Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 37

Author Topic: The Guilds of the Floating Castle, a tactical RtD (Really Turn 8!)  (Read 60932 times)

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
Re: The Guilds of the Floating Castle, a tactical RtD (Turn 0!)
« Reply #225 on: June 24, 2013, 10:11:08 pm »

''WHY YOU LI-'' Matthias' practically leapt over his desk (yes, he has one. No magical secretaries for him, see), axe in hand, profanities out of his mouth.
Only Oric's solid frame got inbetween the two.
''I'LL KILL YOU, YOU WENCH! YOU THINK YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH THAT??''
''MATTHIAS! For two seconds, your head! Use it!''

It took a while, but Matthias... still being held back by Oric, was able to listen.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 24, 2013, 10:14:06 pm »

"Matthias have you been hanging out with that Joe guy or are you actually this stupid? What reason do I have to burn down your buildings?"

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 24, 2013, 10:18:57 pm »

''Who else can use fire as well as you can to put in scorch marks of how feeble fighters are? More importantly, who else would even KNOW of the phrase 'The offer still stands?' The only reason I don't point out that YOUR part of the building's were left untouched is because anyone CAN do that for a setup. But explain the rest!''

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 24, 2013, 10:25:37 pm »

"Have you considered the fact that there are others who might of heard us? I'm sure that it could of been the assassin's. Or the wizards. Or the warlocks. Really there is a great many who rightly fear us forming an alliance."

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 24, 2013, 10:56:07 pm »

Consider surrender.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 01:16:43 am by Dansmithers »
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 25, 2013, 12:04:51 am »

EDIT: Stupid Computer
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 01:38:00 am by mastahcheese »
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 25, 2013, 12:19:05 am »

((You're in so much trouble now, flabort. There's no way the Powers That Be would ignore you turning that many buildings to ruins.))

News of the destruction spread fast throughout the Order. Everything that happened next to a Paladin building was reported to the higher-ups, and That Crazy Kobold's latest exploits took place smack in the middle of Paladin territory. Needless to say, Obok grew quite angry when the news arrived: even his newest acquisition wasn't enough to compensate for the ground he just lost.

But his Paladins, when asked whether they'd like to assist Obok in his quest for vengeance, shook their heads the moment the Kobold's 'name' was dropped, so he had to think less conventionally: like a wronged civilian rather than a guild member. He went to Alexandria.

"Oi, Cap'n, I got bad news fer ye: some mind-controllin' kobold sorcerer is walkin' around magickin' me boys to smash buildings to bits so's he can loot 'em. Got an entire block already, last I heard. Me paladins are good at kickin' bandit arses and savin' kittens from the trees, but against this little freak... well, ye know they ain't trained to argue wit' immaterial voices.

"So here's what I offer: me an' the rest o' me boys hold off the kobold's thralls so's yer fine guardsmen can grab the little bastard before he thrashes anyone else's house. Me only condition is, he an' he alone will be held responsible fer the whole building-wreckin' operation: those a' me boys that he bewitched dinnae have a chance in hell against his sorcery, so there's no sense in tarnishin' me guild's name by holdin' 'em accountable. That sound reasonable?"
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 03:47:30 pm by HmH »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 25, 2013, 04:59:33 am »

Consider surrender.
Accept surrender, keep an eye on him.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: The Guilds of the Floating Castle, a tactical RtD (Turn 2!)
« Reply #233 on: June 25, 2013, 05:33:20 am »

Scout out potential currently unaligned or Paladin-aligned investors to help with rebuilding the parts of the town that were burned, try to interest them with a pitch to create a new type of house over all the freed-up real estate - a Manufacturing House specializing in centralized creation of various goods at a unified standard of quality. It should be fortified, large and capable of housing a large workforce acting as a humanized assembly line of sorts. This would create new jobs and invigorate the economy of the city, presumably, leading to prosperity for all!

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 25, 2013, 08:25:17 am »

"Have you considered the fact that there are others who might of heard us? I'm sure that it could of been the assassin's. Or the wizards. Or the warlocks. Really there is a great many who rightly fear us forming an alliance."
''No, I wouldn't consider that considering that it was a house belonging to both fighters and rogues! EVEN if they had heard, it's a bloody convenient way out for you, isn't it! You rogues are nothin' but trouble, always sneakin' around and never revealing who did wha-''
A short silence.
''It does seem weird that the rogues would make it that obvious it was them, doesn't it, Matthias.'' Oric piped in, still holding the man back.
Matthias looked at Kylie. ''I'll find out who it was, and I'll smash their heads in so hard they'll be 9 feet under.'' He turned around and smashed his desk to pieces in one swipe of his axe.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 25, 2013, 10:20:37 am »

"Not before they look like my steak. Which by the way is well done."
Kylie nods a polite good bye and walks out.

dewboy

• Bay Watcher
  • I did it..... FOR !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 25, 2013, 10:31:43 am »

Scout out potential currently unaligned or Paladin-aligned investors to help with rebuilding the parts of the town that were burned, try to interest them with a pitch to create a new type of house over all the freed-up real estate - a Manufacturing House specializing in centralized creation of various goods at a unified standard of quality. It should be fortified, large and capable of housing a large workforce acting as a humanized assembly line of sorts. This would create new jobs and invigorate the economy of the city, presumably, leading to prosperity for all!

