNS!!!!!!  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :o ;D >:( ??? :-[ :-* :'( :-\ :P ::) 8) 8) 8) 8)

-MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO ME!
-love your trolling wife.
 8) deal with it.
The Derail Thread

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 06, 2013, 12:43:15 am »

My ally will go to HQ to remind himself ((And me as a player)) what resources and manpower the Sorcerers have, and to delegate that outwards:
Some sorcerers will be sent to build a tavern here:

While some others will be sent to take the territory in that little 'inlet' looking area by the central market.
And some others will be sent with a message to the Warrior's Guild:

"The Sorcerers guild would like to propose a treaty with the current administration of the Warrior's guild, in order to start repairing relations with the varied guilds of the city that we may have offended."
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 06, 2013, 02:37:36 am »

((@mastahcheese: 1337 haxxor wife ftw))

Take over the brown Market Houses to the north from the southern market.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 06, 2013, 04:39:19 am »

(( All good man, sorry I made it so complicated. So everybody this is the white zone, fighting in the white zone is strictly forbidden. Unless of course it's a guard killing you for doing something else we dislike in which case it's perfectly legal and everybody is free to bet on how long the guild guy lasts. ))

Deciding she may as well hear him out Alexandria marches out of the white zone surrounded by ranks of guard, as she does so more of them come out of houses all along the border backed up by a significant number of paladins with the guard symbol painted onto the chest plates of the armor they are wearing.

After looking over the seen for a moment they nod decisively then form a line behind the assassins both providing reinforcements if the rouges attack but also blocking the assassins from retreating.

A short while later a messenger arrives to see KJ and speaks briefly.

"Owing to the fact that your men are presently on a war footing directly on the border to the white zone the captain has declined to join you and instead invites you to come to her as she can not leave the white zone during these hostilities, if you still wish to discuss something with her you may meet her at her base of operation, you are required to carry no weapon and wear no armor if you do so and they can be left with guards on the border. (( If you do decide to see her then you'll have to wait outside for the guard to let you in. ))

As this happens another messenger approaches the heads of the assassins guild.

"You have 5 minutes to stand your men down before we disarm them by force, nobody is going to move across the white zone border to attack and your men are causing significant disruption to the population within the white zone.
The guard controls the border and sees no need for the presence of your killers.
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 06, 2013, 05:31:51 am »

[Next round eh? Fair enough, guess your letter will get a late answer Flabort.]

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 06, 2013, 09:31:17 am »

Kylie walks to the borders herself and orders the rogues to stand down.
"You can have my weapons but I refuse to give up my armor in the presence of somone who is openly hostile to me and my allies."

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: July 06, 2013, 09:38:28 am »

"We will stand down for now, in the neutral zone. I must thank you for intervening."
Send men out to claim territory along the west and southern side of the larger sector.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 06, 2013, 09:48:31 am »

"The guard is hostile to nobody, and nobody comes before the captain with weapons or armor you sought a meeting, those are the terms."
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 06, 2013, 09:54:29 am »

Kylie points to the assassins ans paladins.
"Those people look very much like they aren't wearing armor nor do they look like they have weapons. And they never showed an interest in killing me or my colleague at all."
Kylie frowns and then points to Oreo.
"And that one never openly stated that he would kill anyone in an opposing guild."

dewboy

• Bay Watcher
  • I did it..... FOR !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 06, 2013, 10:09:39 am »

(( can we still build and stuff in the white zone? Just no fighting? Or is it totally under guard control?

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: July 06, 2013, 10:27:10 am »

(( Under guard control but your welcome to build within it, though if you do then your guild causes problems I will just take the property from you in compensation. ))

In unrelated news.

Floating across the city again the captains voice came from her flagship.

"As of a short time ago the assassins guild has surrendered to the guard unconditionally, from this moment onwards the assassins are under my personal command though they will act of there own accord most of the time when outside my borders and as such remain fair game, but attacking any that are on an assignment from myself will have consequences so I suggest you pick your targets carefully."

(( I didn't expect them to surrender so easily lol, but they are kind of in an unfortunate position having angered 2/3 of the guilds in the game in 8 turns. ))

"The paladins along the border are under guard command and following my orders, they will make no move to harm you in any shape or form, the assassins guild  has surrendered to myself and is now also under my command and as such will make no move to harm you.

The choice is yours, if you wish to speak with the captain when she returns shortly then you will be required to surrender your armor, your protection will be guaranteed by a squad of the guard so long as you are within our borders and your equipment will be returned when you leave.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 10:31:42 am by Alexandria »
Now it never would.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 06, 2013, 10:29:44 am »

Kylie strips down to the chlothes she had on under her armor. Then she tosses her armor at the guard.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 37