Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 37

Author Topic: The Guilds of the Floating Castle, a tactical RtD (Really Turn 8!)  (Read 60838 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: The Guilds of the Floating Castle, a tactical RtD (Turn 6!)
« Reply #375 on: July 03, 2013, 10:17:27 am »

((Knowing what it is... I still want one.))

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 03, 2013, 01:15:40 pm »

((Yeah, I'd prefer you not post stuff like that, Dan. I know some people are fine with it, but I personally don't like it. If you could take that down, I'd rather not have stuff like that on here.))
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 03, 2013, 06:17:31 pm »

Investigate the assassin's guild unless you're writing for that already. If you are then investigate the warlock guild. Lord knows those idiots would try this.
My ally will go out and buy a guard dragon. Can't be to careful.
Your ally spends 50 gold on a Guard Dragon
Combat!
You head into the Assassins' Territory, and you are ambushed by a group of assassins!
As they jump out, a group of Guardsmen that were secretly following you jump out and fend off the assailants!
3,2,2,2,1 Vs. 1,1,1 Fumble The Guards unleash arrows at the Assassins! While they fail to score any kills, the Assassins are forced to take cover, and another volley is unleashed!
6*2,5,2,2,4 Vs. 1,5,5. The Assassins avoid the onslaught, and make it to the Guards!
6*1,3,1 Vs. 3,4,4,4,5. The Guards easily turn aside the Assassins and strike back with twin swords!
6*6*2,4,1,5,1,1. Fumble Vs. 4,3,1 The Guards slay half of the Assassins, but the Assassins get in a flanking position!
4,5,6*1 Vs. 4,1,3,6*1 One Guard is killed by the Assassins!

While the battle rages around you, a horde of Fighters with weapons raised charges at you from a different street, yelling things such as "Traitor!" and "Scheming Wench!"
You send off a Fire Blast! 5,5 You roast 2 of the Fighters!
The Fighters catch up to you! 5,5,1 Vs. 2,6*3,4. They deal one damage to you!
The Guards strike back at the Assassins! 6*3,3,3,1,2,4 Vs. 1,5,1 Fumble The Guards push the Assassins back, and go in for another blow!
4,6*1,4,3,4,3 Vs. 1,3,4 They kill another Assassin! There is only 2 left!
The Assassins attack! 4,4 Vs. 5,4,4,2,1 They fail to harm the Guards, and are sent packing!
You send off another Fire Blast! 5,2 You fell another Fighter, they are half-way defeated!
They swing again! 2,4,6*1 Vs. 1,2,1 Fumble They deal 1 damage and knock you down!
The guard fire arrows upon the Fighters! 4,2,4,4,4. They miss!
You scramble to your feet and use a Smoke Bomb to escape!
The Guards fire again! 5,3,2,5,2 Vs. 3,3. 2 of the 3 remaining Fighters go down, and the last one is taken in to custody!

Combat Totals:
kj1225: -2 Vitality, -2 Psyche
Assassins: 4 men lost
Fighters: 5 men lost, one taken into custody
Guards: 1 man lost to Assassins

KEEP TRYING.  >:(
6*4,1,3. You gain 1 Psyche, and wake up!

Leave the premises, perform fundraising for the reconstruction effort. Be persuasive! Be as hot as tomorrow's news! Be the most amazing thing ever!
3,4,5,6*2. You go out and perform fundraising for the reconstruction! It helps immensely!

Donate some money to the reconstruction, and also the manufactory building in progress.
You donate 20 gold to the causes, since the Assassins aren't exactly rich at the moment.

On return, Oric deals with getting the fighters to help out the Guard in repairing the damaged buildings from the fires.
Matthias hires out investigators to find out about the fires and the attack to see who the culprit was. Any information is also passed onto Kylie. If the guard spots and asks for information from the investigators, they give what they've found, preferably painting Kylie in a good light. If not asked, they don't give the information.
Construction begins on a training area on a building literally JUST south of the burned buildings. Intention is an area for the fighters to improve their fighting skills and professionalism.

One of your regiments helps repairing the damage, while you spend 10 gold on an investigator. He begins his search.
You upgrade a large building into a Training House, spending 100 gold. Your regiments will be more powerful, now.

My ally thanks the king for his time, then goes to conquer some buildings on the west side of the east market. After he's safely out of the castle, he mutters an insult about the king.
1,5,5. He conquers 6 houses, 4 of which are market houses.