Offer to help with rebuild.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 25, 2013, 01:37:27 pm »

Go grab some nice new guild buildings.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 26, 2013, 01:29:13 am »

Turn 3

Go to market and see if they have better and more affordable armor. While I'm there send my assistant to take over a market house.
You head to the Market and find some affordable armor. 6*1,3,5,2. You buy some leather armor for 10 gold.
Your assistant heads to a market house. The only nearby Market Houses are those owned by the Assassins. 4,2,3,3. He fails to capture the Market House.

Pick over through the rubble for any magical artifacts, books, or other objects of value, while staying unseen. When done, go convince the next few market houses on the south side of the market to join our cause.
My ally will try and take the remaining 6 houses on the block on our northern edge in a speed blitz of shows of power.

You pick through the rubble piles. 6*3,5,2. You find miscellaneous trinkets and gizmos worth 20 gold. Not much else, though.
You head over to some Market Houses. 4,3 Your words lack weight, 3,4,3 and apparently, so does your magic.
Your ally heads to some northern buildings. 4,2,2. But he can't manage to get them to join.

Matthias and Oric would continue to convince the neutral areas down South to join, at first by showing the honour they have, and if they refuse still, intimidation/challenge.
4,2,3,6*5,6*2. The combined efforts pay off, and 5 Territory is gained.

The NPC Wizard shall try to go claim the market houses he attempted to last turn. If he succeeds, he will try for the houses unclaimed by all guilds to the bottom right of the city, directly above my territory. Try to claim the whole block.
I shall proceed to the noble houses and attempt to procure support for the Wizard Cabal.

Your ally heads to the Market Houses. 2,2 He fails to convince them. 5,5,1 A display of destructive magic changes their tunes. 3 Market Houses gained.
You head to a Noble's party. 6*3,4. A noble is impresses with your facts. +1 Votes.

Consider surrender.
You offer surrender to your ally.

Accept surrender, keep an eye on him.
Go grab some nice new guild buildings.
You accept, and head to acquire some territory. 3,4,1,6*5. You acquire 4 new buildings, 2 of which are Market Houses.

Offer to help with rebuild.
The Paladin and Assassins team up to provide a new addition to the City. 5,4,4,3,3,1,2,4,4. You manage to get a little support, but nothing major. At least they will get started on it soon. A new Building is under Construction!

The Warriors try once more to claim more territory. 3,6*3,5,2 They claim 6 buildings.

Shady figures approach the north-west side of the Main Market, and surround the Fighters' Market Houses. Screams are heard in the night as the Fighters are attacked and captured. They are dragged away into the night. The Fighter's lose 6 Market Houses, and a regiment of members!

Meanwhile, near the still smoking ruins of the old Fighter apartments, another conflagration burns through the other side of the street! The Fighters and Paladins are both hit by the blazes! They is a message left reading, "glad we're at each others' backs"
The Paladins lose 3 buildings, and the Fighters lose 2, the buildings are being blocked.

The leader of the Sorcerer's Guild is reported to have disappeared under mysterious circumstances.

The seems to be some sort of commotion going on at the Warlock's Guild tonight.

The City Guard goes on a series of Raids around the Castle! 8 Warlock houses, 5 NPC Cultist houses, 12 Assassin houses, 5 NPC crook houses, 4 Paladin Houses, and 9 NPC brawler houses have been cleared!
The Nobles have been warned to refuse to aid in any guild actions! The Paladins have lost 3 Votes, and the Wizards have lost 1 Vote.
A member of the Paladin's Guild was executed today for the destruction of a City Block! A message is delivered by the Captain.
"Your making a mess on my streets and so you get this one warning, keep your fighting contained, I do not care if you all kill each other but leave the buildings intact. From this moment onwards any damage done to the kings property will be paid for with the blood of you and your fellows. You have been warned."

The King demands to hold an audience with the Guilds tomorrow, at least one leader from each Guild is legally required to attend.

Total Turn: Territory                 Income                 Treasury                   Players                                   
Warriors:       99                         34                         104                         None                               
Fighters:        93                         40                         124                 Maxinum McDreich   (-1 regiment)                     
Paladins:        66                        11                        52                 Harry Baldman, HmH    (+1 Votes)               

Rouges:         78                        43                        139                        kj1225                     
Assassins:      57                        22                        56                 OREOSOME, dewboy                               

Warlocks:       51                        10                           24              Remuthra, Dansmithers                       
Wizards:         74                        10                           16                       Xantalos                         
Sorcerers:       75                        10                           22                       flabort 

Spoiler: Melee (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Thieves (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mages (click to show/hide)

((Thank you everybody for posting the actions of your NPC buddies, it helps me out a lot. dewboy, I had OREOSOME just follow you and help you out, feel free to order him about like an NPC till he gets back.))
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 26, 2013, 01:35:03 am »

Post rogues around all over the city with strict orders to approach me if they see anyone who is acting shady around a fighters house. My assistant will look into (steal) the recent records of all the other factions.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 37