Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 91

Author Topic: @)~~}~ (RPG) Magia Exquisitis II: OOC ~{~~(@  (Read 56324 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: @)~~}~ (RPG) Magia Exquisitis II: OOC ~{~~(@
« Reply #540 on: July 02, 2013, 10:11:10 pm »

In the last Magia they were, but everything was a straight single dice in the last magia. It is a bit of a pain in the neck to check the individual rolls for each d6.

I'm still going to lean towards yes though... but its still up in the air.

In the old Magia, criticals were done in sessions as well, yes. They just tended to be less soul crushingly horrible in the sessions.

Two words: Styx Fever

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 02, 2013, 10:11:54 pm »

And Vampirism :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 02, 2013, 10:14:00 pm »

I don't think Vampirism was the result of a crit. At least your aborted case wasn't. Daintyroot's might have been when she swallowed that dude.

On that note, crit Daintyroot transformation sequence.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 02, 2013, 10:22:12 pm »

Styx fever wasn't so bad. A little fainting and experiencing being near death. Nothing different from what usually happened.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 02, 2013, 11:11:55 pm »

So I had a second journal written up, describing the appearances and holy symbols of the Gods in great detail. Then my computer crashed. Damn it.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 02, 2013, 11:15:53 pm »

That happened to me when I ran a suggestion game called Young Coven years ago. I lost a turn that I put 4-5 hours work into. Ended up killing the game in frustration.

Now adays I copypasta a backup to google docs every few paragraphs on b12.

KujiUn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 02, 2013, 11:48:16 pm »

Forum Turn Criticals:

Do note: all dice should be individually trackable for forum turns.

When rolling a skill check for a forum turn, also roll a d20. On a 1 or a 20, the skill roll is a critical.

To find out the type of critical, find the mode of the dice, and add the skill rank. If the result is at least seven, it is a critical success. Otherwise, it is a critical failure.

For example:
For skill rank 1 and a roll of 5 for the d6, if it is a critical, it would be a critical failure.
For a skill rank of 2 and d6s at 4 and 2, that would have a mode of 3, and would also be a critical failure.
For a skill rank of 3 and d6s at 4, 4, and 1, the mode is 4, and that would be a critical success.
For a skill rank of 5 and d6s at 1, 1, 5, 5, 6, the mode would be 3 (average of the most recurring numbers), and would be a critical success.
For a skill rank of 4 and d6s at 1, 3, 5, 6, the mode would be 3.75, and that would also be a critical success.

Session Criticals:

Session criticals are purposely designed to have a lesser rate of occurrence. However, due to not being able to track individual dice in MapTools, as well as the effects of criticals in battle, there are times when the odds surpass the forum turn criticals. These should only happen with low skill ranks, however.

In any skill roll where the result is the lowest possible allowed by the dice, it is a critical failure.
In any skill roll where the result is the highest possible allowed by the dice, it is a critical success.

Kudos to Grek for his crit system, which I made a few changes to to fix up.
Still alive, amazingly.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 03, 2013, 03:48:23 am »

Styx fever wasn't so bad.

It was bad for me. :P

I mean, if you don't rp much it was just 'lol lol, pass my res check and so what'-but, being compelled to KILL yourself is pretty traumatic. Especially for someone who very much does not want to die and doesn't like to give up.

Also, if it has to be stated somewhere, Miles shares IC knowledge of all of his skills and abilities with Alice

Since I figure some people might want to keep certain stuff under the hood, as it were.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 03, 2013, 03:53:26 am »

Alice will do the same thing with Miles
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 03, 2013, 09:53:11 am »

Hey Tar, can you please be so kind as to post that shop you were working on for Grek.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: July 03, 2013, 11:54:37 am »

I'll get on that soon.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: July 03, 2013, 01:20:21 pm »

but, being compelled to KILL yourself is pretty traumatic.

I fail to see how that is anything traumatic or out of the ordinary for the old Magia group.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 03, 2013, 09:03:19 pm »

I'll get on that soon.
Insert squeeing noise here.

E: I would like to add that the Hank Hill spell is incredible and I am totally learning that one next :P
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 11:34:59 pm by Grek »

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 04, 2013, 09:52:48 am »

Ya can't. Only Internal Mages can learn it. For now.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: July 04, 2013, 11:20:39 am »

Alright. A few rule changes/notes:

1. I have added the prerequisites for increasing ones skills to the character progression page. Anybody who has raised a skill without meeting prerequisites so far has their early advancement grandfathered in, and does not have to change anything.

2. I have removed the 'Can Specialize' tags from the Magical Combat and Mundane Combat skills. I know Ragnarok was using specialized ranks in Magical Combat, so he gets a free rank up to that skill and a Feature Point to make up for me dicking around with the rules relating to his build.

3. I've decided Ragnarok was too slow in asking for those Cantrips. He will have to spend his points after next forum turn. (IE, I just can't think of anything ATM that relates to Sidereel Martial Arts AND what you did during the forum turn)

4. We are now using the Time Bonus and Crit Systems invented by KujiUn with help from Grek. You may all want to edit the dice on your forum actions to reflect that. I should be rolling, and perhaps even writing, the turn tomorrow.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 11:23:29 am by Weirdsound »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 91