Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Chartered Waters: new demo! 5/28  (Read 10527 times)

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
Re: [codename] Charted Waters — Nautical trade roguelikelike
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2013, 03:03:34 pm »

Does libtcod provide the "GUI" elements for you or did you have to code them?
Libtcod provides the ability to read and store keyboard input and mouse input. That is the extent of its GUI support.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2013, 10:06:51 am »

Ugh - I'm starting to realise 90% of the time I spend working on a game is the UI and graphics and not the game itself. Which is a total bummer!

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2013, 10:16:01 am »

Ugh - I'm starting to realise 90% of the time I spend working on a game is the UI and graphics and not the game itself. Which is a total bummer!

Heh, yeah.  Those are the two things that always cut my projects short.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2013, 09:54:37 am »

1.31 MB dropbox link.

It's the most recent build of Charted Waters! :D You still can only make deficits on trade, though.

If you find any bugs, please report them on the Github issue tracker! It's really helpful for me to be able to see issues all there and decide what to work on, then close it when it's done, and also track which 'push' to the repository fixed that issue. :3
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 11:18:06 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2013, 10:30:09 pm »

Apparently I'm a trade good?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2013, 01:17:38 am »

Remalle.
Those are humor items, but as Skyrunner's over in the bay12 IRC, we're talking about goods. At the moment, or as far as my memory goes, she has ~180 names of goods to place already. And that's just the food category. :P
^^

You requested to be one, remember?

However, Sky's busy at the moment due to exams coming up real close, but will continue soon-ish. Talking to her on the IRC channel, and testing out those releases. It's really improving loads! :D

And smashing all dem bugs by suggesting. That's fun too.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

New compiled demo is out: Dropbox 1.35 MB.

It's Win32 native executable.

Screenshots:

Noticeable changes include that the screen size was drastically cut, from roughly 1500x768 to about 1200x576. This should be much more tolerable on smaller monitors.
Also, little 'zone markers' were added to shop screens (accessible by pressing 's' while you are on a city). When they are activated, it means that that area produces a lot of agriculture/industrial/other/luxury goods, and thus trying to sell those goods will make the price slightly lower.
A price algorithm was placed that makes goods sell for higher the further you are from the closest city that sells that good. Because the supply/demand economy isn't totally working yet, that means that selling for profit is easy. xD

Pressing '1' in the shop screen will take you to the Drydocks, where you can swap your ship for another ship. If your ship costs more than the one you want to swap to, it's possible that you can get a refund.

The Ship Status screen ('S') was updated, too.

Next up is ship parts to customize your ship.

Please report any bugs here!

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Also posting to watch! And plunder!

Yaarr!
Love, scriver~

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

So none of the PTWers tried out the game? :(

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I tried out the game! :O
Love, scriver~

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

is the console meant to be made of p

p, p everywhere

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

In that case, reboot the game. It's a bug that I haven't gotten around to fixing yet xD

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

IT KEEPS HAPPE- no it doesn't

alright now that i have purchase boolet how do i travel awaywards

i have this noice pathfinding done and good ol' asdf/arrow keys do nothing relevant (arrow keys move the map, woo)

consider allowing the map to roll over when going left or right unless we're not working with a regular planet here

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mouse-click on the map to set a course, then [.] to make time go - your ship sails automatically.

Also I don't think it's supposed to be a whole world, more like an area like the Mediterranean or Indian Ocean or Carribbean or Baltic/North Sea.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8