My ally will recruit the unclaimed buildings up and to the right of my territory.
I, meanwhile, shall convert a building (one just to the left and down of my market houses preferably) to a Tavern.

You do not have enough money to build a Tavern! You need 50 gold for one.
1,1,5. Overshoot Well, you know what they say about wizards... 4 buildings have been demolished! Including 2 Market Houses! The Rouges have lost 4 territory, including 2 Market Houses! The Fighters have lost 2 Market Houses!

Investigate further into magical weasels
Have my assassin kill both warlock leaders and bring their heads to me
Scratch the earlier action by the npc. Spare Dan. As for his colleage.... Kill him
You send off an assassin after Remuthra.
You look further into the weasels, apparently they are enchanted, their advertised powers include everything from telepathic communication, good luck, bad luck, curing sickness... There seems to be one for just about everything from these shady mage-types.

Hire a regiment of soldiers for 20 gold; assign all of them on lookout duty in all of my houses with orders to holler if they see members of other guilds approaching their houses. Give every other paladin an order to immediately go outside if they hear the lookout shout. That way, if anyone tries to burn or conquer even one more of our buildings, they won't be able to do it without making a mess.
While I'm at it, inquire at the market about the price of manufacturing a holy weapon. The weapon should be Lion-aligned and give its wielder prowess in combat against anyone who isn't a devout believer in Lion.

You hire a regiment and set them as lookouts in your houses, with orders to alert your forces.
You ask about a Holy Artifact of The Lion's Might. One of such power could easily be 100 gold or more, but a simpler design might go for less.

A group of Assassins and Paladins team up and march toward the South Markets!
2,5,2 + 6*1,5,1. They steal 7 Market Houses from the Fighters and Rouges!

The White Zone has been expanded!
The Guard goes out to arrest a regiment of Assassins! 1,3,5,5,6*5 The Assassins are down a regiment!

Total Turn: Territory                 Income                 Treasury                   Players                                   
Warriors:       99                         34                         172                         None                               
Fighters:        84                         25                         68                 Maxinum McDreich                       
Paladins:        73                        18                        54                 Harry Baldman, HmH    (+1 Votes,+1 regiment)               

Rouges:         67                        34                        175                        kj1225             (1 Guard Dragon)         
Assassins:      64                        29                        70                 OREOSOME, dewboy    (-1 Regiment)                           

Warlocks:       51                        10                           44              Remuthra, Dansmithers                       
Wizards:         74                        10                           36                       Xantalos                         
Sorcerers:       81                        14                           42                       flabort

Spoiler: Melee (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Thieves (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mages (click to show/hide)
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 03, 2013, 06:21:09 pm »

Kylie sends all available rogues to kill the leader of the assassins and this includes the dragon.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 03, 2013, 06:35:47 pm »

((I actually meant that stretch of buildings next to the wall right next to the buildings I just accidentally boomed, but ah well.))

Send a formal apology to the guilds whose property got damaged and move in repairmen to rebuild them.
Recruit the buildings described above with my NPC wizard helping. Try not to destroy them.
After recruiting, failure or no, go around to the universities of the city and attempt to stir up interest in the Wizards. This should resound well with the academia.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 11:39:57 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 03, 2013, 06:39:06 pm »

(( I should mention on behalf of the guards that the assassin group faced only half a squad, 5 Dark Hunters. A full squad includes 5 of them 3 Bladesmen and 2 Spell Blades.

Sorry Oreo but meta gaming comes with a cost, dewboy cheated, you lost a regiment. ))
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 06:42:50 pm by Alexandria »
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

dewboy

• Bay Watcher
  • I did it..... FOR !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 03, 2013, 07:05:41 pm »

(( I should mention on behalf of the guards that the assassin group faced only half a squad, 5 Dark Hunters. A full squad includes 5 of them 3 Bladesmen and 2 Spell Blades.

Sorry Oreo but meta gaming comes with a cost, dewboy cheated, you lost a regiment. ))

((Thats a mistake that I won't make again)) Pull back all assassin units except the one killing Remuthra. Prepare for Rouge attack. Have Remuthra's killer pick up 2 magic scout weasels on the way back
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 07:13:25 pm by dewboy »

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 03, 2013, 07:08:25 pm »

(( I honestly can't tell if that was supposed to be a joke or if you really don't see what you just did...
But since assassins are stealthy I'm gonna settle it with a roll 1-3, you lose and pay for preparing for an attack you know nothing about before it's happened, 4-6 somehow your assassins saw the rouges preparing.

