Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 91

Author Topic: @)~~}~ (RPG) Magia Exquisitis II: OOC ~{~~(@  (Read 56233 times)

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: @)~~}~ (RPG) Magia Exquisitis II: OOC ~{~~(@
« Reply #960 on: July 29, 2013, 05:54:49 pm »

A reasonable, if RP-light turn would be:
7 hours: Practice some maths. Maths are apparently important to magic and my balance. 4d6+2 Education: Math
1 hours: Ask Thorton who I'm going to be with for the next mission.
4 hours: Get Jan to do a background check, in case that person is a total creeper? 3d6+2 Research
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 05:57:43 pm by Grek »

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: July 29, 2013, 06:41:52 pm »

If turns weren't already locked and I had noticed that earlier. :P
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: July 30, 2013, 11:32:03 pm »

No reactions to the turn?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: July 31, 2013, 12:11:13 am »

Two things really stuck me.

1: I have been pondering the whole Eon Seed thing, although largely from how my character would react to the knowledge of it, it seemed like a fairly interesting and important question which I could use to help myself understand David moreso. Just from the conversation that Sweeny had with Vortanna from the session, I was formulating a theory that Sweeny was in fact the bad guy we all know he is. Just from what was said, it appeared at the time that the Eon seed would rewrite reality to fit Vortanna, and I thought to myself "Why is Sweeny so quick to dismiss this as a bad thing."

Obviously, Vortanna is to big of a wuss. No way she would let her subconscious keep killing people even if it meant saving tens of thousands of people from the fates of those kids that were being tortured. So I can understand why she would want to stop it. But if Sweeny truely cared then perhaps instead of trying to make her stronger via 'harding her up' he would well. Just try to make her stronger.

I can understand that if strength of convictions are what cause the seed to be under control that aligning your convictions to basically be what the world already is might be the safest way, but Vortanna already fights for her convictions in other ways. From my characters prospective I would not understand why she would chose to try to suppress the Eon seed at the same time as I see her object to the way the world is working, such as with the hags.

Also I would expect Sweeny to also think in roughly this way. So why is he doing this? And that's when it sorta hit me. Sweeny is also fighting for his convictions. With the most powerful weapon he can. Although his impending death soooorta would put a damper on it, but he has significantly shown that he is the type of person to care about things after his own death. And hell, he said he was proud of the things he has done, even though he knows that many of them are evil.

So here is the thing. The Eon seed is a very powerful thing that can be used to realign a universe to your own views, although doing so of course will make you walk on the edge of killing everybody and everything. But if Vortanna managed it her viewpoint is totally opposed to Sweenys. If the universe was realigned to Vortanna Sweeny would be totally discredited, good would win out, his actions would be seen as nothing but wrong and foolish, depending on how strong the Eon seed and Vortannas control is it could even retroactively wipe him from existence. On the other hand if Sweeny realigns Vortannas views, he will not only stop this from happening, but might even strengthen his views, making it so things that he did become objectively right, depending on the strength of the seed and Vortannas control this might even bring him back to life, although that possibility seems remote since it would require such a total and finely controlled change in Vortannas world view I doubt Sweeny could accomplish it in decades, let alone months.

Of course, that was the theory. This latest turn has severely weakened, although not killed, that theory. Also this is all OOC theory crafting. I don't think my character will ever learn of the Eon seed, and I doubt Vortannas would ever learn of my thoughts on it.

2: Greek is getting a demigod for a pet? That's pretty cool. Hopefully it's a tank.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: July 31, 2013, 12:19:08 am »

After reading that little bit of information, Cript, I was actually thinking of something like that. If Strength of Will is the most important thing here, then though attempting to mitigate damage by changing how you think so that it'd be less collateral MIGHT help, it's not the Most Important Thing.

Vort will be doing a lot of thinking, here.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: July 31, 2013, 12:21:54 am »

Yes. Changing your convictions generally does not make stronger ones it seems. Although who knows with Vort.