And..... 4, accepted. ))
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 07:12:13 pm by Alexandria »
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 03, 2013, 07:12:17 pm »

(( I honestly can't tell if that was supposed to be a joke or if you really don't see what you just did... ))
((On behalf of everyone involved in this entire game, I'd like to just... sit, and admire the stupidity of what my Comrade is doing.))
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 03, 2013, 07:13:25 pm »

(( Meh this case I just settled with a straight roll since it is possible he'd have found out in advance, the roll favoured him this time. ))
Now it never would.

dewboy

• Bay Watcher
  • I did it..... FOR !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 03, 2013, 07:15:35 pm »

((I thought this was why were doing all moves against other guilds by PMing the GM?

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 03, 2013, 07:18:50 pm »

(( That's personal choice not requirement, you still aren't psychic. But that kind of case in theory is possible so I'll settle them with straight rolls rather then just bringing down the meta hammer, this time you won :). ))
Now it never would.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 03, 2013, 07:21:19 pm »

Start recruiting some more Assassins, and training the existing ones to be better at fighting.
"A entire regiment lost, and Half of a group that ambushed an investigator... We're gonna need more recruits, and to train the ones we already have to be better. Otherwise, we might be wiped out."
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 07:31:33 pm by OREOSOME »
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 03, 2013, 07:27:08 pm »

Matthias mulled over all that had happened. It did not make for anything good. He gathered his men and women, everyone one of them, and set himself up for a speech.
''What I am about to tell you all is important. I, as leader of this guild, am the law. You will abide by my law or leave. If you stay in this guild and do not abide by my law, you will perish.'' He shifted his axe in his hilt. ''I do what I do for this guild and for our general improvement. 6 of my fighters decided to attack Kylie. 5 are dead and one is in custody, yet again making a scene and fighting the guards. This is NOT permissible. This is NOT tolerated. We are officially allies with the rogues, like it or not. Now, more than ever, this alliance has become important. We were attacked directly by both assassins and paladins, and not just us but the rogues. If those two sides are together, then we MUST act not just as allies, but as battle brothers and battle sisters with the rogues! Do NOT be fooled with those fires. This alliance was feared, it is almost certain that others are trying to frame the rogues to split us. If it is feared, then it is powerful. Her goals seems to be vengeance on a single person, which means she will support our goals. There is NO reason to forsake this alliance.''
He paused, to let the fighters mull over this. ''Of you who are NOT happy with this, leave now. Those that stay will NOT attack the rogues. We are THEIR strong arm, they are our rearguards. That is military tactics. That is the situation, that is the offer. Those of you that stay, prepare for a bloodbath. We are now at war with the Paladins and the Assassins.''
He stands down and gets on with other matters, hopeful to retain as many of his men and women as possible, particularly as action was on the horizon for them to vent their frustration.

He formed two letters:
One was to the head of the guard:
'Head of the Guard,
I have heard that 6 of my members attacked Kylie Johnson while she was protected by some of the guard. One of which is in your custody. This is a letter to write my sincerest apologies. They acted outwith my rules, and are not affiliated with the guild. Enclosed is 10 gold for the guard to use as appropriate to better protect our great king's holdings.
Matthias.

The other was to Kylie.
Kylie,
I am writing to apologise for some of my men attacking you. I promise it will not happen again. I have stated to my troops we are now at war with the paladins and the assassins. They will not get away with such audacious acts. I would also ask for you to tone down any appearance for a date or attraction. My men and women are restless, and it will be difficult to keep them in line and their morale up, so I need to at least appear to have my head away from romance when making decisions or they will merely think I am bewitched.
I wish I could meet in person to have said this, but I am now very busy with all that has happened.
Until next time.
Matthias.

Oric goes on a recruitment drive, with a slogan of 'action with the fighters. Learn discipline, honour and combat. Be more than you are.'
Matthias gives the call for regiments to reinforce each other at Paladin and Assassin borders.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 03, 2013, 07:32:45 pm »

My ally will try to gain the block of 9 houses on the south-west side of the east market. My ally will also send a team of sorcerers westerly to conquer territory and set up an outpost near the central market.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 37