3: Not really something that came from the turn. But something that has been on my mind about the game. I was wondering if being able to talk to animals would turn my character vegan, vegetarian, only eat wild animals, only eat domesticated animals, or would make him okay with eating sapient animals (and if in this case that would include humans or if he would make some type of somewhat hypocritical exception for his own species.)

4: Springing from 3, is Miles okay with eating humans? If not, how is he not ether a hypocrite or a racist for his elf eating comment?

Edit: I don't actually know if my conviction changing comment is true, since I have never had a large philosophical revelation in real life, but eight months seems like a short amount of time.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 12:23:29 am by Criptfeind »

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: July 31, 2013, 12:34:46 am »

More like an Ugyone is getting a pet Jeremiah, Cript. They don't really follow orders from anyone but their creators or people capable of beating them into paste.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: July 31, 2013, 12:57:46 am »

There's a chain of command here: Macho Man->Vich->Alexander->Ugyone->Jerry->Eirl.

So, while I'm below the Ugyone in rank, I'm above the demigod.

E: as far as, "Is it a tank", I quote:

You know this creature to be a Vichin, the product of a sordid fling between Vich Gor'Teerech and the Olympian Athena. When alive and active a Vichin is equipped with a sword, a spear, a frightening elephant head mask, and armor made from her father's flesh. The gear of a damaged Vichin reforms as a compact stasis chamber, in which the sacred warmaiden can rest for as many centuries as she needs to regain her strength and wholeness of body.

The Vichin have their mother's tactical mind and humanlike form, and their glass gear drips with a lesser version of their father's venom. It takes alot of abuse to force a Vichin into stasis, and once they are in their dormant state, they are almost completely beyond destruction. There are only three recorded instances of a Vichin being killed on earth; Thor and Zeus each managed to do it with a lightning-bolt, and Cthulhu swallowed one whole.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: July 31, 2013, 01:27:01 am »

Oh, so it was a different demigod. Hard to tell in the Magiaverse sometimes.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: July 31, 2013, 01:30:06 am »

Ugyone are actually space aliens, BTW. They come from space ships and fly through space. Using their tentacles to row through the aether because screw you physics.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: July 31, 2013, 01:52:25 am »

4: Springing from 3, is Miles okay with eating humans? If not, how is he not ether a hypocrite or a racist for his elf eating comment?

If I recall the exact quote, Miles said they were sort of delicious, not that he actually enjoyed doing it consciously. Which is why he paid to find out, because it was bothering his conscience.

Guys lived 500 YEARS. He's literally tasted everything-Humans included. So if he had to, yeah, he'd totally chow down. But he wouldn't enjoy it.

Also, dat turn. Eh, whatever, right!

So what dose this mean? Misprint? I'm still a bit confused on the 'rules'.

To find out the type of critical, find the mode of the dice, and add the skill rank. Do not round in any of these steps. If the result is at least seven, it is a critical success. Otherwise, it is a critical failure.
Alice's Result = 7 (Crit Fail!!!)

Did Kuji mean to type a 1?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: July 31, 2013, 04:06:42 am »

Well that certainly could have gone better
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: July 31, 2013, 05:27:12 am »

Well that certainly could have gone better

Mmhumm. It's unfortunate you lost your whole turn, but I suppose they could have done worse.

But what else is new, right? No other game is as depressing as Magia.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: July 31, 2013, 05:39:57 am »

Yeah this stuff happens it wasn't too bad as long term consequences go, sorry about your gauntlets though.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: July 31, 2013, 05:57:19 am »

Yeah this stuff happens it wasn't too bad as long term consequences go, sorry about your gauntlets though.

We'll get you another pair eventually, though I'm pretty much broke right now...

I'm mostly annoyed our nice RP was ruined by a bad roll. An RP I started, because I was depressed with how the game was going and wanted to turn things around morale wise.

<_<

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 91